Computer Enterprises, Inc. (CEI) Employee Reviews

Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 30, 2019
Fantastic environment and great management. Pay is equal to work experience. Training for additional opportunities is provided free. Company emphasizes Team collaboration and promotes the values of servant leadership. Highly recommend working for this organization.
Gossipy, favoritism, lack of orginazation
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 3, 2019
Laid back to a fault - management would show no helpful guidance then lecture employees for not performing up to their particular standards. Would only give opportunity to employees who were basically "friends" and the other newer workers were treated poorly and unable to find success. Turn around was awful and if you accept a job here you will be on the market again in under 6 months. Most of the employees were miserable and would leave the office once an hour to go gossip and smoke outside. Although management was nice and the culture was more laid back and relaxed, there seemed to be a lot of unfair processes happening.
Productive and Close Working Team
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2019
I enjoyed working for CEI, the mix of personalities here was quite a refreshing experiencing and my bosses were very understanding when things in life would come up. It took a bit to learn the system used for data editing but once I learned it it was very easy to use. I think my favorite part of the job was definitely the people I was working with.
Pros
Team get togethers, great management, easy to use software
Cons
Small benefits, contract based
Completely metrics driven and extremely high turnover rate.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 28, 2019
I've never seen such a metrics-driven environment. It's more like a high-level sales environment than recruiting itself. Management has a disconnect from other offices and have expectations almost impossible to meet with the ever changing requirements. They don't give employees the tools to succeed and make it obvious that they can be replaced easily. The stacks are more against you than helping you to be successful.
Pros
Environment is relaxed
Cons
Comission is extremely difficult to get and work is borderline impossible
gd
Where house manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 14, 2018
I liked it there private owner treated every one well good pay good work environment goods benefits fast paced fun and open for advancement would work again if I could
Great company to work for.
Core Java Developer, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
My contact person is very responsive as is the human resource department. I work as a contractor for another company where the development position is very busy but very interesting. The team I have been placed on is exceptionally cooperative and the people are very pleasant to work with.
Great company
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 27, 2018
Smart, professional, supportive, business savvy people work here. Very pleasant to work with their team who are in touch with the ever changing business opportunities in the growing Pittsburgh area
Great Place for Career Growth
Other Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2018
Coming into CEI I wanted a place that would let me grow, stretch my thought and ability, and be a value add and not just another number. The management team and my department have let me do that. I really think they have their employees in mind when they make decisions. Truly a fun and exciting environment daily.
Pros
Growth, advancement, laid-back dress code, Be apart of growing organization.
Productive place to learn from
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
I learned alot from other peers. Great coworkers. good work life balance, great training. role plays and great feedback from team lead. I larned alot about the tech world since being here,
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 13, 2017
First job
Did menial things
was paid minimum wages, were scared to carry people on bench
high presser work environment
not much avenue to progress, management was on all the time.
Fast-paced environment with heavy workloads.
Controller (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2017
May be rewarding for individuals in sales, others are not treated the same. Upper-management is reluctant to spend money on the proper tools needed to accomplish the results required.
Cons
Benefits not the best
A Typical Staff Augmentation Firm
Senior Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
No dedication to their employees. High turnover. The company severely limits the income of their employees while demanding excessive levels of dedication and performance
Pros
Cons
Enery
Relaxed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2017
Not much interaction with supervisors. Once delivered to the contract organization, you're pretty much left alone. Unless there is a need be informed of anything, you don't hear anything.
Metrics driven
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 12, 2017
There's the potential to earn a lot of commission but management and metrics put the odds against you. Benefits are lacking. CEO is extremely metrics driven and disconnected with the branch's status outside of the numbers. Lack of leadership and development leads to a very high turnover rate.
fun workplace
Advertising Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 11, 2016
•the most enjoyable part of the job
•the hardest part of the job
•a typical day at work
•management
i enjoy more than work
•what you learned
Pros
free shoping
Cons
healthcare
Privately owned body shop
Senior Key Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2012
Small company with lots of turnover. Good place to get feet wet for sales in staffing but not a permanent home long term. Management loves to micromanage and over manage despite lack of management experience.
Pros
good starting point
Cons
too many