CompuCom Employee Reviews

Found 1,337 reviews matching the search See all 1,639 reviews
Great place to work. Very flexible work schedule and minimal meetings.
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 9, 2018
My typical day includes using tools to assess the hardware and software systems for which I am responsible.

Communicating with team members to collaborate on solutions to issues that arise from the assessments.

Honed troubleshooting and solution development skills.

The work culture is driven by results and keeping focused on what your team is responsible for each day. Customer interaction is key to success and all team members are expected to represent the company well regardless of the position you hold.

The most enjoyable part of the job is how I am treated as a responsible team member that is expected to work hard and get their assigned work done without constant browbeating and harassment by management. It's nice to be treated as an adult and work with other team oriented responsible people.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great management, fairness with workload sharing
I wouldn't recommend them.
Manager, Americas Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2018
Poor management. Long hours. Little support. There really isn't much to say about them, but I have to type a minimum of 150 characters. So, here you go.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Good place for someone starting out in IT
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2018
N/A. No comments. Good place for starting IT personnel, some knowledge of IT field is necessary in order to get hired.
Most personnel move on after 3-5 years.
Relaxed work environment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2018
Working from home opportunity was the best. I had some really good managers that challenged and motivated the team to accomplish whatever goals that came our way.
Pros
Pros: nice relaxed work environment to work around. laid back dress code, treated every holiday.
Cons
Cons: no raises for associates only management, some managers that are hard to work along side.
Growing company with the growing pains
Synchrony Financial Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 2, 2018
This is a company that is growing with leaps and bounds but the growing pains are bigger than they are currently equipped to handle. Communication between management and employees is almost nill.
Compucom
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014November 27, 2018
Gathering assets needed to fill work orders. The work orders are configured/imaged computers that need additional accessories. Assets are scanned to the work orders, packaged properly, and taken to the shipping department.
CompuCom.
Proposal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
As a proposal writer in bid services, I wrote bids and service templates for Compucom's lines of business. I enjoyed meeting businesses that we partnered with to provide additional services.
Over worked
Sales) /Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2018
The company should have never took on the task of IT for Wal-mart in the DFW. Total disaster, They weren't ready to take over from NCR. NCR hand over was garbage.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
There's a reason it's one of America's worst companies to work for...
Premier Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
The work environment is good. Work life balance good with the ability to work remote as needed. However, no one on my team has gotten so much as a penny as pay increase in over a year and a half. Unreasonable demands from a tactless manager, incessant yielding to unreasonable demands from lines of business, and a manager who appreciates nothing but numbers, especially come bonus time. I love my colleagues, but management and team leadership are woefully incapable of managing both work and people. All this to be summarily dismissed when inquiring about pay increases. Not sure culture will change, but again, there's a reason why it's one of the worst tech companies in america to work for.
Management sucked
Desk Side Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2018
The contract was severely underbid! As a result, techs were not paid commensurate with the duties required for the job. Went through two Service Delivery Managers
Pros
Clients (Altria) were great to work with!
Cons
Went through two Service Delivery Managers!
Compucom summary
Onsite Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 13, 2018
The company pays a lower to fair wage. My position as a field service tech is one that has me providing IT services for five Lowe's big box stores, mainly break and fix along with many different types of projects. Refreshes of printers, terminals, PC's, selling devices and servers. Time management is important with this job as well as excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is managing time and building relationships both which I have learned and continue to improve in. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are not at one fixed location and you meet new people often.
Pros
Freedom, no one is constantly looking over your shoulder
Cons
For the skills I am providing I beleive I should be receiving better compensation, I have received only one small raise in over 4 years even though I am in one of the busiest markets
did not like workplace
Telephone Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2018
did my job
I learned nothing
management was not good
culture was ok never meet boss just talked over phone
dealing with my boss
no enjoyable part
Pros
nothing
Cons
management sucks
A great place to work
IT Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
CompuCom is a great job for any Seeking IT Field Technicians. I learned to work well with a diverse staff of Technicians to successfully complete and install new workstations at various clients sites.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2018
The hardest part of the job was the advancement that was not there. No room to grow and earn more money, but the enjoyment was the smile on the customers when the issue was solved.
Very productive workplace where I had to meet dead lines and quotas to ensure customer satisfaction on a daily basis.
Forklift Operator and Order Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJNovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work at CompuCom including meeting deadlines for customer orders by using different types of machinery and methods to pick pack and ship order in a timely manner consistent with customers expectations. Some things I learned while working at CompuCom were working as a team member to meet deadlines. Working professionally and respectfully towards other employees and supervisors. I learned how to take pride in what ever type of work I was doing by being in the top 10% each month for order fulfillment. The management there was very professional, courteous, and helpful but often lacked direction and team leads that were efficient in creating good work flow and accountability. The workplace culture was a little strenuous at times to meet dead lines and fulfill big orders for major company's around the world. the hardest part of my job was trying to outpace everyone else and be one of the top order full fillers. The most enjoyable part of my job was our whole team got along and often helped one another complete jobs in order for everyone to be successful.
Pros
Good Employees, Short distance from home
Cons
Temporary Contract, No room really for advancement, low pay
Great temporary job
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2018
I was recruited to work as a contract employee on a project to update regional State Farm agencies' computer systems and printers. Compucom provided comprehensive paid training before the project started, and was available while I worked in the field should I run into any problems. The training was fun and informative, and the teacher was hands on and a great mentor.

I was assigned from one to three State Farm offices per day. I was given all the necessary tools to properly complete my work, and was given a cell phone to use when communicating with the State Farm agents, and help desk. I was paid for I think a minimum of 7 hours per work day, and if I completed the assigned tasks in less time, I was still paid for 7 hours. All of the tasks to which I was assigned could easily be done in less than 7 hours, and I was also paid a good mileage rate for driving my car to the various locations.

I was trusted to manage my time and report it by the end of each week. I was also trusted to work directly with the State Farm agents and perform my labors. I was provided with a workflow manual which directed the tasks I was to do. It was logical and easy to understand. Even though some IT skills were necessary in order to troubleshoot possible problems, I believe just about anyone would be able to be successful with this job, given the well thought out training, workflow, and checks and balances that Compucom gave to this position.

After the project was complete, I was offered another contract position, but I had already found a permanent position with another employer,
  more... so unfortunately I had to decline.  less
Pros
Easy to work with, fun, paid for full hours even if done early
Cons
Temporary position
Starting your career
PC Technician, Level 3, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 2, 2018
A good job to build your resume. People complain but it’s a great job to add to the resume and move your way up in this field. They will pay for certifications and work experience is how you eventually make more money. Gain network connections with employees. I get calls daily for jobs. I started with unpaid work with a non profit. Work experience is gold.
Pros
Make connections, reimbursement of certifications
Cons
Low pay, short term
Terrible place
IT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 1, 2018
Someone always watching your every move and you don't e even know if the next day you show up which coworkers will still be there and which were fired the previous day.
Pros
Cons
Too many.
Worked independently little management
Collaborative Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 30, 2018
I am contracted out full time to another company that has a contract with the customer. I am left alone except for a weekly phone call with my manager whom is quite helpful
Good work place some bad managers
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 28, 2018
Over all I enjoy working for this company. They tend to hire a few bad seeds and it takes a while to weed them out. And there are a few managers that make that task among other things a bit harder then needed. However, the work place itself and the people you work with actually care and you are not treated as just a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss