CompuNet Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews

Featured review
CompuNet Clinical Laboratories selected this as a representative review
Professional work environment dedicated to quality results
Director - Supply Chain Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 30, 2018
The work done by CompuNet Clinical Laboratories is pride worthy as they are dedicated to ensuring the patient results of the testing being performed are of quality. Every staff member knows the importance of the mission where every patient is the focus promoting longer, healthier lives within the community we serve and abroad.

As a small regional reference laboratory, the benefits are fair, but could be better as with any smaller company with marginal means. The work environment is modest, yet modern with the most up to date medical testing instrumentation. Staff get the opportunity to migrate to many different types of roles within different departments which makes the work fresh if they choose or there are long standing roles for those that want stability without change.
Pros
Management works with team members
Cons
Front line work can be demanding
Don't work for this company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Your under payed. Your expected to make manager decisions because no mgmt answers their phone. No room to advance because they are always short. NEVER EVER FULLY STAFFED. You work hard but get no "thanks, you guys did awesome. " You are required to work at other hospitals even after you put you would not travel. Your not compensated for mileage. You can end up going in to work on time and then be told you have to go another. Too many bosses not enough staff. Managers tell your private business, disciplinary actions to other employees. Management team needs to learn to be managers. Equipment never works its outdated. And supplies are never available. Love phlebotomy worst company to work for. You go to HR and you will suffer repercussions.
Pros
Love to draw blood
Cons
Management, old equipment, unorganized, under staffed, low pay fir what they expect
Fired for being to helpful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2018
My position was terminated due to me being too helpful. There is a policy in the SOP that states that Phlebotomist are not allowed to touch IV's even if a nurse/doctor permits us to pause/restart the IV. Several phleb's were asked if they ever paused or restarted an IV and admitted to it and were fired. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IN A HOSPITAL SETTING!!! If you do I urge you not to help the nurses in any way. Do not remove or replace any blood pressure cuff or plusox, do not pause/restart any IV, do not give patient water or a blanket, do not move food trays. DO NOTHING other than draw blood as per CompuNet SOP anything other than that is not in your job description, is against company policy and will lead to your immediate termination.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Being a nice/helpful employee who goes above and beyond will get you fired
No a very good work enviorment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHFebruary 18, 2019
This was the worst place I every worked. Communication was a problem starting with management. As far as teamwork, I felt I was left out at the beginning. Dealing with comments and drama management said they addressed just to have it down on paper. My previous job I was at for 13 years. glad I no longer work there.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHOctober 4, 2018
I have worked for CompuNet for several years. I enjoy working at CompuNet. I have a flexible schedule and have had room for advancement in the company.
Compunet is a old company that is behind in time
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHSeptember 12, 2018
This company has been wonderful, and trying to grow to meet the goals they have put in place. However, they are so behind the requirements for success. They continue to spend too much to catch up to the times. They have too many people in the wrong roles, and too many chiefs that are stuck in the past. Great group of a people, but not ready to grow at the pace I or the community needs.
Pros
great employees
Cons
behind the times
It was ok
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 2, 2018
Management very unorganized. People constantly called off with no one to answer to. Long hrs with breaks not always . Walking up to 5 to 7 miles per day.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Walking up to 5 miles a day.
Love my management
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 18, 2018
I have literally the best manager ever, the girls I work with are wonderful as well benefits are good, basically I love the company but wish the compensation was better. Also the health insurance is expensive.
Pros
Management, hours, employees, company
Cons
Compensation
Great people and mission oriented culture
Executive Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 20, 2018
Great place to work. The company is evolving. I really like the Executive Team, they are best leadership team I have ever worked with. My boss is absolutely awesome.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Cost is controlled
Just dont do it
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 4, 2016
I worked at the Miami Valley location for a year. It was a great experience to all types of patients and kept my skill up. You will earn alot of skills and experience there. But the managers and team leaders do not know how to do their jobs. They are completely understaffed with employees dropping like flies because of the work conditions. You will have to learn how to stick some days without all of your equipment because of poor restocking. It does not pay well and after your 90 day 50 cent 'raise' it's almost impossible to get another one nor advance. The hand held computers are always broken and so are the carts. Time off is hard to get and doesnt accrue very fast.Also if you work there get a hardcopy letter of recommendation/reference. Cause apparently it's against Compunet policy to give you one if your new job calls them for one. At least this location is a long way from being a well-oiled machine.
Pros
Alot of experience, the people you work with are amazing
Cons
Understaffed, poor management, undersupplied, over worked employees, horrible benefits
I found this work experience to be exceedingly unpleasant
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 1, 2018
