Complete Building Services Employee Reviews

Overall company not bad.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2018
Optional overtime was available. Management could use improvement, in house certification within the company for job advancement..Good Health benefits available however, safety precaution was a concern on some sites.
Pros
Overtime, good benefits with retirement option
Cons
Rotating weekeds, Safety Precaution
Just do your job
Data Specialist, Customer service facilities (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2018
None of the above do your job show up check in pick up your tickets do your work. stay available for any emergencies. Manager floats around keeping eye out for problems.
Great company
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2018
Great company, many places for advancement. They stress that you continue education and obtain licenses for related lob duties.........................
Good company for growth.
Building engineer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 1, 2018
I only work for two years however was given support whenever I ask-they have great experience managers
I would go back and work for them
I had left for personally reasons and nothing to do with the company
For the most part they have good engineers who I enjoy working with and seem to have a team building experience.
Most of their site(I work at a few different sites)was a good upkeep buildings.
Pros
great managers and HR department
Cons
most of their buildings in DC
A great place to work and grow if you are interested in building maintenance
Engineer Apprentice summer internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2018
A typical day at work started with a meeting in the morning to lay out objectives that had to be done for that day. I learned a little about Heating and cooling, plumbing, and being an electrician.
I really like the management. They were helpful, reliable, and understanding. The culture of the work place was enjoyable, and respectful. The hardest part of the job was when everything seemed to go wrong in the FEMA building at the same time. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and meet during the time I worked there.
Pros
free lunches, and sometimes could leave early
Cons
days could go very slow or were way to busy
Fun place to work
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 13, 2018
Great place to start a career and fixed hours and great benefits.
Independent or team work environment. Great cultures offering yearly bbq and fun activities for employee and family.
Paid education is a plus.
Pros
free turkey, ham and picnics for summer and winter
Cons
bi-weekly pay and manual timesheet and documentation
Building, Renovating, and Roofing
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 1, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how roofing systems work and the importance a good roof play in the maintenance of your home. I learned how to calculate for the proper materials.
Best in the business
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2018
Enjoy every aspect of the job and they seem to always bid right on contacting facilities and or properties they supply work vehicles and gas cards great
Pros
Company picnics
Cons
No cons
very good people
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2018
Best company to work, I have learned a lot through all these years, I hate to leave but I would like something closer to home. very good experience, safe.
Good company to work for.
Watch Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 1, 2018
Excellent company. Not sure about benefits as I am part-time and do not participate. Company provides uniforms and tools at the site I'm working at. I'd work for them full time if I lived closer to work. The guys I work with are good people.
Cons
Manager to involved in personal life of employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2018
Stress to perform. Weekly team building meetings. Management too much in personal matters. Enjoyed daily team members support to complete tasks. Open space work environment.
fun place to work
Position - Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 23, 2018
Great place to grow and learn many location and opportunities for growth and training plenty of over time . great working environment I wasn't there very long so there not much else I can say.
Pros
you will learn your trade well
Cons
time off with pay barley any
Proactive environment
Apprentice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Working for Complete Building Services has changed my thought process. Due to the daily challenges I encounter, my knowledge/ skills are constantly exercised and everything learned has been translated to my everyday life.
good place to work.
Lead Engineer - Marriott Residence Inn (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
working for complete building services was a good experience for me. I really had some good teachers. I really miss working for the company. if I had the chance I would probably go back
Cheap Slave Drivers
Watch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 18, 2017
Cheap slave drivers.
Would never work for them again. Bad managers. Unrealistic performance standards. Horrible work culture. Chaotic. Unorganized. No good.
Pros
Employees get Turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Cons
Cheap and ungrateful company.
Opportunities
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2017
CBS offers many opportunities especially for people starting out in the trade. You can find what you like to do and chances are their is a position within the company to accommodate you.
Pros
Encourage and finance education
Cons
Raises
Awesome place to work!
Work Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
I’ve worked for Complete Building Services for 18years! During that time I’ve had the good fortune to be able to learn and interact with many people. It is a awesome place to work, we work hard and play hard. CBS is a team oriented company, eager to see its employees succeed. They know that the people make the Company. I am thankful that I work for a company who puts its employees first!
Productive, fast paced and always something good going on.
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
My typical day at work is turning the phones on, opening and closing work orders our engineers, setting up conference rooms through our schedule book, issuing fitness center waivers, parking and permit waivers, scanning ID badges, assisting other staff members with assignments and overall emphasis on diversity in the workplace.

I've learned so much more about our "Green Building" especially with working directly with the Project Operations Manager Building for our Building Facilities Department and our Engineers.

The hardest part of my job is saying "Goodnight" because with my group, we are family.

The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to come to a fantastic building and learn so much more everyday.
Pros
Good working hours and we make the job experience fun.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Work hard, have fun, do a good job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 12, 2017
Complete Building Services is a stable, comfortable and caring place to work. You can talk to any of the senior management any time about anything. The President talks to everyone like he's known them forever. There is a lot of hard work that goes on, but people also laugh and enjoy the process. CBS has great people who've been here for a long time as well as plenty of new folks who've joined up more recently. A good mix.

They are really successful growing the business. They've won a number of good contracts in the past year and a half and also have many long time clients (over decades). The new offices are a big step up from the old office. Clean and bright and modern - but not over done.
Pros
People get together to eat lunch and talk. There's a lot of laughter and fun
Cons
I wish their technology was a bit more up to date
A very good company.
OPERATING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 17, 2017
A very good company, who should focus more on education in the future , they have some solid managers and a very good support group and also working in dc was one of the best experiences I've had in a very long time.
Pros
your co workers
Cons
Shift change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Complete Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Complete Building Services Reviews by Location