Comprehensive Hospice and Palliative Care

Comprehensive Hospice and Palliative Care Employee Reviews

United States12 reviews
The environment is very toxic because, management created this type of atmosphere and the Medical Director (Doctor) continues to allow for this to occur (The Devil Wears Prada). Management needs to get educated and learn compassion, be business savvy, be better communicators (we deal with people everyday). You don't need a mafia style approach, "Its Hospice". It just shows the lack of competency, professionalism, knowledge and experience you possess (it's there somewhere,so find it!) to successfully run a company. I wish I could say that the Medical Director isn't to blame, but, he is just as guilty because, it's his company and he has to be involved in every aspect of it. Although, he is a very busy body, he has always been well aware of the damage and destruction management has amassed. There are so many great employees who have worked there (both past and present). Yet, turn over rates continue to be an ongoing problem. The Medical Director needs to take time to really reflect on who makes and will ultimately break the company's success. No, its certainly not just management's sinister dictatorship practices but, the lack of retention from good compassionate people who desire to still work for CHPC (spreads like wildfire). Without great employees the company will never flourish (it's not just a numbers game). These are real people's lives your dealing with. Although, management can easily fire and maybe rehire 6-8 people in a month, what does that say about the company and the community they are attempting to serve. I really wish the company the very best in their endeavours - more...
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
The company car is the selling point for new hires, Its also the way management leverages their power, and can abuse of their employees.
I love the team of nurses I have worked with! The CEO/CFO is a wonderful person and really listens and cares about her employees.The physician owner was always available for questions or concerns, and was always kind and patient. The nurses support one another and work seamlessly together. If I wasn't moving out of state, I would never leave.
I really enjoyed talking to the MD and learning from him but all other office staff, managers and " owners" were EXTREME bullies , condescending , manipulative liars.
I would never ever tell someone to apply here or to allow their loved ones to receive hospice care through them. Almost they care about is numbers, and how much money you can bring to them.
Pros
Not a one
Cons
If you value your professional license, avoid this company
They just do not care about their staff. The management is horrible and still horrible after years. For the company to get better, it starts with the management. They’re always firing people and people are always quitting. The management talks to you like a little child. They have no respect. They can get rude and nasty. They play dirty and not by the books at all, so unprofessional!
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
Management, all of them.
Wonderful team members a and supportive owner.
Excellent company to work for!

Supportive management.

Always worked together as a team.

Employees always helping each other out. Recommendations and feedback were always welcomed my management.
Pros
Support, teamwork
Cons
Non
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Don’t let these negative reviews, influence your decision to apply here! The spur of negativity, and implicated employee abuse, has since been resolved , with the recent changing of management.
Personally, I have actually never enjoyed a job more, than I do here. And you will never find a more dedicated, compassionate, involved, intelligent team, and Medical Director !
Hospice is a very rewarding career, this company is horrendous. . Expect to case manager 16 to 19 patients, consistently having your patients be re-staffed due to field staff leaving, staff being terminated changes in assignments and policy. Very high turnover with this company. They rule by intimidation, demand you see your full caseload and then take their triage after hours, expect to take calls all night and than work again in the morning. If you don't respond to their emails to take their triage, they threatened to automatically assign you.Triage often case managers patients due to fluctuating employee census and lack of case managers.
Pros
super field staff
Cons
management
If you want to work yourself to death, have absolutely no life outside work , be constantly berrated by unethical management , and have constant stress , then this is the company for you. If not, RUN.
Pros
Field staff is very good
Cons
Too many to mention here
Beware of this company. They are unethical in every way from bogus patient admissions, poor patient care, to horrendous unfair treatment of employees. Nurses are salary here, so you will be worked into the ground and told you don't do enough. Hospice is honorable work, but this is not an honorable company.... Look elsewhere
Pros
Company Car, Triage team
Cons
Poor management, stressful, unethical
I love hospice work, but working here was a nightmare. A lot of very unhappy employees who walked on eggshells. Staff was great, but certain upper management made it intolerable.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Management made it intolerable
Working for hospice is an amazing career! However, I would highly recommend not working here. This used to be a wonderful company to work for and unfortunately the leader currently in place has managed to make it a miserable place to work. Employees have no value, are mistrusted, overworked, and constantly criticized and brought into the office for disciplinary action. Patient care is no longer the focus and it all about being controlled. The only benefit is that they are some amazing clinical staff who work here (and are constantly dreading their day) and a company car which was instituted by the previous regime. The current leadership has no idea what hospice regulations are and have never laid eyes on a patient... EVER. If you are looking for long term employment I would not recommend this place. Just be careful if you are considering working here, the car is not worth it. Extremely high turnover and many patients without case managers being covered by nighttime triage. Case loads of 16 plus you are demanded to go do admissions even after hours. Of course you can say no, but you will become a target.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Everything else
This is a very stressful place to work. The atmosphere is one of "We can fire you for any reason at any time." Most of the employees walk on eggshells fearing they will lose their job. Because of this there is a high turn over. One of the owners (there are five, you can't turn around without bumping into one of them) actually tells all new hire groups, "We can fire you at any time." Many new hires have actually cried because they felt they made a bad decision coming to the company.
They do not value people. Which hurts their customer service. They believe people are easily replaceable -interchangeable parts. Rotating nurses and other staff does not provide for good continuity of care for their patients.

They provide cars (at a cost to the employee), iPhones and iPads.
Pros
Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
Cons
People have no value, poor benefits package, stressful work environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Hospice and Palliative Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2