CompuCom Employee Reviews

Found 1,402 reviews matching the search See all 1,719 reviews
bad place to work
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 20, 2019
Compucom is a bad place to work. Good place for new people in the field but do not expect raises. I have been working there for 20 years and only got 3 raises in those 20 years.
Pros
stable
Cons
no raises
daily routine
Support technician for NBC/Universal Studios (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
Check backups and remediate any errors
Follow up on storage alerts and remediate where possible
if unable to remediate errors, pass to next level support
Daily ticket generation based on backup error log

Due to support requirements, felt like had 2 bosses - the customer and CompuCom and lot of times was caught in middle.
Cons
health deductible, lousy dental coverage, limited vision, sometimes remote management
An excellent place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2019
An excellent place to work. Great place to gain experience and insight and to learn a variety of IT related disciplines. Excellent training and information database.
Do. Not. Work. Here.
Systems Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 17, 2019
CompuCom provides complete or supplemental outsourced IT support for various companies. That being said, a typical day for me would consist of a 30-60 minute team phone conference where we discussed how we were going to support a client who had purchased some poorly negotiated and confusing contract drawn up by a salesperson who seemed to have no IT experience while the rest of the day was practically spent sitting in silence surrounded by coworkers with their heads down and buried in their work trying to figure out how to document the client's systems to which we have almost no access and no insight into how they want us to support their environment.

So, simply put, imagine a client says to you: "I want you to document our systems and tell us how you are going to support each system in a step-by-step 'runbook' with diagrams and flowcharts outlining each type of support issue and how you will respond to it from start to finish with little to no access to or knowledge of our systems." and you get the idea. And then imagine upper management (which, by the way, resided in another state and timezone altogether) not comprehending why you're not able to get your tasks completed on schedule or not providing you with what you need to get your job done.

For me, pay was poor and not sustainable in comparison to other local IT companies. When I tried to negotiate a pay increase with upper management they agreed to process a signed request I had negotiated with my direct manager. But when that direct manager quit the company my request then sat in limbo for two months with no update
  more... or response before I finally just quit because I could no longer afford to continue working there.

Additionally, the work required such intense focus and attention that coworkers did not really converse with each other. Felt like an IT sweatshop, in my opinion. A shady, cold, and lonely place to work.

Honestly, the hardest part of the job was literally getting motivated to get out of bed every workday to leave the house and come into the office. The feeling of dread was, at times, overwhelming.

So, that was what it was like for me working at CompuCom. I don't understand why some I met there could choose to stay as long as they did (and still do) when there are other companies out there that are so much better to work for. Perhaps they have better negotiated contracts, clients, work requirements, and/or upper management than I did, but not likely.

In any case, whenever I meet someone who is considering working at CompuCom I tell them my story and to go elsewhere. I've been in IT for 20 years and this was one of the worst companies I ever worked for.
Pros
If there were any pros, I did not experience them.
Cons
1) No real management or guidance on how to do the work, 2) No one seemed happy to be there, 3) Pay was inadequate, 4) Management only seemed to care about meeting deadlines to receive bonuses/cost savings from such
fun work place
IT Support-Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2019
great company to work, great customer service .
7 years experiences none-management IT, Network Administration Assistant, and Windows 7 Engineering migration deployment tech. I am available for computer tech support and network concepts and technologies. Ability to travel 75% and lift 50 pounds
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good for start
IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 16, 2019
Good place to work. If there is no calls, you can get a lots of certifications company provided FREE!!! Sometimes overtime which is good for extra money...
Pros
Free Certifications provided by company.
Cons
No paid time off
great work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 15, 2019
great work/life balance..good culture..relaxed culture...co-workers were always pleasant to work with. management was always easy to work with and on-top of things
Autonomy
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2019
Company acted as vehicle for me to work with customer, aside from helping me to interview for position and provided timekeeping software do I can be paid were hands off. I had autonomy to wotk with my client and provide her with me services.

