Computer Aid Employee Reviews

Not a tech company
Senior developer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2018
This place is ok but realize its basically a staffing company and run by sales people that have little knowledge about actual IT or your interests in it.
Also many of yhe roles are maintenance so no new development just maintaining other peoples bad code that was written 10 years ago and not really a way to make major changes.
Great place to start IT Career
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 1, 2018
The work place is enjoyable. There are no jerks you have to deal with, except those on the phone. But the more experience you have, the better the job is.The management is pretty solid.

Don't expect too many raises, or a raise by a large margin. You won't receive any PTO, unless you're a senior technician. This is only for the help desk role. For other positions such as Metrics, and HR, I wouldn't know much. We don't ask around about salary, or benefits & no one is sharing that kind of information.

With that being said, this place is excellent for experience, and career advancement.
Pros
Fun work place, nice people, can gain a ton of experience.
Cons
Have to time breaks carefully, no PTO, callers can be rude.
Very challenging position
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 23, 2018
When I started working there the mission of the company was not clearly defined. Once I learned my mission with the company, then I was OK. The first contract I worked on turned out to be a nice one.
Pros
excellent health benefits.
Computer Aid Review
Computer Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2018
I loved working for Computer Aid at the World Bank. They were extre mely kind and made sure their employees had everything they needed to perform their duties. Management was top-notch, and kind.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Lots of opportunities at client sites
Project Manager / Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 7, 2018
Most positions are off-site, and you may not interact with any other Computer Aid employees. You can also work at their headquarter's location but I have not been there in years so I cannot comment much more.
Service Desk center
Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 31, 2018
This is a Service Desk call center. Providing Service Desk support for multiple clients. This is a fill time job although we work with contracts and clients.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
No cafe, small office, not many posistion in this office so not much room for advancement
Good work environment and benefits. Compensation not maintained
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 14, 2018
Computer Aid, Inc. provided a flexible work environment (when compatible with clients needs). Team members were great to work with and always had a team atmosphere. The ability to grow or learn new skills was left up to the individual, with little company provided training. The company provided good benefits, but compensation seamed available only through promotions.
Pros
Good Benefits, flexible working conditions
Cons
No regular salary increases
It is not a bad company but lacks a lot of mangement.at Florida level.
Field Service Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2018
Management was away in Orlando and rarely assembled us to form a team culture. Our supervisors at Tampa were two Florida State DOT employees. They both were reluctant to assist their CAI subordinates and even help each other to to better serve our customers. These two supervisors never held employee meetings to talk about issues with work or employee conduct. It was a bad organizational climate were back stabbing was rampant.
Four 11 hour days was a good schedule.
Pros
Insurance, paid 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick time
Cons
Nocompany contribution to 401K plan. CAI mangement has no say in DOT decisions about CAI employes
Good company with low pay.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2018
I was paid low wages because of the customer of CAI paying low wages. In other work sites that CAI sent people to I suppose that the salaries were more fair. The company culture is good enough. The benefits are poor. The 401K lost money. There was life insurance and some medical insurance. I don't remember having dental or vision coverage at all but, I could be wrong about not having coverage. Once enrolled in the medical coverage you can't get out until open enrollment. Be careful. Management does give raises but, they are small on top of an already small salary. Management can always be reached by phone but, live in other states and work in different places all the time. Also, the management changes quite often. They take promotions or move on to other work in another company. There is a high turnover for the management. Something rare to see on a job anywhere. It is a bad sign.
Pros
Good Quality of work
Cons
Benefits and pay
I've enjoyed working for CAI and have learned a lot
Sr. Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 18, 2018
I've had jobs that were micromanaged and others that allowed me freedom to use my creativity and develop products that hadn't been done before at the company. On the whole, it's been an excellent experience. I've learned how to use many new applications and develop my skills and creativity. I've worked with great teams! The hardest part is constantly learning new applications quickly, keeping up with the expectations of management and understanding their "vision."
Pros
Great Teams of Talented People
Cons
Stress of Constantly Changing Demands and Expectations
Not too bad
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 17, 2018
As an intern over the summer it was not too bad. There was a good amount of freedom on the intern project and good direction given on the actual projects for the company. However, the pay is incredibly low for everyone and the management could do with some upgrades.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Pay
When employers believe in you and show diligence. You will be ok
Toll Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLApril 11, 2018
They are a good company. They gave me good training. Excellent patient people I love working with. I have no complaints. It is unfortunate the contract finished for me and no longer needed my services. No company is perfect but overall they are good company to work with.

Their health insurance is ridiculous. I can not put my wife in the Computer Aid's insurance because Company refuses due to .my wife's job offers her insurance but she and I declined my wife's insurance because its horrible and not worth paying the monthly
Pros
Free Lunches usually, Good working atmosphere. Good employers
Cons
Benefits are not great. I could not put my wife on full health insurance.
constant workplace
Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 11, 2018
straight forward work detail requirements ..
position is not stressful .. always extra hours/ overtime available..
management & co-workers are like family..
Cons
office is extremely cold
Great for employees
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2018
Great place for employees. I learned a lot over several years at different clients. I would absolutely recommend this company. Great benefits and caring approach.
Good Place to Work
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 29, 2018
The company is trying to grow and improve but having some trouble. The office environment is collaborative with open working spaces and many meeting rooms. The work/life balance is great! The Harrisburg office amenities are very nice including fun, morale-boosting events like monthly birthday celebrations for employees, game room, picnics and other events. The pay for employees is average, at best. The paid time off is below average. Management is lacking communication with employees. There is some career advancement but very limited. Overall a good company to work for but definitely could improve. I would recommend to anyone who would great work life balance with lower pay.
Pros
Office Environment & Office Events, Flexibility, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Little PTO, Below Average Pay, Lack of Communuication
Fun place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2018
Striving for an IPO created excitement, Driven Management and great employee moral, The company has been formed by a group of professionals having vivid experience and wide exposure in Information Technology. People involved here are young qualified business graduates and qualified engineers from the renowned universities across the globe.

The resource personnel working in the company have been consistently providing reliable support services and consultancy to a wide variety of corporate houses either in the capacity of executive or as business partner or consultant. Bottom line of the company philosophy is building a long-term business partnership with its clients where interpersonal relationship, reliability, assured quality and target oriented modern technology are the major building blocks.

It is a company where professionals from both technical and functional field group together with an objective of providing appropriate business solutions. It realizes the importance of functional knowledge and its impact in developing business solutions. We constantly strive to be a leading technology firm with profound business and functional knowledge. The key to the company's success is the maintenance of a close working relationship with the clients through ensuring the best possible solutions to their needs; to establish and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of client's objective and help them maximize the benefits.
Pros
people
Avoid at all cost
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 16, 2018
This company’s management will promise you the world but will never stand behind you. If you have a problem that needs to be solved they will not support you they’ll find a way to get rid of you.
Extremely poor management with no regard for you at all. Don’t go to them with a problem because it’ll be the end of your job.
Pros
They’re good at promises
Cons
Management never stands behind you
not easy for one with disabilities
State of DE Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed the work and the comadrie of most co-workers and bosses; however, it was stressful. It was a means to pay the bills; and good work experience.
Pros
salary
Cons
stressful
Good mid-tier consulting organization
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2018
Experience depends on the specific client assignment. In my case, I worked for CAI at one client for 6 months, establishing a PMO to help the client's executive leadership team get greater business value from investments in IT.
computer aid
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 28, 2018
This was my first job in computer field and it was a nice job. It was a contracting job and when I was offer the role at the company I was contracted at I took the role