CompuNet Clinical Laboratories
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

CompuNet Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews

United States116 reviews

Cool people to work with but sucky management

Absolutely love all the people I worked with at job sites, but work there and you'll feel bad for ever having to call off for any reason. Get write ups for missing work even with doctors notes.

Pros

Nice people for work with at job sites

Cons

It all depends on where you are.

Some of the sites are super flexible with scheduling. Others are very strict. Some of the managers are friendly and supportive. Others are neither. Usually the co workers are great. Only a very few bad apples. The work is important. Job security is high. Chance for advancement is questionable.

CompuNet Clinical Laboratories insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Vacation,sick and personal days are the main benefit.

Vacation,sick and personal days are the main benefit. Management on all levels and departments do not care about employees. They only care about their bonus and tearing their employees down to not give them fair raises. No one is treated with respect and patient care is last concern for them.

CompuNet is a pretty good company to work for

I found working at CompuNet to be an ongoing learning experience which I enjoyed. Most of my co-workers were a pleasure to work with; one certain manager that I worked for was outstanding in that she was very supportive and encouraged me to believe in myself and my abilities. She truly cared about her employees. On the other hand the pay could have been better. They didn't really take into consideration the cost of living increases

Pros

good health benefits, excellent paid time off and sick days

Cons

Favoritism, low pay scale

Enjoyable job and environment

Disgruntled ppl make the company seem terrible, but if you come in and do your job without attitude and negativity you will advance and excel in the company

Great coworkers, bad management

Great people to work with but the management does not instill confidence. Management has many unnecessary steps to try to reach company goals and don’t realize when things are aren’t working. You are micro-managed with no productive end result.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management

Good work environment

I fairly enjoyed my employment here. The staff that I worked with was always supportive and helpful. The advancement within the company is very minimal if you’re looking to increase your salary while working here, you’re better off finding a different company.

People

The management and other drivers are excellent. They care about you on both a business and personal level. I have never worked with a better group of people.

Pros

Great people, benefits

No just no.

There are nice people that work there but that’s about the only redeeming quality. Turn over rate is high and for good reason. Horrible management, and they told me what I wanted to hear to get me in the door as far as my job description. It’s not worth your time. Run.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Everything else

In the beginning it was a good job.

In the beginning of my time at Compunet I worked at one of the larger hospitals and I really liked my job. I learned a lot, my trainers were very good and patient. Then covid hit as well as a lot of employees left which made it near impossible to try to catch up with the amount of patients that would need drawn. It was always you need to work faster, when you’re doing the best that you can and you’re made to feel your best is not good enough. I started to lose my hair and throw up before every shift because I dreaded it so bad, hours were terrible. I did like making an additional 30 % in shift diffs which was almost 5$ more an hour. It wasn’t worth staying for, insurance was terrible very high deductible, vision insurance and dental were awesome and very cheap so I appreciated those. It’s a very overwhelming job and they need to pay more in order to make it worth people’s time.

Pros

Vision and dental insurance

Cons

Short breaks, no management support, poor health insurance, overwhelming

Compunet

They were a great company, wish the pay was a little better. The team leads were very helpful. I absolutely loved working and dealing with patients everyday.

Management is a joke.

I could write a book about the issues this place has. The biggest, and most important is management. Or maybe I should say lack of. I have witnessed employees steal, get in physical altercations, patients constantly talking down to us. And the worst part is that even if you (and others) do bring these issues to your supervisor’s attention, I can guarantee you nothing will ever change. After working there almost 2 years, I quickly noticed that you either put up with the ridiculousness or walk out. If it weren’t for some of the other girls and the little family you form, CompuNet would have an even higher turnover rate than they currently do.

