Computer Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time there
Equipment Control Officer/Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJuly 2, 2018
I liked working there. It was just fine. I went to work and did my job. Wasn't micro managed. Wasn't abandoned either. I would've stayed but I had to move due to wifes commitment.
hectic and unorganized
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2018
I have done all that I can do for the organization at this time. Does not support employees going to school. Over works and under pays their employees.
Great place to learn more about computers and computer repair.
COMPUTER TECH (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAMay 24, 2018
Great place to work. I learned alot about customer service and general computer repair. I also worked with customers so i had to have customer service skills and go the extra mile for them as to help service there computer system needs. I ran the front desk so i had to get use to the database we used for entering systems into to document customer addresses and contacts and pricing.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Not enough work hours only part-time.
Challenging place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 23, 2018
This place was once a great place to work. It's been over a year since I've worked there and I've heard from former employees that things in this company have gone downhill.
Pros
hour lunches, great benefits
Cons
favoritism runs rampant in this place
Laid back work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work would be to open and set-up store. Go over appointments for the day, start answering phones to make appointments. I learned to work with Microsoft Office and Spreadsheet. There where always new customers interested in fixing there computers so you had to give great customers service. The hardest part of the job is not being able to fix a customers computer because it was to damaged, the best part was getting the job done and having a satisfied customer.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No vacation time
Software Development
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701May 21, 2018
My opportunities at Computer Science, Inc., back in Elizabethtown, Kentucky in the mid-80's before college was quite a learning experience before the start of my college studies.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Short-term
Loved this company
Call Clerk Anaylist (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 8, 2018
I spent 10 years with CSI. The company was very family orientated. I loved the department I worked in. Very reputable. A lot of the people I worked with there are now retired.
Great way to start a career in financial crimes
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 5, 2018
As a fraud analyst, I used various programs and tools provided to me to detect counterfeit fraud on debit cards. The department acted as a third party processor for several hundred community banks domestically. Very fast past paced and somewhat stressful work environment however it is very rewarding.
Pros
Paid time off and other discounts and perks as well as work life balance
Cons
A large part of this role involves talking to customer's that can be somewhat rude
Telecommunications Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 28, 2018
Really enjoyed working at Computer Services Inc. Great place to work. Environment is a collaboration of technical experience. Environment was friendly and enjoyable.
Enjoyed working for A: Computer Services
Managing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 22, 2018
Small Business and the owner was very understanding.

Enjoyed working with people on the sales floor and growing with small company.

Great environment!
Great Work Enviroment
Tier 1 Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 3, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at CSI. Was a wonderful experience and most definitely facilitated in ones growth in the Information Technology industry. The daily work environment was fast paced yet very rewarding.
A good employer, generally, except for Customer Resource Center
Customer Resource Center/PC Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 6, 2017
For anyone working in a department other than the Customer Resource Center, CSI is probably a solid option. I would not recommend taking any position in the Customer Resource Center due to the lack of training and lack of accountability of other departments within the organization relative to the Customer Resource Center.
Pros
Pay and benefits are above average
Cons
Rigid schedule and work routine
Confused Employees and uniformed managers
Quality Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73111October 13, 2017
I was a quality control associate, which was a position that was meant to be a job for two people. I was promised help for three months and was extremely tired every day due to the physical nature of this job. The managers here not only play favorites quite a bit, but they also trash talk their employees and and fellow managers.
A history of great corporate culture marred by rapid growth and greed.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 10, 2017
This is a national company and your results will vary based on your location and direct management. Long story short you will come across a lot of backstabbing and subversive people. Deep down it is a good company at the core but the stressful hours travel and *recent* cultural issues will leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Pros
Good history as a company and quality high level management.
Cons
Excessive travel expectations and fear mongering
Poor Management/Lack of caring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 3, 2017
Poor Place to work, Management never looked into helping out. Always push things off and stated there wasn't an issue. Claimed they would hire within but always looked outside company to fill positions.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor Management, no room to advance, only look out for themself
Culture is the Key!
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2017
They treat you like family.
They strive for balance.
They promote community.
They value training and hard work.
Most important is that they want to provide a superior culture for both employees and customers!
Poor pay, outdated management
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 29, 2017
Good working environment, but IT pay well below industry averages. Older management that are reluctant to change and very conservative. No remote work, and director in Fort Collins doesn't like to be challenged and is a fierce micromanager.
Pros
Nice work areas in Fort Collins
Cons
No advancement, very little pay, director is a micromanager, old time management, makes promises like pay increases they don't keep (many examples to many employees), easy to let people go
Great People
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2017
Solid coworkers. Work hard atmosphere. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. A great place to work if you're looking for job security. Constantly growing as well.
Took a stint in starting a side business
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAJune 26, 2017
This was a side business, and I was my own boss, although this was not a lucrative business. I did this for some extra money besides doing other odd jobs.
Good if you want job security without much pay increase
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 21, 2017
CSI has been in business for over 50 years, constantly turning a profit and never borrowing money to acquire other companies along the years.

To start with, this company is a 'PINK' sheet stock without any intentions to convert to a blue chip stock, I would ask yourself why? The president of the company stated they will probably never convert in an internal employee meeting.

Look at competitors such as Jack Henry ($100 a share), Fiserv ($120 a share) but CSI is merely $43 dollars. I would strongly take a moment to let that sink in, if your looking for a Career.... not a job.

If a company this big WITHOUT debt that constantly grows and MAKES profits every year, why would a company keep their stock OTCBB? CSI has to make profits for shareholders and dividends, so they take employee incentives away, cut budgets, imply pay caps, ect. Jack Henry and Fiserv both have a significant amount of debt but their stocks are more than double!?! If a company is so great, why are they holding it back?

There is much political play power involved as well, if you do not fit in with the crowd or have things in common, do not expect to advance within this company.

If you like to keep your head down, come in on time, do your job, take small pay raises, then this is a lifetime career for you. I would suggest looking elsewhere if you are ambitious and have career outlook goals.
Pros
cost of living raises is all you get (if that), health insurance
Cons
no employee programs, no raises, work hard = nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight