ComPsych Employee Reviews

Terrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILApril 18, 2019
Terrible. Don't work here unless you are in need. For example, if you owe money to the mob, they put you on payment plan and this is the fastest job for you to get. Seriously. Don't do it.
Pros
Coworkers, location
Cons
Everything else
Ok place to work
FMLA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2019
Imagine having to take a call from someone who is ill, or their family member is ill. Or having to advise said ill worker their leave wasn't approved because we have not received their doctor's certification yet. Now imagine doing this all day. That's basically this job in a nutshell. Pay is pretty low and you have to work at least one year before getting a raise or applying for promotion. The benefits medical and dental vision are expensive, either the PPO or copay for HMO. Either way you will be financially strained. You get major holidays off, but minor ones like MLK and Presidents day you have to work and since you're salaried, no additional holiday pay.
Pros
Free bagels Mondays, good business hours
Cons
Low pay, expensive benefits, have to work most holidays
Work environment need Improvement
FMLA RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2019
I have worked in call center environments for many years this is the first place I ever worked were every fun activity had to be centered around FMLA thing.
Do not pursue credentialing
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2019
Review from a private practice LPC:
The staff is horrid to work with. They are rude, dismissive and borderline unethical (I should note that I’m guessing they are treated horribly and then in turn treat contractors horribly). The company itself will strong arm contractors into lower pay rates and will constantly try to determine level of care for your clients despite not have the education or credentials to do so. If you are private practice — find other contracts. I can 100% promise you that they do not even come close to paying you well enough to deal with their staff and all the issues you will have. Things have gotten so bad that I have withdrawn all of my contracts with them because of their unethical behavior towards myself, my staff and my clients.
Pros
One time I interacted with an employee there that was actually nice.
Cons
Underpaid/altered claims, unethical treatment of your clients, low pay, rude staff
Do not work here
FMLA Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2019
They take advantage of the fact they can pay you less and growth opportunities are not that great here. They have no company culture and have one of the largest turnover rates i have seen. If you want to feel like a robot then maybe you would like this company. The CEO is very arrogant. You can make more money somewhere else.
Need more money can’t live alone
FMLA claims PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 25, 2019
The culture here is great but this isn’t a career! It’s a steppingstone to obtain knowledge about the industry and move on. Everyone in the office is nice and manager is great, but this does not pay the bills. Phone calls are all day so can get burned out by the end of the week. No scheduled breaks only a 30 minute lunch. They allege you work 35 hours but technically it’s 40 hours. But overall nice company minus the pay and benefits which are not so great.
Pros
Calm environment
Cons
No breaks
lonely
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2019
no managers who really cared about relationship with employees.
No sense of belonging. I felt that there were no space for growth with the company at all.
It kind of pays the bills
Guidance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2018
Its fast pace yet not very intellectually stimulating as a clinician do to that lack of ability to follow through the therapeutic process with clients. The expectation is to speak with about 30 clients a day which exposes you to a much larger population than private practice but will burn you out.
Pros
teaches you to think quickly and apply your clinical skills efficiently
Cons
work load and low pay
You have to have patience!!!
FMLA Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
Open door culture
Management & coworkers are friendly & helpful
Trainers are excellent
The callers easily get frustrated because they don’t understand the laws but once you repeat yourself a few times they are little more knowledgeable
Company is Okay, but not a forever type career
FMLA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2018
This company is good if you are just looking for a day to day income and work/life balance. However most employee's are underpaid. Those employees working in operations and customer service are not given the same benefits as the employee's in client facing roles. They are also not as respected. The CEO seems to view these rols as very replaceable.

The CEO tends to be a stickler with money which doesn't leave much if any funding for employee activities in the office. This does tend to bring the morale down in the office a bit.
i was responsible for claim processing
Director, Claims and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2018
I was responsible for claim processing and customer service was instrumental for development of new claim processing system left for career advancement
Culture Needs Improvement
FMLA RESOURCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Its a struggle to get any fun activities approved. Everything has to go through HR. Even something as simple as a team building activity (having a team potluck & or contest)
Friendly people, low pay
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2018
My coworkers were very friendly, but I had a long commute and yearly salary was only 31,000 for 40+ hour weeks on average. It is a more doable job if you are close to the company.
Pros
Friendly people, good benefits
Cons
low pay for hours worked
Management very supportive and open to ideas
FMLA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLJuly 14, 2018
The ability to multi task and retain information is a must.Every day you will be talking with employees and problem solving. The Ft. Lauderdale office is a close team. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
limited work from home options, opportunity for advancement non existent unless moving to Chicago.
Work- Life Balance was important
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
I wish I could have stayed at ComPsych. I left because I would spend at least $300 a month to get to work, with a 3 hour a day commute. It was not financially ideal but the company itself was absolutely wonderful. It was a great first "out of college" job.
Pros
Break Room, Snack Room, Benefits, Bonuses, Happy Work Environment, HR truly cared about you.
Cons
Compensation for commuters was not ideal.
ComPsych Review
FMLA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
It is an ok establishment to work for. In my position there was not room for work life balance. That is one of the major things I would change. The management could also be better.
Corporate and "counseling" don't mix
Guidance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2018
Working at the machine that is ComPsych was anxiety provoking and draining for me. For someone who obtained their masters degree in a person-centered field, this cubicle corporate setting did not work for me.
Good work-life balance, great learning experiences
Guidance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2018
ComPsych is a very supportive environment. They ensure that you have the necessary training before you begin taking calls on your own and management welcomes questions/concerns. This is completely over the phone so you quickly learn how to gather the most important information quickly.
bad
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2018
bad place to work, drop it. Stressful micromanagement. High turnover of good people. Boss plays favorites. 401k is taken away of you don't stay for 6 years or more.
Cattle Pens Staring at Computers
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2018
Lots of desks. Lots of screen time. Goal driven. Mistakes come from months back. Can be emotionally taxing. Customers can be difficult. Management is friendly, but upward mobility is difficult to manage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ComPsych. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight