CompuCom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,267 reviews matching the search See all 1,546 reviews
It is what you make of it
Project Lead/ DESKTOP CONFIGURATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJAugust 14, 2018
In general, working at compucom has been nothing but good. For me. I have worked diligently to prove myself and have led multiple projects to distinguish myself. If you just want a job that you will be promoted for being there this isnt the place to go.
Shrimp boil every year
Service Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
CEO had a shrimp boil every year for the entire company which brought a lot of unity between the different depts. CEO would hold town hall meetings and share positive information to motivate the entire audience.
Pros
shrimp boil
Terrible Company
Corporate Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Indian Land, SCAugust 13, 2018
Tech company with brand new "digital building" where the internet and your cell-phones don't work. The issues with this company stem from how certain folks at the top view their employees. Less treatment like "human capital" and more empathy and emotional intelligence are needed.
i do not recomened this job to anyone
Toner Technican (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
i do not recomened this job to anyone, we get no bonus for doing a good job as the manager says. the work environment is cut-throat. customers are rude and disrespectful.
Flexible Hours
Field Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 10, 2018
If you do field service, try to specialize in a long-term customer. If you do general field service, you'll do fine and meet your numbers, but may be the first to go in a layoff. I love being able to essentially set my own hours. As long as my manager gets no complaints from my clients, he leaves me alone.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement
Bad Management
Systems Help Desk Agent L1 (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
The company does not know how to manage anything. All the managers never listen to their employees and they pick and choose who the rules apply to and they never communicate about any changes.
Awful place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 8, 2018
Management is not effective, most are remote and don't know what their subordinates are doing. There are no salary increases. Do not go to work here.
Good place and people.
Desktop Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
All the people and the location where I work with CompuCom employees was truly a good experience. I was able to learn new techniques which I can use to improve my methods of working and increase my pay worth.
Pros
Cons
I really don't have a con.
A good entry level job for IT people
Service Agent I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2018
It's a typical call center set-up where you take calls and solve client issues remotely. Client issues can range from network connectivity issues to password resets. You work in teams for specific contracts and follow a knowledge base to solve issues efficiently. Overall, a nice start to any IT career.
Productive workplace
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 2, 2018
Productive workplace with employees from a wide variety of backgrounds. There is alot of opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge in your field of work.
Decent place, but no opportunity for advancement
Field Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2018
Decent place, but no opportunity for advancement. Highly stressful fast paces environment. Raises were seldom given. A good start up job, but again, not much opportunity for advancing your career
Great place to start an IT career.
Configuration Technician (Current Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJJuly 31, 2018
Your told from day 1, your working in a production environment. This means the majority of your time you are expected to be working on something toward your assigned projects. You'll have step by step instructions provided for your work. Great for people with little IT experience. The job can be stressful at times, many of the projects you can work on have a same day deadline. The management is exceptionally helpful compared to my past experience, as long as you are willing to work, learn and retain the knowledge and skills you develop. Sadly the pay met my expectations for this level of IT work and you have little to no opportunity to move into more advanced IT positions. People do move up but it is rare. For some "mandatory overtime" is off putting but I always looked forward to it.

I would strongly recommend this company to anyone looking to start an IT career, get that foot in the door, but go in understanding this is not that IT dream job you want to have.
Pros
Small vendor style cafe, Overtime opportunities, Supportive management staff, occasional company events
Cons
Mandatory Overtime on short notice, Lack of career advancement opportunities, Pace can be overwhelming
Great place to start your career, but advancement opportunities can be limited
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJJuly 31, 2018
Generally a good place to work with many opportunities to learn new skills - however, plan on learning those skills without much in the way of formal training. Those determined to succeed in their respective assignments are best suited to this type of work environment, with more passive associates eventually being replaced for newer, more motivated talent. If you're able to communicate effectively and persistently, you'll find success - at the very least, you'll learn first hand how important those skills are and how they'll become your key to success, with CompuCom or otherwise.
Pros
Flexible scheduling with liberal teleworking policies
Cons
Communication between groups is an overbearing pain point, especially between departments
n/a
Tier II Executive Support (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 31, 2018
The company is great to work for, but lacks growth opportunities in retail IT. It is difficult to ascertain a long career as a contractor for the company at one of it's sites due to many contractual reasons.
Challenging but satisfactory
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2018
Good company to work for but raises are far few and between and bonuses are nonexistent. Mainly works contracts with large corporations. Very common to work on your own at assigned sites.
terrible work life balance
IT (Former Employee) –  Ft. Mill, SCJuly 27, 2018
everyone is over worked. no proper focus or time management.
bosses are all for themselves. no loyalty to the employees.

too many meetings, very little time to do work.
Slow advancement
Site Leader (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 24, 2018
Worked for CompuCom for 1 year, was hired on from contractor which was a probationary period before hiring. Collaboration among the technicians through the various sites was a good resource, but advancement in pay is not. If you are considering, do not under bod yourself.
Good job to get the foot in the door
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2018
-Typical day you field anywhere from 25-50 calls regarding a wide variety of systems (Citrix, MDM (Airwatch), general printer issues, PC issues, Office issues, etc.

-Learned a good deal about popular software systems. Different contracts will learn different things.

-Culture is laid back, and there is a good work, life balance.

-Most people get promoted from within.
Pros
Cons
No employee feedback system, slow to respond to work related issues, Pay
Worst organization I have ever worked for in over 20 years
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2018
5 CEOs in 6 years, poorly run P&L, no leadership support or communication, horrible human resources team. Had to run things without leadership knowledge to get anything accomplished.
Pros
Cons
HR Team is terrible, poor communication, very poor leadership, on the verge of bankruptcy before Office Depot purchase, worst organization that I have ever worked for
Technically sound and collaborative
Field Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2018
Local and regional techs were very supportive and knowledgeable. Management was pushy. Jobs received were varied so that they weren't repetitive. Client atmosphere was generally excellent.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Micromanager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss