Computer Aid Employee Reviews

Not long term
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 19, 2018
• Deliver Technical Support (Level 1) to end users via telephone communications
• Perform diagnostic and troubleshooting of system issues and documented detailed driven resolution tickets
• Utilize escalation procedures of Level 2 and 3 tickets to their respective support queues (after providing level 1 support) for proper resolution
• Specialized in internet connectivity, intranet, company hardware, Citrix systems, mobile provisioning, etc.
Great People, bad management
Call Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 18, 2018
Overall a good company with horrible management. The one manager who was there was fired because she lied about reporting salaries, she also did not pay out bonuses as she was supposed to.
most unethical compamy I've ever run across
Application Developer, EmblemHealth (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 10, 2018
This is a company determined to squeeze as much money out of its employees and clients at the same time. By low-balling contracts and grossly underpaying its contractors, there is nothing good to say about this sorry excuse for an enterprise.
Pros
you get paid on time
Cons
too many to mention
Ets
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 7, 2018
● Answered over 100 inbound calls per day.
● Assisted students on scheduling/rescheduling the GRE (general records examination).
● Made outbound calls to college administrators requiring the GRE in reference to student obtaining test scores.
● Took payments in order for students to retrieve scores through ETS/GRE website.
● Provided accurate and appropriate information in response to customer and student inquiries.
● Handled all calls and inquiries in a time efficient manner based on company guidelines.
Ok
Support Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 30, 2018
Time was down to the minute. It was a call center. Looked for a job right after being hired. Was not told it was a call center in the interview. Be more upfront.
Test Track Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Exciting company to work for, they provide you with a rental car so you're able to work. Your typical workday is easy going. Workplace culture is good, everyone is down to earth.
Pros
No hard work
Not a tech company
Senior developer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2018
This place is ok but realize its basically a staffing company and run by sales people that have little knowledge about actual IT or your interests in it.
Also many of yhe roles are maintenance so no new development just maintaining other peoples bad code that was written 10 years ago and not really a way to make major changes.
Great place to start IT Career
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 1, 2018
The work place is enjoyable. There are no jerks you have to deal with, except those on the phone. But the more experience you have, the better the job is.The management is pretty solid.

Don't expect too many raises, or a raise by a large margin. You won't receive any PTO, unless you're a senior technician. This is only for the help desk role. For other positions such as Metrics, and HR, I wouldn't know much. We don't ask around about salary, or benefits & no one is sharing that kind of information.

With that being said, this place is excellent for experience, and career advancement.
Pros
Fun work place, nice people, can gain a ton of experience.
Cons
Have to time breaks carefully, no PTO, callers can be rude.
Very challenging position
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 23, 2018
When I started working there the mission of the company was not clearly defined. Once I learned my mission with the company, then I was OK. The first contract I worked on turned out to be a nice one.
Pros
excellent health benefits.
Computer Aid Review
Computer Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2018
I loved working for Computer Aid at the World Bank. They were extre mely kind and made sure their employees had everything they needed to perform their duties. Management was top-notch, and kind.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Lots of opportunities at client sites
Project Manager / Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 7, 2018
Most positions are off-site, and you may not interact with any other Computer Aid employees. You can also work at their headquarter's location but I have not been there in years so I cannot comment much more.
Service Desk center
Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 31, 2018
This is a Service Desk call center. Providing Service Desk support for multiple clients. This is a fill time job although we work with contracts and clients.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
No cafe, small office, not many posistion in this office so not much room for advancement
Good work environment and benefits. Compensation not maintained
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 14, 2018
Computer Aid, Inc. provided a flexible work environment (when compatible with clients needs). Team members were great to work with and always had a team atmosphere. The ability to grow or learn new skills was left up to the individual, with little company provided training. The company provided good benefits, but compensation seamed available only through promotions.
Pros
Good Benefits, flexible working conditions
Cons
No regular salary increases
It is not a bad company but lacks a lot of mangement.at Florida level.
Field Service Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2018
Management was away in Orlando and rarely assembled us to form a team culture. Our supervisors at Tampa were two Florida State DOT employees. They both were reluctant to assist their CAI subordinates and even help each other to to better serve our customers. These two supervisors never held employee meetings to talk about issues with work or employee conduct. It was a bad organizational climate were back stabbing was rampant.
Four 11 hour days was a good schedule.
Pros
Insurance, paid 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick time
Cons
Nocompany contribution to 401K plan. CAI mangement has no say in DOT decisions about CAI employes
Good company with low pay.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2018
I was paid low wages because of the customer of CAI paying low wages. In other work sites that CAI sent people to I suppose that the salaries were more fair. The company culture is good enough. The benefits are poor. The 401K lost money. There was life insurance and some medical insurance. I don't remember having dental or vision coverage at all but, I could be wrong about not having coverage. Once enrolled in the medical coverage you can't get out until open enrollment. Be careful. Management does give raises but, they are small on top of an already small salary. Management can always be reached by phone but, live in other states and work in different places all the time. Also, the management changes quite often. They take promotions or move on to other work in another company. There is a high turnover for the management. Something rare to see on a job anywhere. It is a bad sign.
Pros
Good Quality of work
Cons
Benefits and pay
I've enjoyed working for CAI and have learned a lot
Sr. Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 18, 2018
I've had jobs that were micromanaged and others that allowed me freedom to use my creativity and develop products that hadn't been done before at the company. On the whole, it's been an excellent experience. I've learned how to use many new applications and develop my skills and creativity. I've worked with great teams! The hardest part is constantly learning new applications quickly, keeping up with the expectations of management and understanding their "vision."
Pros
Great Teams of Talented People
Cons
Stress of Constantly Changing Demands and Expectations
Not too bad
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 17, 2018
As an intern over the summer it was not too bad. There was a good amount of freedom on the intern project and good direction given on the actual projects for the company. However, the pay is incredibly low for everyone and the management could do with some upgrades.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Pay
When employers believe in you and show diligence. You will be ok
Toll Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLApril 11, 2018
They are a good company. They gave me good training. Excellent patient people I love working with. I have no complaints. It is unfortunate the contract finished for me and no longer needed my services. No company is perfect but overall they are good company to work with.

Their health insurance is ridiculous. I can not put my wife in the Computer Aid's insurance because Company refuses due to .my wife's job offers her insurance but she and I declined my wife's insurance because its horrible and not worth paying the monthly
Pros
Free Lunches usually, Good working atmosphere. Good employers
Cons
Benefits are not great. I could not put my wife on full health insurance.
constant workplace
Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 11, 2018
straight forward work detail requirements ..
position is not stressful .. always extra hours/ overtime available..
management & co-workers are like family..
Cons
office is extremely cold
Great for employees
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2018
Great place for employees. I learned a lot over several years at different clients. I would absolutely recommend this company. Great benefits and caring approach.