CompuGroup Medical Employee Reviews

Nice workplace environment, supportive team, changing processes
Office Temp (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 27, 2018
I learned a lot about the medical software industry however my training was not really organized as there wasn't a training program in place outside of normal onboarding with the company. I did of learning on the job. The hardest part of my job is that our organizations processes kept changing so it was difficult to 100% understand exactly what was expected of me. I did enjoy the managers that I worked under in each position I had. All of them were supportive and made sure that I had the tools I needed to get the job done.
Ok place to work if you have nothing else
Software Developer II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 11, 2018
It's an okay place to work if you don't have any other opportunities. But the turnover rate was high even in Executive Management. Middle management made poor choices in the employee's work load balance and/or resource fulfillment and made our work lives more difficult. There was little to no career advancement and people who should have been fired kept their jobs while the other team members had to pick up the slack. We were underpaid for Orange County and merit increases were barely cost of living.

That being said. They were extremely flexible when an employee had a crisis and would allow for telecommuting in those circumstances as long as you checked in and let people know when you were going to be away from your keyboard.
Pros
Flexible with employees during crisis, great team members
Cons
mediocre management, below average pay, unbalanced work loads.
nice working environment
Associate Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 2, 2018
Initial training over a two week period with lectures from higher management and when not in the classroom you will follow qualified experienced technical staff.
A friendly culture, helping hands when needed, free soda always provided to all employees.
Pros
free food and drink most days
Senior System Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDAugust 21, 2017
Family oriented company
Billing Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 24, 2017
We are all about family comes first and we are like 1 big family. We all work well together and make a great team. Close to my home. Unfortunately this company is moving to Phoenix and I am not willing to relocate.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Soon to be relocated to Phoenix
Good Place to work
Account Manager- DAQbilling (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 20, 2015
Good place to work. Co-workers are friendly. I have learned a lot from this company, a lot of stuff is just tossed in my lap. Great way to learn new things
Great place to work but difficult exec management
Customer Support Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2014
Individual departments have great people and hard workers, unfortunately executive management is not very personable or interested in individuals.
If you want to stay for an extended amount of time at this company, you will need to make sure to be on the ball, any negative perception will most likely be cause for end of employment.
Hardest part of working for this company is the constant rotating of executive management, which causes many changes in standards and processes, must be ready for change at any time.
Pros
Great group of people to work with, family environment
Cons
Executive management is a huge issue and needs to be reviewed.
Global Company, always evolving, and striving for growth!
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, South CarolinaSeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at work for me is assisting team with questions and encouraging direction to accomplish tasks timely; while focusing on customer facing training and support. I work closely with the sales team to answer product questions and assist with demos.

I've learned how competitive the software business is and what commitment is required to enhance software while at the same meeting customers expectations and trying to keep staff motivated in a demanding and progressive environment.

The most difficult part of the job is not working before or after hours on outstanding tasks, I am the type person I want it done timely and correctly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers whose expectations are met and they provide positive feedback!
CompuGroup Medical
Systems Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2014
Typical day consists of going over what needs to be accomplished and accomplishing them. Lunch is an hour long and there are plenty of places to eat since the office is in downtown phoenix. It is a very relaxed atmosphere as long as you get to work on time and do your job everything is great.
Downside is no matching 401k but they are working on it.
Management is great, they know how to lead, very patient, and always willing to help and teach.
Co-Workers are great, they are willing to help and teach as well.
Hardest part of the job is sitting at the desk for 8 hours.
Most enjoyable is when the IT team plays foosball.
The company is doing good
Senior Software developer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2014
Everywhere in the world medical treatment is gaining importance: people are getting older and scientific progress makes new therapies possible. IT plays a crucial role in keeping costs low and treating people successfully.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2014
Productive and Learning Workplace
Software Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDNovember 4, 2013
Uncomfortable workplace. Typical work day would be constant IM's stating there's a certain amount of calls on the board and everyone is already on a call. Distraction always felt rushed. Supervisor constantly standing over your back eating an apple while looking at the call board. Manager micro-managing through emails to not do troubleshooting aspects or why you are doing certain troubleshooting aspects?! Instead of reading the ticket that had the exact same information. Or Reading information in ticket incorrectly and reprimanding the wrong employees. Hardest part of the job not knowing what the next call would be and if there was a solution or not. Learned a little bit of medical terminology. Server migration remotely, some SQL queries. Enjoyable part of the job when calls was slow fun conversations with co-workers.
Pros
Hour lunches; Free Breakfast & lunches(Sometimes)
Cons
Healthcare; Lack of effort from programmers & senior help; Lack of team
Standard Company
Senior Software Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDOctober 11, 2013
Standard Company,
Nothing exceptional.
Nothing to report.
Great environment in a growing company
Corporate Recruiter/HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2013
CGM, US is a fast growing company in Healthcare IT. Company has many great opportunities for growth.
It was an OK place to work
Windows Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2013
My immediate manager was great. Some of the other employees were less desirable. Instead of putting money in certain places, they would buy off the wall stuff like Pro digital recording equipment then not use it because no one was buying that service.

The local IT group was great and fun to talk too.
Pros
free soda
Cons
wasting money
Tough but worth working here
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  irvine, caAugust 20, 2013
Working through a new CEO @ CompuGroup was tough, however he is turning things around.
Pros
casual environment
Cons
pay
Software support (Former Employee) –  TampaJune 12, 2013
Locally, great people, nice working conditions.
Controller, Procurement and Sales Operation Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2013
Senior management not tuned into what is really happening in the trenches.
Hard to advance
Contract Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2012
Transparency is missing
Communication from Sr. Management not good
Co-Workers were nice people but very frustrated with Sr. Management and the business decisions being made at this time
A typical day at work was very stressful
Pros
wonderful co-workers!
Cons
company in the process of trying to be successful after multiple acquisitions
Productive workplace with true experts in Lab Systems with a robust product.
Renewals Administrator/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDJuly 22, 2012
Productive workplace with true experts in Lab Systems with a robust, agile and well-documented LIS product.
Pros
true experts to learn from, pleasant bare-bones environment and free parking
Cons
very expensive medical benefits, no tuition reimbursement or training