Work wellbeing score is 85 out of 100

Working at Comprehensive Rehab Consultants: 26 Reviews

United States26 reviews

Love it!

What is the best part of working at the company?Teamwork environment and support What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Long hours at times, software issuesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Encouraging, friendly, welcoming What is a typical day like for you at the company?Outreach calls to patients recently discharged from SNF. Coordinating care needs

Really happy I made the move to this practice.

Really enjoying my position with CRC. Leadership values clinician input and they place a strong emphasis on work/life balance. I took this position as a lifestyle change. Coming from a specialty that required frequent trauma call and work on weekends. So far I am very pleased and am enjoying a much better work/life balance.

Pros

low stress

National company caters to nurse practitioners and physician assistants

This company caters to the above. If you love to work independently and not be micromanaged you will love this job. You must be confident in your skills and knowledgeable in nursing and medical competencies. Some facilities you go into may not have any other support but the company offers text message to our large group of clinicians, near 200 on hand to answer any questions. The owners sends flowers to everyone on your birthday, FIG scrubs and lab jacket provided at hire. They really take care of you and care even though you work independently. They try to do group dinners with clinicians from local facilities as they continue to grow and add more clinicians. Can’t say enough good things.

Pros

Not micromanaged; great team support for clinical issues and technical issues

Cons

Comprehensive rehab consultants has been my favorite job as a nurse practitioner. The company truly cares about their providers and it is a great job for hard working autonomous providers. I am truly grateful to be part of the CRC team.

Fantastic company that supports and advocates for their employees

CRC is an incredible company that has offered me a wonderful work-life balance. Additionally, in health care I have rarely found a company that feels genuinely supportive of their clinicians and CRC does a wonderful job of continually assessing and changing their approach to support you as a clinician.

Pros

Clinical support, monthly CEUs, increasing pay scale, opportunities for advancement

Comprehensive Rehab Consultants insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Not worth it, does seem legit.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working in the privacy of my home, with no distractionsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Getting paid billable minutes, sometimes a work day can be 16 hours . The position is a salary position so whether you work 8 hours or 16 hours the pay is the same.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's very stressful trying to accumulate 420 minutes per dayWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Calling and reviewing patient charts

This is an excellent company to work for! Incredible support system, wonderful supportive culture and strong focus on retention of employess.

This a fantastic company. Facilities can vary, of course but the company will support and encourage you in every way possible. You are not just a number! And you are never on call with physical medicine and PM&R.

Pros

Great management, support systems and fair compensation. No call!

Cons

SNFs can be challenging at times.

I love my job with CRC

This job is the perfect work life balance with great compensation. I get to do rewarding work that directly benefit my patient's quality of life and do not have to sacrifice my nights, weekends or holidays. I have never been happier with my career choice. CRC is a great company to work for with amazing leadership.

Excellent position for work life balance

Excellent forward thinking company with unparalleled work/life balance and excellent advancement opportunities. Very flexible scheduling. Great peer support.

Work life balance like no other and endless support

I absolutely love my job. The work life balance is amazing since I am able to pick my own hours. The company itself is sooo supportive and you can tell they really want you to succeed. I was coming in as a newer grad with some prior experience in a different specialty so I was nervous about the learning curve. CRC gave me so much support and many learning opportunities to make sure I was prepared for starting into a new specialty. I felt so comfortable in my new role as a provider day one since I knew I had multiple resources I could reach out to incase I needed help.

Pros

work life balance, great culture, great training and onboarding

Cons

na

Psych and PMR training, constant continuing education, and lots of leadership support

CRC offers exceptional support to staff often tailoring support needs to each individual clinician. Not only do they ask about how they can improve their services to the public, but also to those that work for them. CRC is constantly learning and growing. The psych program has continued to evolve based off practitioner's ideas and contributions. So much education and advocacy in this company.

Favorite NP Job

If you are an advanced practice provider looking for a balanced work day that truly makes a difference I would look no further. CRC values clinicians by offering tons of continuing education and support to make you a clinical leader at the facilities that you round at. You get incentives to perform above and beyond job duties. The company supports you as a clinician and they truly want you to succeed. All aspects of the company have been thought out to help you succeed (EMR, laptop with wireless mouse, scripts, tons of educational resources and even a lab coat/figs to look sharp). You have a network of providers to learn from and ask questions to. Even though every one is spread across the country they offer regional dinners and happy hours to network and connect with others clinicians.

Pros

Tons of support, opportunity to advance, feeling valued at work, not micro-managed, freedom to make your own schedule

Cons

Be willing to be a self-starter and you won't experience much of a downside to the job

Work-Life Balance

Cannot say enough good things about this company! Continuing to work here, and enjoying every minute! Fantastic work-life balance. Management is very personable and is always available and easily reachable.