This was an unpleasant work experience. In the first 10 years or so it was a fun and enjoyable place to work, but recent ownership changes caused friction within the company. We were not allowed to work overtime if we wanted to; we received little to no recognition for a job well done and the pay grade was less than desirable.
One of the positive aspects of the workplace is that we had an on-site fitness room
Favorable Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHMarch 12, 2018
Positive work environment, excellent benefits, good employees.
Sense of camaraderie throughout the entire company.
Unfortunately, the financial status for laboratory companies in general makes this a less than desirable field at the current time.
Eh.. Look elswhere for a job honestly
PHLEBOTOMIST, SITE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 17, 2018
This company has changed very recently so it is not a good environment to work in you are constantly worried if you'll be written up or fired. The site was very busy at times, the co workers i had were great we just became overwhelmed at times due to lack of employees due to staffing
Pros
co-workers
Cons
too much paperwork, lack of leadership
Over Worked and Under Paid
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 2, 2017
I loved working my job at Miami Valley Hospital, however I would personally never work for Compunet ever again! They do not treat their employees very well. They really needed to staff the hospital better. There were days we worked with only 7 Phlebotomists in the whole hospital. We never got a brake and were always yelled at and never praised... Loved my job, loved the hospital, did not like the company!
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
over worked hardley any brakes always on ur feet understaffed
Fantastic Company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHDecember 8, 2016
This company appreciates their employees and tries to show it. The benefits are affordable and the vacation and sick time accrue depending on how many hours you work. They give raises based on performance, not on length of employment. I enjoy working here.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Just having to work for a living
Do not work for this company!!
Specimen Control (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Terribly managed. Compensation is ridiculously low and you're worked to death!! I had never worked so hard to make so little in my life. This company should be embarrassed by what they pay their employees and how they treat them.
Boring, Unappreciated Place to work
Technical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 28, 2017
They do not value their workers here. There is a lot of favoritism in management and overall unhappiness with all workers. They do not pay well and there is almost no room to move up or around to other positions.
Busy hospital environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton,OhioSeptember 11, 2013
A typical day can be very busy with little to no down time. Management can be very demanding and they are most of the problems. Managements open door policy means everyone knows. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and helpful. Getting attached to the patients and then they pass away.
Most enjoyable is being able to help others.
Pros
Customers and patients
Cons
Short lunches and compensation
Mismanagement is slightly balanced by friendly coworkers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2017
Phlebotomy isn't a difficult job, and what makes it a pleasant one is the relationship between coworkers, management, and patients. The patients are great, the coworkers are alright, but the management is lacking.
It's not uncommon to be told to take longer lunches, because you had to stay late to help last-minute patients (meaning you're pressured to forfeit your overtime), or to have your hours shorted, because the manager can't balance the schedule.
Good Overall Organization
Histotechnologist/Pathologist's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioApril 1, 2012
Management cared about the patients and their employees, paid for education, room and board, stipened and signed contract for 3 years, began my career here and still keep in tough with my mentor.
Pros
everything!
Cons
i moved, otherwise i would still work there
Worst management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springfield OhioSeptember 25, 2015
I love what I do! Drawing blood and interacting with patients is very rewarding to me but that's where the positives stop. Our pod leader makes this job unbearable! She is awful and the reason we can't keep people around very long. She can't schedule, return phone calls or complete tasks efficiently. She is spiteful and rude. I feel like a rag doll the way she sends me all over the place on a moments notice. Frequent text messages at 6am asking you to go somewhere other than where you were scheduled with no incentive or so much as an "I appreciate you". Half of the employees in my pod are not fully trained on things that should be priority such as the DAT payment system to take payment from patients or the drug screen program that we use. She loses things you fax her constantly such as time cards and request off forms. She is unprofessional and cannot handle the requirements of her job title. We are under paid and we do receive 2 raises per year, if you count .11 as a raise. We hear constantly how well the company is doing but our paychecks don't reflect that. We expose ourselves to blood born pathogens and bodily fluids everyday putting us at risk of infection for $10-$11 an hour and they start you at $9. The health benefits are awful and extremely expensive. I guess our health and wellbeing don't matter much. From my experience this company is more worried about the account and how much money it brings in as opposed to the fair treatment and work environment of the employees. I've been mistreated by doctors, nurses and patients and nobody bats an eye. The only response I get  more... is "that account is too big to be making them mad". This company does not value their employees and the management is the worst I've seen and I'd never suggest anyone work at Compunet.  less
Pros
Having a job at all
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, advancement, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuNet Clinical Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

CompuNet Clinical Laboratories Reviews by Location