Comprehensive Healthcare Employee Reviews

Poor HR Support
DCR (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 10, 2018
Poor ACS crisis management team. Poor support from management. Poor HR support. Poor training. Poor clinical mental health culture. No support from coworkers.
overall enjoyted this compalny
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 29, 2018
overall I enjoyed working at this comany becuase I loved what I did, I also enjoyed who I worked with for the most part and mostly enjoyed my boss. I did not enjoy the politics of the highter managment and the trickle down affect it had directly related to me.
VERY competitive pay for nurses, retention bonuses, great benefits
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 6, 2018
We have a rotating schedule at my unit, a REALLY great manager, and I see constant seek for improvement, with good positive feedback. What we do for the clients here is way more than other places I have seen, and the staff is truly passionate. There is a lot of collaborative teamwork that happens, clinical reviews and the boss and providers truly want our input which is rare in nursing. They have pension, 403k, flex and all benefits which are really good and very affordable. Great chance to move around within the company and in my experience they pay the most in the valley for anything I was interested in! I love this company's mission. Days off with notice, ability to take vacations without time off due to rotating schedule and predictable time off. work slightly less than every other weekend.
Pros
time off possibility, great bosses, teamwork, passionate core staff
Cons
sometimes short-staffed due to hiring nurses right now, but not because of team issues!
Good company, non-profit level pay scale
Support Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Comprehensive is a good company with good benefits and a nice stable schedule. The pay structure is on the low side for support/administrative staff, but that is to be expected with a non-profit.
Productive and fun workplace
Clubhouse Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAOctober 21, 2017
It was a productive and fun place to work. Although stressfull at times, the stress was balanced with enjoyable activities throughout the day.

The members were quite friendly and compliant for the most part.
Awful upper management
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 8, 2017
The president, CEO and HR are unhelpful and rude. They do not value your opinion and work ethic. The clients are great to work with. Support staff and clinical staff are great and really care about the clients.
Work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 2, 2017
Management at CRP facility was the worse management! I think they made it more stressful, the work environment management the staff was horrible! Never have I experienced or worked for a job like this that it was a stressful due not for what needed to be done but by the staff and management.
Pros
I loved what I did to help the clients out
Cons
Fun place to work, where you can help people
Mental heath worker/ case manager (Current Employee) –  Yakima, wSeptember 2, 2017
I love working at comprehensive I am just relocating and mean to find something that is work at home that I can do on the computer. I like working with people and helping people figure things out
Pros
The pros for working at comprehensive or probably the people and being able to help so many people
Cons
The cons for working a comprehensive or probably when you are not able to help someone
Comprehensive Healthcare
Case Manager/Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 25, 2017
Working for Comprehensive has been a new awesome experience! With new programs being offered employees and management are adapting together as a team. Patience is the key to success, nothing negative about Comprehensive Healthcare comes to mind, the work environment is great! Benefits are outstanding! Working with a population who needs the extra help is something I admire :) My Names Kaylo and I approve this message, lol great day now.
Pros
10/HR 8/HR and overtime are offered
Healthcare
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 9, 2017
Busy with payroll, auditing timecards, report, doing accruals, paperwork, auditing A/P batches when it is not a processing week.
New hire, terms paperwork, transmitting taxes, ACH files, keeping employee files up to date. Doing a semi monthly salary payroll of $800,000 each pay period.
benefits
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
Work was life
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at CWCMH. It was my life, I would work up to 80 hours a week. The Clinets where my second family, i saw them more then my own family. it was such a joy to work with them and get to know them on a personal level
Relaxed and balanced place to work.
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 3, 2017
Comprehensive Healthcare is a great place to work. Management is always available to help. Whole team is supportive of each other and the work environment is friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment and supportive
Cons
Na
...
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 7, 2016
This is overall a good company to work for. The pay isn't that great, but good supervisors in each of the departments. Easy to advance to other departments after you put in enough time in your own department
Positive and looking to grow
WISe Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 20, 2016
Comprehensive Mental Health is a great place to work and there are great people to work with. I work directly with youth and their families and it is a great experience. I like coming to work every day and enjoying the people around me. The hardest part is hearing about the trauma clients have gone through, but watching them succeed is rewarding.
Pros
good insurance (especially vision), room to grow in the company
Cons
hard to balance work and home life
great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 11, 2015
I loved working at this company. great staff to work with. met lots of great people. I don't know what else to say but this is making me keep typing to fill in the spaces
Conscientious and enjoyable employees
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 4, 2014
The office I worked in was a fast paced client oriented operation where things changed on a daily basis. While working there I learned about Mental Health in a whole new light and came to appreciate those with a willingness to help others. This company does really good things in the communities it serves and the people it is able to help.

The hardest part about my job was jumping into new programs or procedures that were not always ready to be up and running. A little more planning and training usually was needed as the ideas were not always fully thought through before implementing and so you had to figure it out as you went along. There was always constant change.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the reward you got when you were able to see the difference the office made in peoples lives as they were able to overcome their battles with their illness.
Pros
Employee relationships
Cons
Burocratic politics
A great opportunity to learn diverse nursing skills
DUAL DIAGNOSIS NURSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  yakimaOctober 10, 2014
My typical work day was spending time with clients completing head to toes assessments.
Pros
experienced physicians to learn from
Night shift at an Youth mental health facility
RN-BC (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 21, 2014
I worked at an acute care in-patient mental health facility for youth. During the night shift the patients would receive their last medications and safety checks. Initial intake calls were received and intake assessments were done as patients and families arrived. I learned that 80% of mental health problems in youth are associated with problems within the home. Management was not available easily at night. The hardest part of the job managing the phone systems because it was my only source of communication at night and must work properly on both ends of the line. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching youth and their families re-connect and enjoy being with one another again.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks
Cons
Lack of contact with providers and management
Cutting edge, advocates for workers and clients
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Salmon, WAAugust 2, 2012
I appreciate this employer who works closely with the state to provide good services to people in need. Because it is larger they can offer better compensation and even a pension plan. They actively work to maintain a good team atmosphere. I really appreciate that this organization tries to stay ahead of the curve by anticipating in advance how things between medical and mental health care might go, and as a result are experimenting with this new role for me. I love being placed in a medical clinic with a great ethos. We do often work with quite challenging clients but that is what keeps the work interesting!
Pros
on the medical side, free luncheons occasionally, great team ethos. i work with people i really like.
Cons
at times i feel under-utilized, my role does not encourage long-term therapy