Comprehensive Health Services Employee Reviews

opportunity to advance
Project Coordinator International Operation (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMay 11, 2018
I have had the opportunity to work in different area for CHS.
I deployed to Iraq, I worked projects such as sub contracting, DOD and DOS contracts and was a project coordinator for the international division /. I believe they open up opportunity for any one that wants to learn different area of the business.
CHS is a great company to learn, increase your skills and succeed!
Unprofessional
Ycw (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 1, 2018
Unprofessional management.... gossip and slander more important than work, lots of favoritism. Leads, case managers, youth care workers would talk down to youth care workers.
Stressful, unorganized, unbalanced working environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 21, 2018
I support the organization's mission and vision and the priority set in place for the undocumented minors. However, the structure of the organization is struggling and need improvement.
Great Experience
Medical Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLApril 18, 2018
I had a great experience while I worked at the shelter. All the coworkers were team players. Made some good friends while I was working there. Learn about many cultures. In overall it was a good experience.
Chaotic But Great Job
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMarch 29, 2018
At first everything is confusing and a bit messy but once you are under a department, things start to get easier and you are able to do a great job. I definitely recommend this job to anyone that desperately needs one and loves working with kids.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Parking, Accomodation
what i learned
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  miami, flMarch 8, 2018
i learned that it is very rewarding working with youths. it was always nice to see them come to the shelter and it was always emotional when they had to go.
Horrible Management - Inconsistency
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAFebruary 25, 2018
Most of the people in the company were awesome, but morale was really low due to the CEO running the place. She didn't know what she was doing and love gossip. She did everything she can to cause problems and drama in the workplace. She did not believe in paying overtime for the time she required you to work. I would not recommend working for this place unless she was removed as running the place.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Horrible management, poor pay, unprofessional owner
interesting population to work with
Lead Clinician (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 24, 2018
busy from start to finish. Can not plan day, anything can happen when it happens, have to always be ready. very rewarding working with different professionals.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Pay was not balanced
Productive Informative and motivating
YOUTH CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2018
In my worh hours, I tried to give the best of my experiences and knowledge,to guide the UC'S who were in my charge,for example my In leisure time,I liked to talk with the UC'Sabout how theirnbehavior should be in the shelter,I explained to them what are the laws,and obligations that we have in this Country.
For me CHS it is an excellent company,which gratifies and rewards well its emploees.
Of the leaders,the true is that many times thier work consented only to threaten and intimidate us.Raraly they did recognize us or congratulate us for the good work we did.
Pros
Very good company
Cons
Inefficient and disorganizaed leaders.
Productive, good enviroment
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 16, 2018
It was a good company to work , they trained us well to do our job better. The leads were very polite and nice to work with . i love the scheduled we had.
Pros
Free lynch
Cons
Short breaks
Had A great time working for CHS.,The experience was totally beneficial for my career as a Youth worker.
Demonstrate supervisory management (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 8, 2018
If I would have the chance to go back as a Youth care worker I will.
Which at this moment ,, The Shelter is still close and on the review on reopening depending on the the Dept. of Refugee and resettlement,and the Dept, of Home land Homeland Securiy...
Pros
the experience was awsome
Cons
Stressful, but noting i couldn't handle.
great place to work for staff is very friendly and helpful
Patient Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 28, 2017
Its starts out slow some days, but it varies at times. Most of the time it very busy and a great environment. Staff is life family very friendly always working together,,
Productive great experience
Temp Job for Government (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLDecember 21, 2017
Great company to work for great experience i continue to get updates on the company I do hope they open up again and I can have the opportunity to work with them again
Most enjoyable part of the job
Provider Network Operations (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLDecember 13, 2017
The direct manager was great, as well as the people in my department. The company as a whole is growing quickly and location is awesome. The benefits to include paid time off, sick days, holidays and some flexibility was also a huge plus.
slow and did not train well
Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLNovember 30, 2017
Unless you knew the management you were not noticed, unless you did something wrong. Training was basically not offered and if you did receive training it was like only 5 minutes.
Pros
the pay was great
Cons
does not train employess properly
awesome
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2017
great environment, great employees. The company itself was a great organization to work with, the hours were great they had three shifts that you can pick from.
productive and fun place
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLNovember 2, 2017
supervise and maintain order with every assigned unaccompanied child at all time whether in transition to another locate or during moments of being stationary.
Pros
free food
Cons
short break
I believed in what we were doing for the kids
Youth Care Worker/case aide (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLNovember 1, 2017
There was definitely a major problem with favoritism. I was promised a higher position from day one and every time I would address management, it was always put off. Many times did I stand in as Lead but never given the title nor the pay. It honestly was very upsetting to see the favoritism that was constantly going on while waiting for advancement I would come in and to here would be a new group that got promoted and of course they were all buddies with the higher ups. They was always also a problem with certain procedures that were changed back and forth over night. I would have loved to have a permanent position with this company because giving all else I have addressed I loved working with the kids and really felt that I mattered to them and helped make there transition to the states easier for them. That mattered to me.
Pros
Working with the kids was rewarding. Pay
Cons
Favoritism was horrible and management seemed to think they were better than the rest oof us.
good job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 30, 2017
It is a great company. Many of their job positions are temporary, so no benefits or vacation etc., however, they pay really good. They are a well-organized company, I only wished they had permanent positions.
Pros
can grow in company
Cons
lots of temporary positions
Good Overall
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 27, 2017
I started out full time, I had some run ins with the pervious manager and did not enjoy that. They took all that in reprimanded the manager and I respected that full heartily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.