Computer Systems Institute Culture reviews

fair and balanced adjunct position
Part-time Adjunct ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 22, 2018
workplace culture is positive. the most enjoyable part of the job is becoming acquainted with people from diverse backgrounds. The pay per hour is above standard.
Nice place to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Great place to work. Staff was great to work with and full of energy. Everyone was very willing to help if you had questions. Management was never on top of you.
Great people to work with not so great pay/hours and no benefits
Certified Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 27, 2017
Worked there for over five years and had not benefits or holiday pay or vacation/sick time. Had to request time and time again for reviews and raises. Took a very long time to get competitive salary.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No benefits and cut hours
More drama than a Khardashian season
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAOctober 23, 2017
I am not one for drama and although every office has its drama, this place is too full of it.
This is a culture of drama and backstabbing here.
The management is not good at all and human resources department is really lacking in morals.
This is like working in a playpen filled with toddlers and egg shells and you best not step on an eggshell.
As much as I enjoy some of my colleagues and the students I work with.
It's just become a very hostile working environment and it's no good for me at this time.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Management, Human Resources, Drama, Backstabbing, Hostile Environment
Multicultural enviroment
International Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2016
The school provides great programs for international students. Everyday I was meeting new people from all over the world. I met wonderful human beings and was able to see their progress. Most of my co-workers were also amazing. The most difficult part of my job was to deal with disappointed students. The most rewarding part was helping students to achieve their goals.
Pros
free Tuesday soup, my own office, co-workers
Cons
ending job at 6 or 7 pm, salary
poor management
High School Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 25, 2016
management was not as productive

co workers were willing to help others if needed

Enjoyed the face to face interaction with prospective students
learned a lot from this company
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 9, 2016
Fun place to work ,grow and explore my talents. Staffs were very supportive and helpful.
My most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and interacting with the students.
I enjoyed each and every moment here .
Productive and very fun atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2016
Working downtown at Computer Systems Institute (CSI) was a very fun experience. The bosses and workers are very helpful and understanding. A typical day at work for me was making and answering phone calls, filing and organizing documents, checking inventory, and setting up and supervising events. I learned greater communication and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part was the very comfortable atmosphere they have.
Pros
Fun coworkers, understanding people
Cons
short breaks
fun place
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2015
great place to learn new stuff, methods in different areas, how to be proactive person, very open mind to a lot of cultures around the wold
I like it here
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
Could use better immediate management. Delegators don't work well with professionals. Things are always changing and requirements of instructors is shifted everyday.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, culture politics, arbitrary terminations
Interractive
Campus Ambassador for International Students (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
My duties used to be various at the very beginning but then it slowed down. I learned mostly by myself clerk/administration stuff as customer service too working with international student everyday. My coworkers were the greatest and hardworking people I have ever met.
The best thing working here is that I learned and interact with some many cultures and people from all over the world who became my friends.
A great environment with humble individuals
Clerical Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2014
A typical day at work would involve customer service, keeping files in order and workplace cleanliness. I learned how to work under pressure, how to create IDs and how to respond to angry and irritable customers. The management was great, I followed instructions and completed tasks throughout the day as asked. The hardest part of the job was being let go because I wanted to continue my experience and broaden my knowledge of the workplace better. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and participating in interacting with other co-workers.
Pros
Clean, friendly, humble
Cons
Not enough time spent