CompuNet Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews

n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHOctober 4, 2018
I have worked for CompuNet for several years. I enjoy working at CompuNet. I have a flexible schedule and have had room for advancement in the company.
Fired for being to helpful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2018
My position was terminated due to me being too helpful. There is a policy in the SOP that states that Phlebotomist are not allowed to touch IV's even if a nurse/doctor permits us to pause/restart the IV. Several phleb's were asked if they ever paused or restarted an IV and admitted to it and were fired. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IN A HOSPITAL SETTING!!! If you do I urge you not to help the nurses in any way. Do not remove or replace any blood pressure cuff or plusox, do not pause/restart any IV, do not give patient water or a blanket, do not move food trays. DO NOTHING other than draw blood as per CompuNet SOP anything other than that is not in your job description, is against company policy and will lead to your immediate termination.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Being a nice/helpful employee who goes above and beyond will get you fired
It was ok
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 2, 2018
Management very unorganized. People constantly called off with no one to answer to. Long hrs with breaks not always . Walking up to 5 to 7 miles per day.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Walking up to 5 miles a day.
I found this work experience to be exceedingly unpleasant
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 1, 2018
This was an unpleasant work experience. In the first 10 years or so it was a fun and enjoyable place to work, but recent ownership changes caused friction within the company. We were not allowed to work overtime if we wanted to; we received little to no recognition for a job well done and the pay grade was less than desirable.
One of the positive aspects of the workplace is that we had an on-site fitness room
Great people and mission oriented culture
Executive Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 20, 2018
Great place to work. The company is evolving. I really like the Executive Team, they are best leadership team I have ever worked with. My boss is absolutely awesome.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Cost is controlled
Favorable Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHMarch 12, 2018
Positive work environment, excellent benefits, good employees.
Sense of camaraderie throughout the entire company.
Unfortunately, the financial status for laboratory companies in general makes this a less than desirable field at the current time.
Love my management
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 18, 2018
I have literally the best manager ever, the girls I work with are wonderful as well benefits are good, basically I love the company but wish the compensation was better. Also the health insurance is expensive.
Pros
Management, hours, employees, company
Cons
Compensation
Eh.. Look elswhere for a job honestly
PHLEBOTOMIST, SITE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 17, 2018
This company has changed very recently so it is not a good environment to work in you are constantly worried if you'll be written up or fired. The site was very busy at times, the co workers i had were great we just became overwhelmed at times due to lack of employees due to staffing
Pros
co-workers
Cons
too much paperwork, lack of leadership
Do not work for this company!!
Specimen Control (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Terribly managed. Compensation is ridiculously low and you're worked to death!! I had never worked so hard to make so little in my life. This company should be embarrassed by what they pay their employees and how they treat them.
Boring, Unappreciated Place to work
Technical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 28, 2017
They do not value their workers here. There is a lot of favoritism in management and overall unhappiness with all workers. They do not pay well and there is almost no room to move up or around to other positions.

Want to know more about CompuNet Clinical Laboratories?

Ask a question
Medical Laboratory
Developer / OnBase System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 30, 2017
The atmosphere was great, the legacy code and batch scripts were not. Constant need to patch old outdated processes. Got OnBase certification that was barely used while there.
Fast pace
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHAugust 5, 2017
Fast pace, very busy nice people made a lot of friends and get to talk to people all day seen this hospital save many lives. Lab is laid back and relaxed
Buyer beware
N/A (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJuly 21, 2017
Will reel you in, keep and use you, then spit you out just as quick. Financially unsound. Employees are great. Upper Management is ridiculous and closed minded.
great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 21, 2017
Compunet is a great company to work for with many laboratory careers available to suit anyone's needs. There are ways to advance your career and the staff there is awesome!
Mismanagement is slightly balanced by friendly coworkers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2017
Phlebotomy isn't a difficult job, and what makes it a pleasant one is the relationship between coworkers, management, and patients. The patients are great, the coworkers are alright, but the management is lacking.
It's not uncommon to be told to take longer lunches, because you had to stay late to help last-minute patients (meaning you're pressured to forfeit your overtime), or to have your hours shorted, because the manager can't balance the schedule.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 6, 2017
It's been a while since I worked there, but they were always flexible with my schedule. The staff was nice. The pay was okay, but this was just an intermediate job until I finished college.
over worked
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJune 18, 2017
Under staffed and under payed! Company doesn't care if you get a break or lunch. Could increase pay wages to other companies. Cannot keep employees. Insurance is not very good.
Pros
vacation
Cons
under staffed
not a fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJune 3, 2017
A typical day at work was very busy. Having to use the restroom, you had to literally run and get back to your desk and get busy, no talking allowed. I felt like I worked in a prison most days. Management sucked. Pay increases stuck. Breaks were short. Most enjoyable part was the end of the day, when I headed home.
Pros
Cons
management, pay increases, breaks
Over Worked and Under Paid
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 2, 2017
I loved working my job at Miami Valley Hospital, however I would personally never work for Compunet ever again! They do not treat their employees very well. They really needed to staff the hospital better. There were days we worked with only 7 Phlebotomists in the whole hospital. We never got a brake and were always yelled at and never praised... Loved my job, loved the hospital, did not like the company!
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
over worked hardley any brakes always on ur feet understaffed
Fantastic Company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHDecember 8, 2016
This company appreciates their employees and tries to show it. The benefits are affordable and the vacation and sick time accrue depending on how many hours you work. They give raises based on performance, not on length of employment. I enjoy working here.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Just having to work for a living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuNet Clinical Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about