Comprehensive Pharmacy Services Employee Reviews

Great Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for CPS and would not have left if I did not move across country. The management was crucial and heavily involved. Communication was never lacking. Overall great experience.
Horrible experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colton, CASeptember 24, 2018
I went into this job thinking it was professional and a great place to work. However I was completely wrong. Management and pharmacist were all unprofessional it was like working with small children. The environment was so stressful for such little pay. You were blamed for things you did not do and no one ever followed through with asking the person who was blamed for the mishap. If they did they would have known it was a lie. They treat new hires like we were herpes and didn’t want to be bothered. I heard pharmacist call people “dumb”,”stupid”, “dyslexic” you name it. Also made poor racist and sexist jokes. I would never work for this company ever again in life
Pros
Cons
Benefits, management, overall everything
Alright
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 16, 2018
I worked for the company as an undergraduate student. The hours gave me the freedom to go to class and work. My supervisor was very dedicated and I learned a lot of work ethics from him.
Low stress team oriented
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAAugust 25, 2018
Low stress environment with convenient work hours making for good home / work Balance. It is a team oriented organization. Salary is competitive but Paid Time Off could be better.
Not a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 13, 2018
It’s a very busy job and you will work hard , but the management will not acknowledge or do reviews. The only time you will hear from them is if some policy is changing or something negative. The benefits are ok, but not very good for a family. There a lot of new graduates, which the people who have been in the field for 15 years and up have to train just to see them leave when they are overwhelmed by the workload. One of the managers is not in a position he should be in and can not supervise or take any kind of positive feedback about things that need to be addressed.
Pros
Cons
Very busy with no reviews to move up in pay
Terrible place, stay away
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJune 25, 2018
What was discussed in the interview process was nowhere near executed during the time I worked there. They sugar coat your job responsibilities and tell you what you want to hear, solely because they need to fill in people in their schedule no matter what (it was an obvious red flag as to why they're so understaffed). I gave up an opportunity I had prior to this company because these people offered what I was looking for. Also, you will not be paid accordingly. Will not match up to your previous pay and will work you like a dog. I cannot describe what a terrible experience this place was, please, stay away from this company. If you're desperate for a job, there are other opportunities that will not only pay you on time, but will treat you far better than this company will ever treat their
Cons
Everything I listed above.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 19, 2018
This was my first pharmacy technician job and I loved the responsibilities that were put on me. I really loved the IV room, making Chemo's. I worked with some very smart pharmacists. Very stressful place to work, never made to feel appreciated but I learned everything I know at this job and I owe it all to my Lead Technician. Very smart woman.
Calm work enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXMay 15, 2018
I've come to enjoy this position with this company. The location I'm contracted with provides a calm and secure work environment. I feel like this is a company that I would like to stay with and move up the ladder. Sadly this is only a part time position for me currently, thus my looking for another job.
A Pleasure to work for
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 31, 2018
CPS is a comfortable company to work for, as they have clear expectations but do not micro manage their employees. As a part time/prn employee, I feel I have a great chance of moving upward to a full time position if one becomes available. Working for a contraactor is different from working directly for a chain or primary employer, and in a lot of ways I find I like it very much.
Pros
Peace of mind
Fast pace
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2018
Good place to work at, a lot of standing and walking and at time heavy lifting and pushing. Co workers are Good and ok to get along with. Can get stressful at times.
Pros
You get all your breaks and lunch
Cons
Cant think of any at the time
Hostile environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MaineDecember 9, 2017
Very hostile environment to work. Little encouragement form management to go "above and beyond". Company puts persons in management positions with little to no experience.
Pros
Cons
Hostile environment
Team support and great people to work with
InPatient Clinical Pharmacist/Informatic Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2017
Management is great and offers suggestion for annual goals to achieve. Encouragement for being a great team player and excellence is highly encouraged. Management is always available and practices to attain a high level of excellent patient care and safety.
Pros
Great supervisor! Open communication within the department, regular departmental meetings
Cons
A lot of data collection and very little time for clinical practice.
Corporate Director/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2017
Professionals working with and along side other professionals. Always helpful if you had to call the Corporate headquarters. Their vision was spot on, and the customers loved to work with CPS.
A company that cares
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2017
This is a great place to work. The management treats you like a part of the family. They provide education and work with you to accomplish any tasks. The benefits are reasonable but could be better.
Pros
culture is great
Cons
Salary is a bit on the low side.
Comprehensive Pharmacy Services
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70601September 11, 2017
Comprehensive Pharmacy Services was an average employer and ok to work for. Employees got along well and the work was typical for a clinical staff pharmacist.
Basic Accounting Management
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2017
Great team of qualified staff who work together as a team. Management listens, and staff feel like they contribute to the company as a whole. Excellent.
Excellent Company to work for
Corporate Director of Pharmacy - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 6, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Working as a corporate director present many challenges in many different settings. It is never boring. The company provides a strong education component and excellent support.
Cons
Travel requirements of 100%
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 22, 2017
My typical day at CPS was working with the pharmacists that I managed to ensure that they were successful. During my time at CPS I learned that there are a lot of ways to run a hospital pharmacy, and that CPS had it down to a science. The job was well balanced between work and life and the culture was like a family. The best and worst part of the job was the travel.
Pros
All travel benefits were yours personally
Cons
Sometimes the travel covered the weekends
Great Company
Director of Pharmacy - Walnut Hill Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
CPS is a great company. They manage many pharmacies across the United States and Puerto Rico. The biggest advantage for working for them is the support you get to do the best possible job you can.
Pros
support
Cons
hired for one specific location
CPS is an excellent company to work for.
PRN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2017
CPS is a wonderful company to work for. Excellent management, Great follow up on any issues you may have. Work place culture is very helpful with very little or no stress, CPS provides the extra educational material you need to stay current and informed as a pharmacy technician. Coworkers are always help full and willing to pitch in an help everyone. The most stressful part of my day is making sure all hospital areas have everything they may need before the pharmacy closes for the day or over the weekend.
Pros
Ethical Company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Pharmacy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight