Comprehensive Pharmacy Services Employee Reviews

A Pleasure to work for
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 31, 2018
CPS is a comfortable company to work for, as they have clear expectations but do not micro manage their employees. As a part time/prn employee, I feel I have a great chance of moving upward to a full time position if one becomes available. Working for a contraactor is different from working directly for a chain or primary employer, and in a lot of ways I find I like it very much.
Pros
Peace of mind
Hostile environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MaineDecember 9, 2017
Very hostile environment to work. Little encouragement form management to go "above and beyond". Company puts persons in management positions with little to no experience.
Pros
Cons
Hostile environment
Corporate Director/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2017
Professionals working with and along side other professionals. Always helpful if you had to call the Corporate headquarters. Their vision was spot on, and the customers loved to work with CPS.
A company that cares
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2017
This is a great place to work. The management treats you like a part of the family. They provide education and work with you to accomplish any tasks. The benefits are reasonable but could be better.
Pros
culture is great
Cons
Salary is a bit on the low side.
Basic Accounting Management
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2017
Great team of qualified staff who work together as a team. Management listens, and staff feel like they contribute to the company as a whole. Excellent.
Excellent Company to work for
Corporate Director of Pharmacy - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 6, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Working as a corporate director present many challenges in many different settings. It is never boring. The company provides a strong education component and excellent support.
Cons
Travel requirements of 100%
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 22, 2017
My typical day at CPS was working with the pharmacists that I managed to ensure that they were successful. During my time at CPS I learned that there are a lot of ways to run a hospital pharmacy, and that CPS had it down to a science. The job was well balanced between work and life and the culture was like a family. The best and worst part of the job was the travel.
Pros
All travel benefits were yours personally
Cons
Sometimes the travel covered the weekends
Great Company
Director of Pharmacy - Walnut Hill Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
CPS is a great company. They manage many pharmacies across the United States and Puerto Rico. The biggest advantage for working for them is the support you get to do the best possible job you can.
Pros
support
Cons
hired for one specific location
CPS is an excellent company to work for.
PRN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2017
CPS is a wonderful company to work for. Excellent management, Great follow up on any issues you may have. Work place culture is very helpful with very little or no stress, CPS provides the extra educational material you need to stay current and informed as a pharmacy technician. Coworkers are always help full and willing to pitch in an help everyone. The most stressful part of my day is making sure all hospital areas have everything they may need before the pharmacy closes for the day or over the weekend.
Pros
Ethical Company
Juvenile and CLIQUEY Manager
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 23, 2017
Absolutely loved CPS, but (1) of (2) managers, and a couple of technicians (one in charge of scheduling) were 'buddies'. Made training difficult and schedule unbearably biased.
Interestingly, of the technicans there, exception being robot automation techs, NONE were even CPhT (with certification)
Pros
Pay and benefits were decent for this area
Cons
Unprofessional staff and manager
relaxed pharmacy setting
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
busy in the mornings from 7am to 11am. steady work throughout the day. completely dies down at 4pm -7pm then its closing time. the hardest part of the day is the mornings when trying to organize discharges at the same time when doing morning "med pass".
Deceptive/Poor Leadership All About Money NOT People!
(CPhT) Remote Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 10, 2017
During the interview I felt like this was a great job to pursue. Upon hitting the floor and workflow I can tell you this business is years upon years behind the game of where it needs to be for today's competitive healthcare market. Poor training or Computer Support and Services. No consistency in business practices. No presence of leadership or resolve when it comes to subjects that pertain to workflow. Office space is acceptable, but organization of the office is up for grabs. People work alone on their own pace or ethic, not as a real team. Management smiles and nods when they are to be found, but offer no help. Pharmacists will tell you they would rather have more pharmacists than technicians while implying that anyone less is useless. Computer software or the lack of is horrible. IT support is terrible and non-existent. I was presented a particular shift when hired for a particular time slot that was agreed upon. Another person at a different time slot quit, my schedule was changed without real request, more like you don't have a choice in the matter. That new schedule did not work for me well and I requested to change back or cut my own hours and pay. Company responded that need I be reminded of what I agreed upon when hired, yet they changed that halfway through. Company was violating Federal HIPPA laws on a grand scale as I reminded them I did not agree to that when presented the job. I filed a formal complaint with the federal government as a result of them saying they accepted my resignation on the spot after they could not work with me on an acceptable schedule as  more... I was giving my 30 day notice. Basically, when they didn't get their way and have their cake to eat it too I was FIRED? Nope, I technically resigned a whole month ahead of schedule because they didn't like what I said about them violating Federal Laws and if their lawyers were going to protect me should violations or worse situations occur or be discovered. I have been seeking solid employment since. I suspect they are giving me a bad work review.  less
Pros
Nice Building
Cons
Horrible Management and Parent Company. All Politics!
its ok somedays more than others
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJune 5, 2017
The company is not run very well. No one seems to care too much there seems to be more concern on peoples brakes instead of real serious issues. You are incouraged to give suggestions but not one is really listening
great place
Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJune 2, 2017
I would never have left if it wasn't for my parents being termanilly ill in another state. great management good benefits and there was a great working atmosphere.
Fun but busy
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSApril 28, 2017
Great compony to work for. The pay is more than fail. The most important thing about this compony is
Trainingthey train their employee very well the compony also match you 491k decenty
Pros
Good pay, Traininng
Cons
Ours per week
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INApril 24, 2017
The manager has no management skills. She is rude, always angry and has no patience with new employees. There is not enough help and many days it was difficult to take a bathroom break, No structure, no detailed job outline, You flew by the seat of your pants everyday.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Worst place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 28, 2017
Such a stressful place to work at. It was ok in the beginning but it became the worst very fast plus the pay sucks. Especially dealing with certain co workers
Benefits
Cons
Co worker, manager
horrible.
IV Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Managment caused many probplems. job never secure. walking on egg shells everyday.. work load was overly excessive. confrentation was never resolved..
Productive and great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
When University General Hospital filed Bankruptcy Foundation Surgical Hospital stepped up and paid us our 2 weeks pay even though they did not have to. The year I worked there was amazing.
Room for improvement
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2016
The biggest complaint is that the HR staff is incredibly RUDE. They talk to you with such disrespect almost to the point of contempt. They always sound bothered that you dared to communicate with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Pharmacy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

1.8Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight