Computer Systems Institute Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2019
Great place to work! The students are the best and management allows and encourages creativity in the classroom. The downfall was the pay. There was a flat rate but you could pick up extra hours sometimes.
Pros
Able to be creative in Education
Cons
Pay
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Ingeniero en sistemas (Former Employee) –  Santo domingoJanuary 30, 2019
Me aceptaron por ser meritorio en el desarrollo de mis clases
Pros
Te dan oportunidad para estudiar
Cons
No era muy buen salario
good place to teach, but few hours
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 22, 2019
This is a god place to build up teaching experience, but there are not always many possibilities to teach. I would like to see more possibilities to teach over at these campuses.
Place to work and to grow!!
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 14, 2018
I work with students on a daily basis, supporting their academic needs. This place provides all you need - work, benefits, and support. The rest is up to you. I experienced difficulties and hard time at first, but any new place takes time to learn and adjust. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated students who work so hard and never complain.
Pros
Opportunity to grow, benefits, easy access to information
Cons
None so far
Computer Systems Institute
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MA 02129October 3, 2018
the management,missing no communications, and the don't treat the employer fairly.
but I learned about the costumer service and and work was group
Pros
work us a teem
not a good school for instructors or students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 15, 2018
mgt was bad. no benefits. students had weapons in the classroom.the dean was a total monster. I would never send a family member there to study or a friend to work there
Pros
it was a job
Cons
everything
Productive work place with professional teachers and proper equipment to teach students skills
Medical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 23, 2018
My typical day at work was preparing the students to take Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy exam. While I was there I learned that you can not trust every one that smile in your face because while they smiling in your face saying good things about you all the same time they trying to find a plot to get rid of you. I learn that Computer System Institute and are users.
I manage to teach my students phlebotomy, EKG, Anatomy, Billing and Coding. i also prep them for their certification test.
Everyone at Computer System was not nice. Environment was nice. The hardest part of the job is preparing the students for certification.
I really enjoyed the hands on that the students had. enjoyed the smile and excitement they get on their face when they pass they certification and get their licence. it makes me fill good to know that I help some pass their certification and get a licence to work in the medical field so that they can make a living for their family.
that filling feels great.
Pros
long breaks, great pay
Cons
over work healthcare team
Perfect stressless place for entry-level positions
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 21, 2018
Feels like home, but not much career advancement.
People are very friendly and willing to help anytime you ask.
It's a good place to work if you are just starting your career in Educational or Business Field.Working hours are flexible. You have an Optional Insurance coverage( Dental is free)
CSI's Vision with blurred lines
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
To start with the good, it's a good place to start if you have never gained any professional experience before. You can learn a lot here.
My fellow staff members are what keep me going throughout the day and students can be enjoyable to speak with so many people around the world. Also, you will have independence to do your job.

But, that's assuming you will survive long enough...

MA staff is not treated the same as IL staff. We are almost invisible in their eyes even though we operate the largest campus here. Expect to be a worker bee with no voice because if you complain, then HR will punish you since management won't take accountability.

There's practically no benefits, the compensation is extremely low (30K) and a second job is recommended. There is also no significant appreciation from management, not even holiday parties at the office (unless you're in IL).

I'm really confused with how CSI is looking toward the future because it seems like a slow decline for them at this point.
Pros
Cons
Senior Management, Hr, Compensation
Nice people
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2018
its a great place to work but the salary could be more competitive the people are diverse but very nice the work culture is great my experience was great the students can be challenging but nothing you cant deal with staff was pleasant the location is easy and accessible there is a shuttle to and from public transportation if the salary was more competitive I would still be working there today
Pros
great location with shuttles to and from public transportation
Cons
salary was not as high as the going market salaries
fair and balanced adjunct position
Part-time Adjunct ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 22, 2018
workplace culture is positive. the most enjoyable part of the job is becoming acquainted with people from diverse backgrounds. The pay per hour is above standard.
Nice place to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Great place to work. Staff was great to work with and full of energy. Everyone was very willing to help if you had questions. Management was never on top of you.
Not this company
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this company due to this students. However, this school was a scam and forced us to lie about placing students in their career to continue to be funded by FASFA. There was no room for growth and Mo training.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2017
This school was going through obtaining their credentials for an educational facility. I did enjoy teaching and must say no one who left my classes with any grade under a B.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Temporary
Coding and Billing Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 6, 2017
This was a great instructor position, until they went out of business and all the employees lost their jobs and students were not lacking their certifications.
Pros
Great for career change
Cons
went out of business
Teaching adults to receive acreditation in Adobe products
Adjunct Graphic Design Instructor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 1, 2017
It was wonderful working there. I was able to use all my experience as an instructor to help working adults come up to speed in Adobe products. They were always engage and willing to learn.
Pros
Able to use my extensive experience as an instructor
Cons
Not enough hours
Great people to work with not so great pay/hours and no benefits
Certified Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 27, 2017
Worked there for over five years and had not benefits or holiday pay or vacation/sick time. Had to request time and time again for reviews and raises. Took a very long time to get competitive salary.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No benefits and cut hours
More drama than a Khardashian season
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAOctober 23, 2017
I am not one for drama and although every office has its drama, this place is too full of it.
This is a culture of drama and backstabbing here.
The management is not good at all and human resources department is really lacking in morals.
This is like working in a playpen filled with toddlers and egg shells and you best not step on an eggshell.
As much as I enjoy some of my colleagues and the students I work with.
It's just become a very hostile working environment and it's no good for me at this time.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Management, Human Resources, Drama, Backstabbing, Hostile Environment
Worked for school funds
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 13, 2017
There was not much to do as a student but the people were great. There were things I learned with office management which was interesting and helped me with jobs after finishing time with CSI.
Treated like slave
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 23, 2017
Acted like I was a child and treated me as such. Kept me in a back office for hours at a time and all they had me do was make new student packets, and they lied about everything.
Pros
good pay
Cons
treated bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Systems Institute. Our community is ready to answer.