Computer World Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Help Desk/Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed the people, money, training, management and 401k. Lots of good times. Got the help people, good training. Good drive. Military people are the best.
Pros
Money
Cons
Contract
good place to work
Dispatcher/Supervisor (nightshift) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2018
CWS is a 3PL company that is based out of Gary IN. I worked at the Ford Assembly Plant in Chicago IL with the company. it was fast paced and exciting.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
night shift
cws
Packer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYMay 6, 2018
my time at cws was not that great, not only were other co workers mean and disrespectful soemtimes the managers didnt care what you said or how you felt. if you do not feel comfortable where you are they will not move you to another spot.
Defense Personal Property System Agent (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL 62208April 7, 2018
Good place to work. Great people to work with. Could have provided more training. Fast-pace environment, stressful. Was not enough pay. Overall, liked working there.
lots of work no benefits
Aerial Lineman (fiber) (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKFebruary 28, 2018
We worked entirely too much for no benefits. Having income issues nobody would actually work on a solution. You can Google any fiber position and you will see that nobody makes less than 20 bucks an hour. However working for CWS almost everybody made less than 20 bucks an hour. On average I would say we made around 8 to $12 an hour. Half the time management fought with each other, while the owner came in and micromanaged work sites he didn't even understand.
Pros
sometimes, we would get offered a free meal for increased production
Cons
too many to list
Salesforce- QA/Senior Automation engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTFebruary 5, 2018
Very good place to work,healthy atmosphere,Management support,Helping people to resolve the issues. I have enjoyed a lot to work in this place and didn't face any issues.
productive fun fast paced
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 1, 2018
I was a temp through staffworks, they rarely hire through the company themselves, very fast paced friendly environment, very rarely the same daily always working on something different
Pros
great lunch
Cons
temp job rarely hire on to the company
wireman position
wireman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2018
This job consisted of running cable through pipes and conduit. The only downside about this job is the amount of strength you would need. Other than that I would definitely recommend this job.
Never know what to expect
Fiber Optic Technician (Current Employee) –  Grove, OklahomaDecember 27, 2017
The most unorganized company. A typical day a work is much like running a preschool. After dealing with the adolescent drama, the individuals I work with are not motivated nor willing to learn splicing from a veteran worker. Management holds no one accountable for their actions and even though companies are designed to make a profit taking care of your employees and equipment should at the forefront. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am part of the largest communication project in the United States.
Pros
Working close to home
Cons
Not being valued for my full potential
Fast paced packaging facility with cafeteria
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYDecember 25, 2017
A typical day at CWS was very streamlined. You show up you clock in you put your protective gear on and begin production. You try to maintain pace till lunch, come back and continue till the day is over.
The management was very attentive and the workers were trained thoroughly. There wasn't much time to socialize, but that really wasn't a bad thing. The hardest part is definitely keeping pace and meeting quota, and honestly the most enjoyable part was attaining quota and making the day go smoothly.
Pros
CWS cafeteria, Strong teamwork, Positive management
Cons
Few breaks, temporary
hectic
Yard Coordinator Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 10, 2017
very busy very tight job management was great as well as mst people fast paced busy job variety of options for work as well as 24 7 never stop making cars and they need the parts
Pros
busy good people
Cons
cold
College Work Study
Payroll Clerk, NJIT (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 5, 2017
Job had nothing to do with my college major but I needed the money for food, gas, and other expenses. I only listed it on my resume to account for gaps in my employment during summer.
stressful
Assistant Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  cart, NCJuly 27, 2017
Just thinking, as an Assistant Maintenance Director, you work included ground keeper, work order, made-ready, and support apartment renovation project. One word, stressfull.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 8, 2017
I learned a lot on the emotional effects of parental incarceration on children and families. It was a month long translation of documentation to be distributed in a conference.
Productive and fun place to work.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Gary, INApril 4, 2017
Fun place to work, good pay, on time and flexible work schedule. Lots of money can be made if you are willing to put in the time, but if you do not get your loads due to reasons other than your own then your pay can be extremely low, if any pay at all and it does happen.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hr.s
the work was hard
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 3, 2017
Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting. Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
Clean and polish any furnishings in hallways and, if applicable, in stairways and elevator.
Pros
money was good
Cons
not enough people for the work
Good Quality experience
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2017
A good environment. Different culture and experiences to learn. The task placed in front of you is typically easy. Just that its not a full time job and I was looking for more of a long term stability.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Part time
ran machines
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 5, 2017
ran machines packaged materials to be shipped out inspected materials worked as a team player got along well with others and also worked with the consumers
A typical day was very challenging and learning experience with the management team. There was a verty close relationship between my co-workers,.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 14, 2016
The hardest part of the day was seeing the clients sad and the most enjoyable was when they was able to be independent and self efficient.
Pros
Celebrate each others birthdays and togetherness
Cons
No complaints
Micromanagement by Medicocres!
CWS - Which is Global CWS Now! Do not get Fooled! (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33126January 1, 2016
Poor quality employee life!. Those who rule the office are "witch hunting" employees ALL THE TIME while living a double-moral life.
They treat employees as ANIMALS, and do not care how much an employee can work or if that employee comes with new ideas (most of the time SUPERIOR) to the policies they already have in place.
I wonder in the Refugee Organizations are aware of this situation and know that success of programs in that office is not REAL but numbers!
Run away from CWS as fast as you can!!
Pros
Not even ONE!
Cons
Negative/Evil Management. Director, Managers!! ALL-included!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer World Services. Our community is ready to answer.