Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews

co workers were great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYNovember 2, 2017
Fast paced enviorment, always something new to learn. Lots of changes constantly from week to week. Coworkers were great. You do always have to be there, so if you like to take a lot of days off this is not the place for you. Although they are very good with letting you take off for Dr appt's if you have them. There are no snow days here. There is always plenty of full time work avalible. Very hard to get part time here. There is a big turn around in coworkers and its hard to advance here if your college days are over.
Pros
Theres always someone celebrating something lots of pot lucks
Cons
communication with team leads
Loved working at CSC for many years.
Manger- Special Projects/Training/ Accounting (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 31, 2017
Great place to work. I was treated fairly throughout my career. My only complaint would be work/life balance. However, that was in 2011 :) I am sure it has changed by now.
Fun
Background Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2017
great place and people. you learned a lot of policy. There was always work to be done 24 hours a day. You met all kind of people there. supervisor was awesome.
Pros
great
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 25, 2017
Friendly culture in work environment .Good benefits are provided to employees. I had learned new technologies and worked on many tools. Good experience working with this company.
Great
Warranty Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2017
Good steady work with friendly co workers. They also had great programs.
It's the best company I have ever worked for. The work conditions was the best.
Pros
Everything was great
good first time job
Programmer/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 13, 2017
the job required design, code and use of a network data base on an Univac-1100 for a manufacturing management information system, a material ordering and tracking system and a manpower management system
Assists the Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEOctober 12, 2017
Productive. Enjoyed conducting the job but the management was less than desirable. Had a few issues with the top management and decided to move on...
Great company to work with
Project Lead - QA (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 12, 2017
Great company to work with.Learned a lot during my tenure here. Currently leading automation team with like minded people. Management is supportive and work life balance is great.
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 11, 2017
Encouraging People. It is a fast growing organization having competitive environment. Encourages new ideas and new talents.
Friendly and fun workplace.
Poor Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 10, 2017
From the top of the company, this is a poorly run company with lack of people skills. While they cut benefits and let go good workers, they have not provided any raises in 5 years. The VPs are getting bonuses and raises while the employees get nothing in return.
Pros
Good work enviornment
Cons
Poor compensation/benefits
excellant job,
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYOctober 9, 2017
I loved my job there it helped lot of people salary was decent,
Paid holidays, vacation I loved being on first shift, we had great projects games comunication was good, I love my co workers we were great friends we helped each other,,It was great place to work and make friends and work
Pros
off on weekends, and holidays
Cons
work could be stressful when behind on quota having to work ot
Fast paced
Document Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2017
I enjoyed very much the work that I did at CSC. The work was not boring and each day brought a new set of challenges. Hours were long. My manager and the people I worked with were great.
Cons
too many hours
Great work place
Customer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 7, 2017
The managers and staff all worked together to make the day very enjoyable. We never had to have special reason to do a pot luck. Talking to people around the world.
Pros
They closed the section I was working in.
Cons
Workers and Management.
means to an end
Aircraft Lead / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 6, 2017
Computer Science Corporation won the contract where I had already been working. They came in a computer company thinking that they could work on aircraft. They were sadly mistaken. They changed everything we were doing which cause them to have a mass layoff and shortly after 2 years there were kicked out of contract
good opportunity for experience
Electronic Technician NVD (Current Employee) –  BagrāmOctober 6, 2017
good opportunity for experience, gained substantial knowledge and experience in networking, electronics, and troubleshooting multiple devices and electronic programs
Pros
experience and knowledge
Cons
deployed to various locations in harsh and combat environments
Very interesting place to work. No Teamwork or Management
Sub-Contractor, Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bath, MEOctober 5, 2017
My experience at CSC was hands on. There is no direction/management or onboarding. As a Contractor, you are expected to earn your salary from day one.
Pros
Working on Projects with Bath/Iron Works
Cons
Very poor management and organizational structure
CSC handles Goverment Contracts
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 4, 2017
First IT job, very relaxed. Work place was at Naval Air Station in Pensacola. First job experience working with COBOL, JCL, TSO.
Multiple mainframes; some IBM some UNIVAC.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not a lot of variety to work
Professional and knowledgeable.
Senior Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2017
Working with CSC was fulfilling, exciting, and educational. Working in a work center that evolved around innovative and exceptional expertise in the field of 'Computer Network Analysis'. The leadership was outstanding in knowledge of particular subject matter and very helpful with analysis when needed. The co-workers all worked together and solved issues as succinct as possible without any hesitation. Working with people of such high caliber expertise was the most rewarding part of the job. The toughest part about the job was the minimal research needed and sometimes required to analyze an issue to a final conclusion.
Pros
Working with professionals
Cons
None that I can think of.
Computer Science Corporation
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Point Mugu, CASeptember 30, 2017
Because I was part of the team that kept electronic equipment in working order for computer monitoring of various electronic functions, each day was varied and interesting, as well as educational.
I learned how to fix equipment and how to do other similar actions that helped me to learn how to fix things, of which I found helpful to my logical mind.
The people I worked with were friendly and helpful in what we did and management was always right there when you needed them.
The hardest part of the job was trying to learn things faster than what I was doing, as I found there were so much to learn even when I thought I'd learned everything already.
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking an active part in missile launchings, space shuttle lift-offs/monitoring/landings, and other various monitoring functions.
Good place to work, but going through many changes
Senior Program Manager (On Client Site - Pentagon) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 24, 2017
I would still be there but we lost our government contract.
Its a very good place where people were fun to work with. However, CSC split into two companies and the government part I was under bought SRA and combined to make CSRA
Cons
CSC was a solid company and reorganized into CSRA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Science Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.