Comprehensive Hospice and Palliative Care Employee Reviews

Productive, positive workplace
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  AZJuly 11, 2018
Wonderful team members a and supportive owner.
Excellent company to work for!
Supportive management.
Always worked together as a team.
Employees always helping each other out. Recommendations and feedback were always welcomed my management.
Pros
Support, teamwork
Cons
Non
Recent changes made
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2018
Don’t let these negative reviews, influence your decision to apply here! The spur of negativity, and implicated employee abuse, has since been resolved , with the recent changing of management.
Personally, I have actually never enjoyed a job more, than I do here. And you will never find a more dedicated, compassionate, involved, intelligent team, and Medical Director !
Best Team you’ll find
RN (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 19, 2018
I have been full time with CHPC for almost a year now. I read the reviews here before starting, and all I can say is, don’t believe everything you read on the internet! I’ve worked in hospice for almost 20 years and CHPC is at the top! The doctor/owner is one of the best I’ve had the honor to work with. Compassion, skill, knowledge and a genuine care for people and families facing terminal illness. Families share this perspective with me quite often. The staff is a cohesive team of caring professionals, and not once have I experienced any negative issue with staff or management. It’s very sad that any former disgruntled employee would feel the need to falsely post such inaccurate information.
Pros
Professional family team environment, doctor owned and managed, Company cars brand new with gas and maintenance cards. Great benefits package. Great teamwork.
Cons
none that I’ve observed or experienced
Find employment elsewhere
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2017
Hospice is a very rewarding career, this company is horrendous. . Expect to case manager 16 to 19 patients, consistently having your patients be re-staffed due to field staff leaving, staff being terminated changes in assignments and policy. Very high turnover with this company. They rule by intimidation, demand you see your full caseload and then take their triage after hours, expect to take calls all night and than work again in the morning. If you don't respond to their emails to take their triage, they threatened to automatically assign you.Triage often case managers patients due to fluctuating employee census and lack of case managers.
Pros
super field staff
Cons
management
Worst hospice award
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2017
If you want to work yourself to death, have absolutely no life outside work , be constantly berrated by unethical management , and have constant stress , then this is the company for you. If not, RUN.
Pros
Field staff is very good
Cons
Too many to mention here
Company Car Not Worth Your Soul
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2017
Beware of this company. They are unethical in every way from bogus patient admissions, poor patient care, to horrendous unfair treatment of employees. Nurses are salary here, so you will be worked into the ground and told you don't do enough. Hospice is honorable work, but this is not an honorable company.... Look elsewhere
Pros
Company Car, Triage team
Cons
Poor management, stressful, unethical
Horrible leadership, micromanaging, stressful
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2016
Working for hospice is an amazing career! However, I would highly recommend not working here. This used to be a wonderful company to work for and unfortunately the leader currently in place has managed to make it a miserable place to work. Employees have no value, are mistrusted, overworked, and constantly criticized and brought into the office for disciplinary action. Patient care is no longer the focus and it all about being controlled. The only benefit is that they are some amazing clinical staff who work here (and are constantly dreading their day) and a company car which was instituted by the previous regime. The current leadership has no idea what hospice regulations are and have never laid eyes on a patient... EVER. If you are looking for long term employment I would not recommend this place. Just be careful if you are considering working here, the car is not worth it. Extremely high turnover and many patients without case managers being covered by nighttime triage. Case loads of 16 plus you are demanded to go do admissions even after hours. Of course you can say no, but you will become a target.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Everything else
Sad to leave
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  PhoenixJuly 9, 2014
My husband's job has resulted in our leaving. To be honest this has been a great position, and I will be sorry t
People are of no value
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2014
This is a very stressful place to work. The atmosphere is one of "We can fire you for any reason at any time." Most of the employees walk on eggshells fearing they will lose their job. Because of this there is a high turn over. One of the owners (there are five, you can't turn around without bumping into one of them) actually tells all new hire groups, "We can fire you at any time." Many new hires have actually cried because they felt they made a bad decision coming to the company.
They do not value people. Which hurts their customer service. They believe people are easily replaceable -interchangeable parts. Rotating nurses and other staff does not provide for good continuity of care for their patients.
They provide cars (at a cost to the employee), iPhones and iPads.
Pros
Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
Cons
People have no value, poor benefits package, stressful work environment