Pros

Great employees, paid holidays/vacation/sick time

Cons

Awful management

There are better jobs in the field

I worked for compunet in their largest hospital settings. Immediately it became obvious how overworked everyone is. There are massive influxes of patients without enough phlebotomists to draw them and a disappointing amount of phlebotomists calling off daily. The hardest part of the job is certainly the physical demand, the hospital is gigantic and after an eight-hour shift, I'd walked upwards of five miles. They give you the worst dinner breaks too- thirty minutes uncompensated. Seriously? for the amount of work we do we need a longer break, or for you to compensate us for the little time we get to take. I cannot place any of the blame on the department managers, they're just as overworked. They have lots of seemingly unnecessary paperwork and reviews to fill out. Higher-level management became ridiculously caught up in time management. It almost came across as shaming. The amount of stress that the leaders put on phlebotomists to draw as many patients as possible was upsetting, doing quality work with our patients is far more important than rushing from patient to patient, that practice can become careless and dangerous. Overall I am glad that I worked there, I feel that I learned a lot of relevant knowledge in my field. But, staying long-term is not something I can see anyone being happy with. The higher-ups do not treat you well- and they make it very clear in their lack of appreciation for you. I valued my time with my coworkers; we all shared the same concerns and understood each other. The morale problem is certainly perpetuated by leadership, with the exception of the -

Pros

Relations with coworkers, valuable field experience

Cons

Short breaks, compensation, workplace moral, physically demanding, lack of support from leadership

Unmotivated environment

The nepotism that I’ve witnessed while at my time at this company is jaw dropping, and simply just not fair to those who have put in the effort, shown their dedication and commitment to bettering the company. I doubt that’s the plan for this company it’s mostly about the managers who barely know what their doing, hopefully they’ll retire or better yet decide not to work but once a week. They feel comfortable with who they were able to manipulate to follow in their horrible leadership footprints which will do nothing but continue a revolving door of poor management, lack of communication, and an immature toxic work environment for that company. Which equals to no growth and a dead end job not career that is just unfulfilling and impersonal. I say look elsewhere!!!! The diversity in this company should be looked at under a microscope .. not everyone is treated fairly or equally .

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Okay place

Okay place to work. The pay could be better since new employees are making about the same as employees who have been working there longer. . And better management is needed.

They are not who they say when hired.

Very insensitive company! The company has no sick leave policy and don’t care about there workers sick. I also told them about my health from day one.

Cons

Depending on your department-- nah everything is awful

The negative reviews on here are far too kind to the company. Compunet is a disorganized mess. Extremely high turn over in most departments, managers that are not wroth their weight and they will lie to you about promotions, pay increases and other opportunities.If you need a job and can't find employment anywhere else by all means work for who you can. Otherwise choose wisely and pick a different company.Health insurance is sub par. Extremely high deductible that covers next to nothing and should you reach the cap. You will still have to pay a percentage. Dental is about average and vision is actually a good plan. Compunet is moving towards more automation so they will be downsizing a few of the departments.

Pros

A few co-workers

Cons

Useless training, unnecessary meetings, massive amounts of down time. Terrible bosses and fairly low pay.

Would give negative stars if i could

Management plays favorites and they lie to get you to accept the job. Don't waste your time here, you will regret it. As if lying about giving you a full time job isn't bad enough, if you call them out on their lies they will prevent you from getting another position within the company. I was forced out after I left a good job because my department was being scaled back and I was afraid I would be without a job. Well, I am now without a job or a severance because my hours were cut in half. Horrible company.

Cons

They help pay for school fees!

I love that CompuNet helps me cover the cost of schooling. University is expensive, especially in the medical field and I think it’s great that companies like CompuNet are starting to take an interest in investing in the futures of their employees. It means a lot and it goes a long way toward fostering a sense of company loyalty.

I gained a ton of valuable experience working at CompuNet

My experience with the company gave me everything I needed for a fulfilling and successful career in medicine. More than satisfied with the experience as a whole and I have no problem recommending it to anyone considering applying.

Fun work place, great co workers

I do and processes Covid 19 test at a great site. My manager is great and my co workers are great. I enjoy going to work everyday. I do work 12 hour shifts but it is so rewarding.

Pros

Helping out in a pandemic

Common questions about CompuNet Clinical Laboratories

Answered by current and former employees at CompuNet Clinical Laboratories

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuNet Clinical Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits