Comprehensive Sleep Medicine Associates

Comprehensive Sleep Medicine Associates Employee Reviews

Small company a bit unorganized, but good reps
Management could use some help, benefits aren't bad. Training could be a little longer so you're not just thrown to the wolves. Good job for starters.
Great clinic for opportunities!
I’ve worked for this company for years and find that if you want to make a difference in healthcare you’ll love this company. There’s so many opportunities here because this company is growing!
CSMA provides excellent patient care and I can vouch for the dozens of staff who are employed here (many for over a decade) that enjoy hard-work, know how to develop and follow rules and enjoy helping create a culture of change; then this might be your best job ever.

If you’re the kind of person that likes to fix things you will fit right in! If you are on an ego trip and want to sit on your phone (not allowed here), complain all day but not try to be a change-agent and gossip (there’s a no gossip policy), perhaps not your best choice of employment.

People in this company hustle and put in an honest, hard-day’s work. Sometimes leaders might be brash but they know how to say they’re sorry, it’s work after all. There are 360 reviews of leaders and systems so staff complaints are respectfully reviewed

Patient’s come from around the world, some of whom are very ill, with complicated conditions and without the best insurance which requires plenty of mental aptitude by the CSMA team. A smaller healthcare clinic requires a dedicated, hardworking team.

For a smallish clinic the benefits are on-par with the large hospitals; there’s even a matching IRA. This company cares and while it lacks the glamour of a large institution it doesn’t have the brutal political culture often present there. As a private practice CSMA provides wonderful opportunities to those who want to enter a company
 - more...
Pros
Excellent benefits, generous PTO, great company parties, major holidays off, room for advancement, promote from within, excellent patient care, great spot for entrepreneur minded professionals, family culture
Cons
Must enjoy working hard, no formal break times, can’t gossip at work
Definitely the worst employer I’ve worked for
•CSMA - As a whole company it has a lot of potential to be great but their ego and lack of taking self responsibility for their mistakes is completely mind boggling, no employee appreciation or motivation, from October up to date they have lost a minimum of 18 employees that’s not even a full year and it’s a 80% employee turnover rate, it’s seems like there is a job posting for the same positions almost every other month if not every month, until they make changes in their management they will continue to have the revolving door situation that they have now. I’m not even upset I’m just very disappointed because I loved the staff I worked with, my coworkers were very kind and gave a fun atmosphere to not only amongst us but the patients as well! We threw little “surprise parties” for each other’s birthdays and also lots of pot lucks and made each holiday festive! But the issues were never the workers it’s been management’s lack of communication and ability to run a full operating clinic without complete knowledge of how to do so. I hope they can put their prides down and take ownership and actually implement and reevaluate.
•CEO - is blind to things going on in his practice because he gets put “out of the loop” a lot by his COO and manager

•COO - I can honestly say the definition of micromanaging and definitely a “dictator “ type of process either it’s her way or no way but is never involved with staff you don’t even see her unless someone from management is quitting but continuously can email you about irrelevant things, definitely a “manager” but not a leader

•Office manager
 - more...
Great company to work for!
Great pay, Great people and Doctors. Fun atmosphere. Fast paced. Christmas parties are the best! They go above and beyond for their employees and families.
Fake news/fake people
when you are interviewed for a job of course you are going to try and sell yourself to be the best person out there.. the same goes for the employer you are interviewing with. An employer will try and make the job seem like a dream and that there are so many good things that can come out of it IF you work hard and do certain things.. Not the same case with CSMA. They tend to feed new hires "FAKE NEWS" as president trump would say. They make it seem like its a good place to work with no gossip, PTO, benefits, IRA, etc.... BUT what they fail to mention is that EVERYONE gossips there, PTO: yeah its nice to have but you have to use it ALL the Time (not allowed to take time office without pay so if you plan on saving it for a later time you cant), benefits are HORRIBLE: you are paying over $600 a month just to have a very high deductible...The worse part is how the Dr is soo blinded by what the office mangers/supervisors are doing that he cant recognize the good/hard work that the employees there are doing!
Beware! Do NOT work for this company!!
Office manager is a joke. COO is an even BIGGER joke. Management shows favoritism towards office manager and new appointment scheduler bcos they are the COO's pets. Office manager is clueless as to how insurance verification works and can't even read a verification form. The COO is the type of boss that has a slave owners mentality and will treat you as one. COO loves to gossip (EVEN THOUGH SHE CREATED A "NO GOSSIP POLICY") and she is the reason so much gossip and cattiness goes on in the Sugarland location as well as her pet, the office manager. CEO only cares about milking the patients insurance for whatever he can get. By far the WORST company I've ever worked for. I would never recommend anyone work here. You will be micromanaged, stressed and irritated by all the cattiness and stupidness that goes on in the Sugarland location. Don't let the review posted on 07/15/2019 fool you, that is the COO trying to cover up the truth about this company. Not all former employees are disgruntled. Read all the reviews that this company has, they are all the same so that itself tells you that this company is trash.
Pros
not a dang thing
Cons
this company sucks the life out of you
Great location
New management was very rude. She came in and dismissed all his old staff. She was very disrespectful and didn’t want to know how we did anything. She wanted all new staff
Office Manager a JOKE
they hire within the company and gave someone who has no experience with insurance/billing or anything else as the office manager! She is on a high power trip! She wants to be in control of everything and know everyones business..BUT the moment someone else ask for help when she is no where to be found, she gets very upset- that is not an office manager/team player.
Scammers
They make you sign a Non-compete when you start and then they fore you for no known reason at all. If you barely had a chance to show what you can do. I know the reason the fired me and that "at will" work thing is a bunch of nonsense! Dont be dependent on them at all.
Needed more pay
Some of the people were great. Management needed a little work but overall it was ok working here. The pay was horrible. Im a Certified Medical Assistant and was only making $13 an hour.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay wasn't good
Horrible Work Environment, Lack of Growth
The "good" this company does for its employees is often neutralized and greatly negated by those in management. They do not want to hear or listen to what's going in their company preferring to keep their heads in the sand. However, they are surprised when things don't go their way. Management is often completely clueless and confused as to the day to day dealings of what it takes for this company to move. Preferring to sit pretty and send emails instead of being part of the work.

You are expected to give 110% and the company is shocked when you expect fair treatment in return. Stress and tension is part of everyday work life. Management dances between the lines of the technicalities in labor laws and any other laws they can get away with.

Organization and structure are non-existent. Support staff are the ones expected to established structure and are reprimanded or stressed out if it's not done correctly. Teamwork is a term by definition that's alien to them.

They paint a wonderful picture in the beginning when you start or interview. Once you've been there a month you realize the dysfunction and the rampant unfairness. Don't expect HR to help you either. Don't expect to move up in this company or advance in any way. If you are comfortable with going nowhere in your career this is the place for you.

My respect (ish) for the MD's (mostly) because they are helping a lot of people. Unfortunately, everything else in the company is a mess.

Good luck pulling the knives out of your back and surviving this company!
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Favoritism, Lack of communication, no willingness to listen to staff, high school cattyness
Poor management/ two faced people
Poor management. No respect for others. Everyone knows about everyone’s business. Supervisors are the most disrespectful people and two faced!!!!!!!!!
Cut Throat Environment
Run, Too Many Chiefs, CEO/CFO/Staff Has No Clear Knowledge Of Healthcare Billing & Processes, As Long The Insurance Claim Is Paid There's No Worry, Not Willing To Make Changes, No Real Professional Culture, No Clear Structure, Blame Game & Two Faced, Favoritism
No advancement for me.
Stressful with no encouragement from upper management. I enjoyed working with the employees, but no advancement was there for me. Management had no structure, no advice was accepted. I tried to give input on things that I know was not right, and before I left the position those things caused them a loss. Overall, I enjoyed working with the employees, but there just was not any advancement there for me.
Review
Met some great people that became really good friends of mine. I feel the managment could be a little better. no other comments, no other comments
Pros
na
Cons
na
CSMA was a fantastic experience for me I was able to learn so much about sleep and some nuerology
CSMA was a great place for me to get experience and I learned a lot while working there. I was able to pick up so much during my time at CSMA. I was given the opportunity to learn and participate with sleep studies, I was running the front office and work closely with sleep technicians and physician.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Sleep Medicine Associates. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3