Computer Systems Institute Employee Reviews in Skokie, IL

Place to work and to grow!!
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 14, 2018
I work with students on a daily basis, supporting their academic needs. This place provides all you need - work, benefits, and support. The rest is up to you. I experienced difficulties and hard time at first, but any new place takes time to learn and adjust. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated students who work so hard and never complain.
Pros
Opportunity to grow, benefits, easy access to information
Cons
None so far
Great colleagues, fairly well organized
employee (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 29, 2017
This is a visa-granting school for international students. This isn't necessarily a terrible thing, and the teachers and staff do offer good service. Students run the gamut from motivated ones with a reason to learn, to those who are barely there at all. There's been turmoil lately; their accreditor lost its standing with the US Dept of Education, and so due to immigration law CSI can no longer offer visas for students in ESL courses. As a result, they have switched all their students over to business curricula, which can offer visas without an accreditation requirement.
Pros
Dedicated staff and colleagues
Cons
Low compensation
Interesting Independent Work helping others
Adjunct Instructor - QuickBooks (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 18, 2016
I am enjoying my experience working at Computer Systems Institute because with my work I can help students new to the US gain skills needed to succeed.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Late Hours
Can be a stressful environment when meeting deadlines.
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 9, 2015
Computer Systems Institute is overrated in job assistance and limited on particular courses that they provide in computer technology.
Pros
Financial Aid Assistance
Cons
High employee turnaround.
Nice position to work as a team with Admissions process
Admissions Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 23, 2013
Reporting, Monitoring lead flow, delegating projects, training others that I oversee. Work closely with key dept. to process effectively. Hardest part of the job is all the process that are put in place are short cut or ignored by few that ruins it for many. The most enjoyable part of my work is the rewards knowing what I don will change prospects futures and the accomplishments I achieve daily.
Pros
employee package with healthcare, 401k, profit sharing
Cons
Hr, lack of communication between departments