Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.

Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Messy place
CHHA/COMPANIONSHIP (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJApril 19, 2019
This place is horrible and they only care about higher ups, supervisors sucks bad there. They steal supplies from the job, talk down on ppl Nd u don’t grow at all here because they gonna make sure u don’t grow. Run now bad ENERGY HERE
Pros
Consumers are nice, and some staff
Cons
Short lunch breaks, micromanaged often never a steady assignment, staff over 50 is the MOST MESSIEST THERE AND ITS SAD!!!
Entry Level, get experience then get out
Social Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 24, 2019
CBH care was a horrible agency to work for. The consumers were the best part of the job and interacting with them made the days worth it. Management is absolutely horrible and would not promote growth of its employees. Director would promote people that were lap dogs and would go along with her horrible management skills. Harassment was okay in managements eyes and they would make sure to back the managers not doing their job and label workers who had passion for the job as bad people. The turn over rate was extremely high and was blamed on salary, while the salary was not the best most people left because of the horrible management. Workers who were not liked in the Directors eyes would never be praised even if they went above and beyond. Workers were told, she won't let you be recognized because she doesn't like you. Management would not back the clinical decisions of employees but belittle them and tell them they were wrong. Supervision was never given and when an employee made a mistake they were called out in front of the office for it. CBH gives you the entry level experience you need for your resume but once you leave you will see how there are better run mental health agencies out there.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Management, Environment, Overall Agency
Semi-stressful job with disorganized management
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJDecember 6, 2018
They're always short staffed (because many people transition in and out of this job within 6 months) and always pull you for shifts you don't sign up for. I felt that the consumers needed better and more attentive care than the facility is currently giving. Some rules are overly restrictive and make no sense to the consumers. Some staff speak down to consumers and pay them no mind. You are told it is a job that helps consumers transition out of CBH care and become more independent, but I haven't seen a single consumer improve or leave the facility for the better. You are responsible for cooking meals and rationing out cigarettes for the consumers, in addition to monitoring behavior and giving them medications at appropriate times. You aren't educated about what medications the consumers are taking or how to answer questions they may have about their medications. All we know how to do is check off boxes and sign that the consumers have taken medications that day. The job gives you plenty of wiggle room to relax and play on your phone all day, but if you really want to work in mental health and take care of those with less fortunate diagnoses, this is not a setting you want to be in. You aren't truly helping anyone by working at CBH, you're just filling in a time slot for the managers who don't want to come in on weekends.
Pros
You can do almost whatever you want on shifts, sometimes you connect well with a few consumers.
Cons
Consumers need better care than you can give in this position
Flexible
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJNovember 26, 2018
Overall good experience, but it can be very stressful, there isn't a lot of room for growth, you can become a resident manager and that adds a lot more responsibilities and duties but the change is pay is very minimal and not very worth it. Besides that, it is very flexible, people are able to arrange their schedule if they are in school and taking classes. There is a high turnover for all residential staff, but it is still a good place to work at while you are in school and developing your skills and experience..
Pros
Flexible with school/internship schedules, can usually work as many hours as desired and available, dress code is relaxed
Cons
Can be stressful at times, not much support from management
no room for growth
Social Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 18, 2018
No room for growth. Very stressful with constant over capacity of caseload due to employees leaving. The pay was very low, even if you had a high degree.
Cbh
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJApril 18, 2018
This job is cool pretty laid back the consumers are cool to work with. I do believe that the facility can be updated and a bit more clean. Overall the pay is ok and benefits are cool.
Fulll day w/ full caseload of individual session.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 22, 2018
Duties included:
Assessments, TX plans for CODX consumers
Individual sessions
Group one per week
Work full, colleagues and support staff a pleasure.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Client caseload high
terrible management
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJFebruary 12, 2018
The consumers are the best part ....High turn over rate. Main office staff are professional to a fault. But you dont work with them.... Stay away !!! Training is poor and lapse. Admins know they just keep hiring and firing. Lucky people get out a soon as possible.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
On your own . Training vague .... Salary poor
Important part of the community, catty environment to work in
Clerical Support/ Secretarial Services (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 20, 2018
It was a catty place to work with almost an entire female staff. Daily tasks were not well outlined and led to performance reviews where I ended up being criticized despite my completing tasks efficiently and quickly.
Pros
Learned a lot about pediatric mental health
Cons
No feedback, disorganized
Great to start out of college
Social Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, NJJanuary 10, 2018
First job in the field out of college with a BA in Psyc. As full time you get 14 an hour and affordable health ins. The clients are the best part of the job, they are all very unique and you need a lot of patience. There isn't room for growth unfortunately and there can be a lot of pressure since you are dealing with medications. There is a lot of miscommunication about meds, which is scary. You do a lot of admin work and help the consumers achieve their treatment plan goals you set with them. Coworkers can be really catty and you see a lot of ppl that shouldn't work with mentally ill. Don't stay too long, get experience and try to do better.
Pros
403b, health insurance, paid holidays, sick time, good training
Cons
Catty coworkers, low pay, no security, stressful
Great place to start in the Mental Health Field
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJDecember 30, 2017
Really enjoy working there, encountered a lot of amazing individuals. I will always keep this job as a part-time, its a team effort and my co-workers are really good team players. The overtime is GREAT!
Pros
Managers are not on your back
Cons
Commute
Great Learning experience
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 21, 2017
My time spent here over the summer was excellent as I had the chance to learn about the mental health aspect of counseling. Working with adolescents was an important part of the learning experience.
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJOctober 31, 2017
is a good place but a lot of work with too many information from different managers, which can be confusing. is not that hard but they make stressful.
Great Job
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJOctober 26, 2017
Always a pleasure working. All staff work together to ensure that our consumers thrive in their everyday living. Our consumers are our top priority. We take pride in being valued by our consumers.
too much paperwork, no training, no raises, no incentives
Therapist, LCSW (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 10, 2017
The pay is not good, no raises in 12 years. Too much paperwork, no ongoing training, unrealistic expectations, doctors come and go, not treated well. Lack of respect for the workers, upper management makes good money however professional staff does not.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Too much paperwork, no training
favortisim
SOCIAL SERVICES COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 26, 2016
if you are not in the "group" they will give you a hard time. the clients are nice and the job overall is not bad, as always the staff will run you away because they have seniority.
Productive community friendly company
LPN (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILSeptember 25, 2016
I have worked in several different areas of this company over the years. The training is the best for each area. They are professional and knowledge-about each program.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
need more physical security.
Great place to work for work/family balance
PATH Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 2, 2015
In my 14 years there I was in several different positions and no 2 days were alike. I learned crises management, treatment planning, working as part of a group and honed suportive listening skills. I had wonderful supervisors who were there when I needed them and understood importance of family as well.
CBHC was a wonderful learning expierence!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 6, 2015
I learned a great deal interning at CBHC. I was given the opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary team, which was very supportive and encouraging of each other. I was afforded the opportunity to facilitate and co-facilitate a variety of groups as well as provide individual counseling.
Great Learning Opportunity.
Social Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 4, 2015
I enjoyed my work experience here. I was able to enhance my clinical skills. I will take all I have learned here into my future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. Reviews by Location