Pros

Work life balance, competitive pay, paid PTO

Cons

N/a

Great Place to Work

I really enjoy working for CRC. The level of autonomy given to providers is great. However the leadership team is always accessible and quick to respond if questions or issues arise. There is a great work life balance that I have not experienced in previous jobs. The company provides lots of CE and learning opportunities whether you are an experienced PM&R provider or this is a new role for you. The leadership genuinely is concerned with your progress and making sure you are supported and your work experience is enjoyable.

Pros

Work life balance, Great leadership and culture

The grass is greener!

Working with CRC has been a great experience. In this role you can improve patient outcomes and maintain a great work/life balance. This company is constantly working on ways to improve workflow for employees as well as ways we can further help our patients and facilities. They have a great support system to make sure each employee has what they need to be successful. There is always opportunities to get continued education through the company to become an expert in the specialty. This role sees geriatric patients in facilities and gets you away from the 15 min rushed clinic appointments. You get to have time to spend with and educate your patients without feeling rushed or overwhelmed. This is a role that does not make you feel burnt out like many clinic/hospital roles can do so quickly. I was worried I wouldn't find my perfect job or employer as an NP and I can say that this role changed that and I found out the grass can be greener!

Pros

work life balance, bonus opportunities, continued education

Cons

may have to commute to your facility

Flexibility and Home/Work Life Balance

I love working for CRC. They are compassionate about helping others. CRC places a lot of effort and time in making sure their employees are successful in their role. The best part about the job is being able to help patients improve their overall functional status and well being while working closely with nursing and therapy staff. The role offers a lot of flexibility and a good home work life balance.

Quick interview process with a very helpful team.

The interview process at CRC was organized and well planned. Each team member responded quickly to questions and was very helpful. They presented the company in an inspiring and impressive way. They also helped advocate for both the company and my interests.

Pros

Flexible schedule, generous salary, Pto, virtual scribe

Great place to work that allows an employees the opportunity for personal and work related growth!

CRC is cognizant of the necessity for work-life balance and they work tirelessly to help you achieve success there! Typically I see patients in the morning and early afternoon and spend the rest of the day getting my paperwork completed, seeing urgent cases, and completing follow-up that is needed. Embedded in CRC culture is an administration that is incredibly focused on understanding you as a person and they have a vested interest in your success right from the beginning. Plenty of opportunities to grow and better yourself as a clinician, mentor, or leader. I enjoy traveling with my current position. I also enjoy the one on one time I have to spend with my patients and the support that is available to me whenever I have clinical questions! The most challenging part of this job for me was the switch from primary caregiver to consultant roll. There is a responsibility on the part of a consultant to navigate and foster great communication with the existing team at the facilities. Having great relationships is key to great communication which is a necessity for consulting to be successful. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you have the time to spend navigating health issues with your patients and you have time to explore options with them and help them make the best decisions for themselves. This job clearly puts you in the patient advocate position. It's such a great place to work!

Pros

Autonomous position; no punching a clock.

Cons

I really had to think about this one, You really have to be a self starter in this position, If you are a procrastinator your success will be limited

A great company who cares about their employee. They care about your learning, by offering education on a weekly and monthly basis.

My workday consists of checking in with the therapy dept., and getting my report each morning of who is getting therapy that day. I talk to some of my patients in the gym, and I see the rest in their rooms. I will either finish my dictation at the rehab center or I will finish at home. I love the fact that you are pretty much your own boss at the facility. The patients at the rehab ctr have been a joy to see. I have learned a lot about how a SNF works, and what it takes to make money at the facility. The doctors and nurses at the facility have respected me, and worked with me well. The hardest part of the job is knowing that one of your patients that you saw at the facility passed away or in hospice now. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all my patients, and the flexibility of it.

Pros

Flexibility within the day, if you have an appt, etc.

Cons

For me, it was the driving distance. But, if not this, then I would also say knowing my patients I have taken care of have passed away.

Initially a good place to work but places too much emphasis on making sure administration likes you at the facility versus caring for patients

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexibility. That’s about it. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having to kiss up to administration at facilities in order to keep your job. If you don’t fit in they will get rid of you What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not sure. They seemed fine initially. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Making rounds. Meetings. Dictation

accountable, compassionate, easily accessible, open to new ideas.

Since starting to work with CRC, I never want to work for another company. Any question or concern you have, they are more than accommodating with and will always provide you with resources to answer your question. We have monthly meetings for continued education which also count for CME credits. Overall, I have nothing negative to say about CRC and would highly recommend to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Rehab Consultants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Comprehensive Rehab Consultants with

• Healthcare
  • Comprehensive Rehab Consultants
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?