Computer Systems Institute Employee Reviews for Instructor

not a good school for instructors or students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 15, 2018
mgt was bad. no benefits. students had weapons in the classroom.the dean was a total monster. I would never send a family member there to study or a friend to work there
Pros
it was a job
Cons
everything
Productive work place with professional teachers and proper equipment to teach students skills
Medical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 23, 2018
My typical day at work was preparing the students to take Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy exam. While I was there I learned that you can not trust every one that smile in your face because while they smiling in your face saying good things about you all the same time they trying to find a plot to get rid of you. I learn that Computer System Institute and are users.
I manage to teach my students phlebotomy, EKG, Anatomy, Billing and Coding. i also prep them for their certification test.
Everyone at Computer System was not nice. Environment was nice. The hardest part of the job is preparing the students for certification.
I really enjoyed the hands on that the students had. enjoyed the smile and excitement they get on their face when they pass they certification and get their licence. it makes me fill good to know that I help some pass their certification and get a licence to work in the medical field so that they can make a living for their family.
that filling feels great.
Pros
long breaks, great pay
Cons
over work healthcare team
Faculty was enjoyable to work with
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 7, 2016
CSI prepares untraditional students for traditional jobs. Broad student base from all walks of life. Most programs are 8 months long. Each faculty member would teach "modules" involving different subjects.

Most enjoyable - teaching students a new subject and preparing them for it.

Least enjoyable - many students not motivated to learn. Some students were there simply to be able to avoid looking for a job and collected unemployment while attending class.
Pros
good curriulum, texts, additional teaching aids
Cons
unmotivated students, uncaring upper management
Very enjoyable atmosphere alongside co-workers
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
I enjoy what I do with my everyday students. I enjoy teaching others how to become proper and professional Medical Assistants. When taking my students to the clinical lab, it is like a breath of fresh air. My students minds are ready to learn and they enjoy the experience that I have to offer. They adhere to my directions whether its learning how to properly perform venipuncture, injections or performing an EKG.
Pros
Positive atmosphere.
Cons
Shool is being closed.
Fun Place To Work
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 4, 2016
I find Computer Systems Institute a very loyal school t their students. CSI was always working toward the current trends of IT to provide the best education for their students.
Pros
Great Place To Work
Cons
Enjoyable position which allowed me to better understand people and where they come from.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2015
This position was an interesting experience which allowed me to improve my people skills by taking on the challenge of teaching an English as Second Language (ESL) course.
Great Student interaction; Opportunity to be effective in Student Growth
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of being an instructor at CSI was the opportunity to impact students who needed direction in life. The program and curriculum for their orientation class was appropriate and exciting to teach. The co-workers were dedicated to making sure students understood the discipline in which they were interested. The management had trouble placing students in jobs because the balance between retention and learning accountability was tilted toward retention. Too often students were unprepared to complete the program because they could not pass certification requirements. As adults there needed to be a higher bar and more benchmarks to make sure students were prepared for the workforce.
Pros
Great co-workers; Very helpful; Shared freely anything needed
Cons
Management was too friendly with students and accountability was not effective because of this
Education
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
I enjoy working with the students, however our managment needs to improve.
Pros
salary and students
Cons
management opportunities
Educator/Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 1, 2014
Depending on what classes I am given for the 4 week module I teach from the time I walk in till I leave.
I am teaching ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM advanced courses. The hardest part of this is reminding my students that guidelines are the most important part of teaching and the hardest theory to get across to the students. That if you just read these guidelines your questions will be answered.
Most rewarding career I have ever had in my life. I not just an instructor I am a life coach.
Pros
Students, and everything I get to know about them and teach them
Cons
Hours I work splits