Complete Building Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Building, Renovating, and Roofing
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 1, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how roofing systems work and the importance a good roof play in the maintenance of your home. I learned how to calculate for the proper materials.
Best in the business
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2018
Enjoy every aspect of the job and they seem to always bid right on contacting facilities and or properties they supply work vehicles and gas cards great
Pros
Company picnics
Cons
No cons
very good people
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2018
Best company to work, I have learned a lot through all these years, I hate to leave but I would like something closer to home. very good experience, safe.
Good company to work for.
Watch Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 1, 2018
Excellent company. Not sure about benefits as I am part-time and do not participate. Company provides uniforms and tools at the site I'm working at. I'd work for them full time if I lived closer to work. The guys I work with are good people.
Cons
Manager to involved in personal life of employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2018
Stress to perform. Weekly team building meetings. Management too much in personal matters. Enjoyed daily team members support to complete tasks. Open space work environment.
good place to work.
Lead Engineer - Marriott Residence Inn (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
working for complete building services was a good experience for me. I really had some good teachers. I really miss working for the company. if I had the chance I would probably go back
Cheap Slave Drivers
Watch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 18, 2017
Cheap slave drivers.
Would never work for them again. Bad managers. Unrealistic performance standards. Horrible work culture. Chaotic. Unorganized. No good.
Pros
Employees get Turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Cons
Cheap and ungrateful company.
Opportunities
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2017
CBS offers many opportunities especially for people starting out in the trade. You can find what you like to do and chances are their is a position within the company to accommodate you.
Pros
Encourage and finance education
Cons
Raises
Awesome place to work!
Work Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
I’ve worked for Complete Building Services for 18years! During that time I’ve had the good fortune to be able to learn and interact with many people. It is a awesome place to work, we work hard and play hard. CBS is a team oriented company, eager to see its employees succeed. They know that the people make the Company. I am thankful that I work for a company who puts its employees first!
Productive, fast paced and always something good going on.
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
My typical day at work is turning the phones on, opening and closing work orders our engineers, setting up conference rooms through our schedule book, issuing fitness center waivers, parking and permit waivers, scanning ID badges, assisting other staff members with assignments and overall emphasis on diversity in the workplace.

I've learned so much more about our "Green Building" especially with working directly with the Project Operations Manager Building for our Building Facilities Department and our Engineers.

The hardest part of my job is saying "Goodnight" because with my group, we are family.

The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to come to a fantastic building and learn so much more everyday.
Pros
Good working hours and we make the job experience fun.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Work hard, have fun, do a good job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 12, 2017
Complete Building Services is a stable, comfortable and caring place to work. You can talk to any of the senior management any time about anything. The President talks to everyone like he's known them forever. There is a lot of hard work that goes on, but people also laugh and enjoy the process. CBS has great people who've been here for a long time as well as plenty of new folks who've joined up more recently. A good mix.

They are really successful growing the business. They've won a number of good contracts in the past year and a half and also have many long time clients (over decades). The new offices are a big step up from the old office. Clean and bright and modern - but not over done.
Pros
People get together to eat lunch and talk. There's a lot of laughter and fun
Cons
I wish their technology was a bit more up to date
A very good company.
OPERATING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 17, 2017
A very good company, who should focus more on education in the future , they have some solid managers and a very good support group and also working in dc was one of the best experiences I've had in a very long time.
Pros
your co workers
Cons
Shift change
fun workplace where you can turn your job into a career
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 15, 2017
I love working for CBS. Even though they are a mid-size company they make everyone feel like a part of the family. You can learn a lot working here for whatever your field is. I came from working a law firm and still was able to fit right in.
This company is great
Helpdesk Analyst / Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I currently work part time and was told that there was an option to go full time later, possibly at a different location, but that doesn't seem to be going as planned. But the company has great benefits from discounts at hotels, to health medical and 401K insurance! I would love to work for them again in a full time position.
Pros
great time work, great parent company
Cons
n/a
Good Company Overall
Apprentice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2015
Pretty relaxed most of the time, decent pay and benefits, no union though.
Was transferred without notice, nobody seems to know anything about this other than the person deciding who I've never met.
Pros
Benefits, overtime
Cons
Pay not great, always transferring people
The company was going bankrupt
Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2015
The company was going bankrupt and we did not get paid on time. Four times in 1 year we did not get aid until a week after pay day, and Management didn't understand people have bills to pay.
Official response from Complete Building Services
July 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. Complete Building Services (a division of The Donohoe Companies) has never been remotely close to bankruptcy in its 50+ year history. Not sure what caused the problems you describe, but we do our best to ensure every employee is paid on time every pay period. If anyone ever does experience something like this, senior management would like to know right away so we can correct it.

Work here if you want to get in shape for the olympics!!
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2014
Repairing and Installing walls doors lights, ceiling tile, all plumbing and electrical, drywall, tile, in all commercial buildings.
I learned how to do alot of plumbing and elctrical.
My co-workers were great to work with and very helpfull
The hardest part was carring 100 sheets of 12x4 drywall up 32 flighrts of stairs.
Dont ask why but I loved installing lights fixtures and VAV's.
Pros
alot of free food
Cons
insurance
was fun palce to work
Maintenance engineer / plumber (Former Employee) –  National academy of sciencesJanuary 7, 2014
more maintenance knowledge on VAV,get more involve with DDC sytems.commercial plumbing work
HVAC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2013
Well Complete Building Services is a good company for any one who want to start doing building engineering work, it also a very good company to start learning about plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and maintenance work in small and big building.

Complete building services have deferent department each department work hand in hand to accomplish the task required for a project. workers are schedule to work mostly 40hrs a week or more if overtime is needed base on the term of the contract.

I learn a lot of stuff in this company about plumbing work, Electrical work, mechanical work, carpenter work, HVAC work, Building maintenance work, painting work, drywall work, engineering work. and so on.

Complete building services is part of Donohoe company in Washington DC and the management are working together to run this company project. although there is a govern body like the president and vice president mostly they always come from the family of the owner Donohoe and then each department will have their management.

co-workers somewhat friendly and helpful to each other however they talk about not been paid enough.

complete building services move workers around and at times you will have to do shift morning or afternoon or night some people says that is the hardest part of the job you are not stable in a job site.

If you are post to work for complete building services in hotel you will eat free if you like the food they serve.
Pros
sometime you may have free lunch
Cons
you can enroll for healthcare provider
Family Oriented, Great Place to Work
Work Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2013
Been with CBS for 4 years its a great place to work and grow. The management team is a blast to work with. Each day I learn more and network with the DMV vendors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Complete Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Complete Building Services Reviews by Location