I appreciated the flexible management and ability to set my hours to be conducive to the needs of my client.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no follow up after contract ended, to provide additionsl opportunities, even though my client was happy, and willing to provide a reference for me.
No Comment
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2019
What can I say? It was the job I had & it paid. Seven plus years, without without possibility of either advancement or a raise. It paid my bills, which is always nice :)
Not A Good Company To Work For.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2019
One of the worst companies that I have ever worked for...I have had nor will I get a pay raise from CompuCom unless I sell my soul to them...They base performance only on ticket count and nothing else...It has been a revolving door of managers, 5 managers in less than 3 years...Stay away from CompuCom!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Another Stay away from Compucom on the BB&T account
Technical Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 8, 2019
Worked for Compucom on the BB&T account for over 10 years, and watched it slowly deteriorate, management found ways to get rid of you if you spoke out against there polices or disagreed with them, people in charge have no technical background and they do not care about users/customers, all they care about is the numbers, You could have a computer or printer down, but you was suppose to drop it for a ticket regarding something stupid, and they had no training and just expected you to go do the work.

Working on the account was Excellent for the first couple years and then new management and polices ruined the account, they put managers in who had no idea what they where doing, when i left they where putting in Thin clients in all the branches, which means eventually they will lay off techs anyway, and only 2 raises in over 10 years and a pay decrease, STAY AWAY from Compucom on the BB&T account.
Pros
Work From home
Avoid the CompuCom BB&T Account like the Plague
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 5, 2019
I worked on the BB&T CompuCom contract for Almost eight Years. Management was great starting out... But.....Then we had a Town hall meeting, and they gave all the employees a Pay Decrease after being employed for 5 Months. Managers were lost in communication with the Technicians. There was a Power trip spree with anyone who barked orders. Unrealistic SLA requirements with Unrealistic Workload. While Working on Lexmark printers. We had to leave the Machine and the customer to take care of Network related problems. That we were never trained on. Just some friendly advice. When you work for a Company and get a 70 cent raise after almost eight years of dedicated employment. You find another position and Intermediately after your two week notice. Get Away from CompuCom as fast as you can move. Don't look back....Period.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Arrogant Dictator Management with no tecnical background or skillset.
The Opportunities are good
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYSIT / Tier II Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2019
CompuCom does pay great but they provide training in A+ Network+ and Security + and vouchers for the test. This is a great place to get into Service Desk role and out of Help Desk.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Entry Level job
#3 on worst companies in US to work for list for a reason
Management (Former Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 28, 2019
Worst run company in america.Do not I repeat do not think working at Compucom will be a positive for you. If you value your sanity, have any scruples at all run as fast as you can to another job
Company is a Joke
Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2019
Management makes commitments, they never follow thru on. Everyone is scared of losing there job, due to the Office depot purchase. Upline management have no clue as to what is going on. If you are a change agent, this is not the place for you.
DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2019
CompuCom lost its GE contract due to poor managers and nepotism . Ge went through laying off 10k people that included Contracts . Day consisted of double duty 1/2 including help desk duties second part of my day was setup and pick up of desktops and laptops which was the best time of the day ,the hardest part was taking care of 800 people with only two people for 3yrs
Pros
Ge enivrominet
Cons
pay and long term contract ended
Great company
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 27, 2019
Company provides great working conditions and supports their employees. Encourages employee to advance their skills and provides opportunity for growth.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Contract work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2019
great place to work if you are new to the industry. if you are looking for advancement, then this is not the place for you. the pay is not good, causing people to look for work elsewhere
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Unsanitary
ITAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJFebruary 25, 2019
The work area was a warehouse, encased in dust. Extremely hazardous at times with sharp and broken equipment. I would not return to this position for that reason mainly.
Worked on site at Zurich Insurance
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2019
Gained experience in IMAC. Learned about image and roll out process, Assisted team on Y2K project. Took personal responsibility to achieve higher level of end user satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CompuCom.

Powered by Comparably