Computer Systems Institute Employee Reviews in Elgin, IL

Productive work place with professional teachers and proper equipment to teach students skills
Medical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 23, 2018
My typical day at work was preparing the students to take Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy exam. While I was there I learned that you can not trust every one that smile in your face because while they smiling in your face saying good things about you all the same time they trying to find a plot to get rid of you. I learn that Computer System Institute and are users.
I manage to teach my students phlebotomy, EKG, Anatomy, Billing and Coding. i also prep them for their certification test.
Everyone at Computer System was not nice. Environment was nice. The hardest part of the job is preparing the students for certification.
I really enjoyed the hands on that the students had. enjoyed the smile and excitement they get on their face when they pass they certification and get their licence. it makes me fill good to know that I help some pass their certification and get a licence to work in the medical field so that they can make a living for their family.
that filling feels great.
Pros
long breaks, great pay
Cons
over work healthcare team
Great management team
STUDENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 12, 2017
Working with students, management was always willing to help assist if needed, very supportive, and always willing to help you grow. Everyone worked as a team, working for one goal, the benefit of the student. No matter what department you worked in everyone came together as a school as it should be. Nothing was above anyone, and everyone was always willing to assist to ensure our students were taken care of properly.
Pros
1 hour lunch, support
Cons
work a holic company
Faculty was enjoyable to work with
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 7, 2016
CSI prepares untraditional students for traditional jobs. Broad student base from all walks of life. Most programs are 8 months long. Each faculty member would teach "modules" involving different subjects.

Most enjoyable - teaching students a new subject and preparing them for it.

Least enjoyable - many students not motivated to learn. Some students were there simply to be able to avoid looking for a job and collected unemployment while attending class.
Pros
good curriulum, texts, additional teaching aids
Cons
unmotivated students, uncaring upper management
poor management
High School Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 25, 2016
management was not as productive

co workers were willing to help others if needed

Enjoyed the face to face interaction with prospective students
Productive busy overstaffed office
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 10, 2015
My typical day included heavy phone contact with customers regarding their account payments, setting up payments and calculating early payoffs and advising about accounts. I worked as a team with other co-workers from other parts of the office if they needed payments drafted or payoff calculations. Advised if contact was made with a customer so they can follow-up and visa versa. Hardest part was learning to do payoff calculations. Most enjoyable was when customers called to pay off their accounts that took my numbers down.
Pros
Birthday lunches, Christmas bonuses and appreciation days
Cons
No cons
csi
Medical Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 7, 2015
I wish that the job would have been long term. this job let me know that the medical field was for me and not as a medical assistaint.
Enjoyed workiing there very much
Financial Aid Specialist (FWS) (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 17, 2013
Was working on a work/ study program which lasted 3 months wish it could have been longer Great people to work with
Review
Computer NEtworking Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ilAugust 13, 2012
A typical day involved the supervision of 25 students to complete all computer networking Labs efficiently and correctly. After class Grades, attendance and the next class needed to be prepared.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not full time
Rewarding position
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, IllinoisMarch 4, 2012
A great place to start your career and learn the ins and outs of sales.