Computer Systems Institute Employee Reviews for Admission Representative

CSI's Vision with blurred lines
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
To start with the good, it's a good place to start if you have never gained any professional experience before. You can learn a lot here.
My fellow staff members are what keep me going throughout the day and students can be enjoyable to speak with so many people around the world. Also, you will have independence to do your job.

But, that's assuming you will survive long enough...

MA staff is not treated the same as IL staff. We are almost invisible in their eyes even though we operate the largest campus here. Expect to be a worker bee with no voice because if you complain, then HR will punish you since management won't take accountability.

There's practically no benefits, the compensation is extremely low (30K) and a second job is recommended. There is also no significant appreciation from management, not even holiday parties at the office (unless you're in IL).

I'm really confused with how CSI is looking toward the future because it seems like a slow decline for them at this point.
Pros
Cons
Senior Management, Hr, Compensation
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 27, 2015
It's enriching to help other people lives. Do your job and they will work with you. There seems to be little room for growth being that everyone in leadership has been there for years. I love it and I hate to leave to explore other opportunities for leadership. They give you a paid off day for your birthday too.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
For me its the distance from Chicago to Gurnee
An open and honest workplace. Very encouraging.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Working with the manager of my department was the most rewarding part of my job. Outstanding leadership. It was a fun job, working in admissions, because you got the chance to change students lives..
Horrible Company & School
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 21, 2013
Working here was an awful experience. Management has no clue what they're doing. A lot of fictitious titles are going around too. When in all reality the core of the school relies on the admissions department.

For example, you have a campus president walking around the campus when all they do is walk around giving high fives literally. For what? I have no clue, maybe because they found out Dunkin' Donuts got a new shipment in. (Dunkin' Donuts is located conveniently across the parking lot from the Gurnee,IL campus)

They let anyone into the school felons, drug addicts, and illiterate people who don't even have the capacity to understand the coursework. The sad part is the school doesn't have the resources in order to aid individuals with their learning disabilities. Anyone can be an instructor at this school, janitors end up becoming campus presidents and students becoming principles within months. Sadly, the instructors constantly bad mouth the student body, and once informed me, "Most students here are only testing at a sixth grade level in all areas."

It's a very unfortunate situation for anyone dealing with that school,whether staff or students. The degrees they provide for the students serve no purpose, and will in the long run cost them more debt then what they'll be earning. I'm glad I put my moral conscious before the low pay they were giving me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, RUN FAR FAR AWAY!!

As a former employee, and a local native from the targeted demographic (Waukegan, North Chicago, Libertyville, Gurnee, Zion, Mundelein, Lake Bluff, Round Lake, Lake
  more... Villa) the school serviced; I feel it is my duty to make individuals in the area aware of the scam the school is running. Most importantly, I wont stop till they either change their polices or get shut down.

If you're considering working, at or attending this school ask the following questions to yourself . Do I take my career seriously? Will I want to find other opportunities after attending, or working for Computer Systems Institute? If you answered yes to these questions than I would consider looking elsewhere, because working or attending here can seriously tarnish your image. The place is a joke!
Pros
Ample Parking
Cons
Low Pay, Poor management, Disorganized infrastructure at all levels