Computershare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stock Transfer, Financial and Investment Service company
Adjustment Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 17, 2018
Computershare was a great company to work for until they started out-sourcing and having constant layoffs. Automation is also replacing most job functions.
Pros
Benefits, great co-workers and managers
Cons
No job security
not good or healthy
Customer Care Level II Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 9, 2018
not fun no room for advancement I need to move up and enjoy what I do there where no set systems in place , can't go to the bathrooms only on your set 2 15 mins breaks
Pros
fee lunch
Cons
short lunches and breaks
Fast paced work environment.
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202August 6, 2018
Computershare is a very fast paced company. They are still growing in the Louisville location so as an employee it was important to be flexible and ready for change.
Not bad but not much room for advancement
Complex Transactions Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2018
Advancement based moreso in who you know than the quality of your work. The managers and leadership were located in other parts of the country and it was hard to get needed information.
Cut throat
Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2018
From the first encounter, other employees or applicants want all the attention and the training.
First interview, people saying they want this job and will do anything for it.
In training, talking over you and then coercively telling others not to talk to the one who knows more the they do, because, that isn't fair.
Trainer on the floor of the team poor communicator, in transition with no time to train everyone. Favors the ones who caught on in basic training, so get the boxing gloves ready, you will need them.
Pros
steady work
Cons
stress
Great job easy
Proxy Customer Service Representative (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 28, 2018
Great job easy but it was only temporary During the day shift it was hard to reach shareholders. Sometimes we would hammer them and they would get annoyed.
Pros
Easy, good systems
Cons
Temporary
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Funding and Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
Within one year of working for Computershare, I received a raise and then a promotion a few months later. There is room for growth in this company, and new positions are posted on a regular basis. This company takes pride in promoting from within. I would highly recommend working for this company.
With proper management an OK place everything is based on numbers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 23, 2018
It's an alright company to work for because you will become knowledgeable about different companies, stock, Espp plans, options, doing balance transfers and assisting employees with their accounts. The downside is i worked there almost 4 years making the same pay the economy and everything changes around you but your pay won't. I was laid off due to a relocation then 3 weeks after the layoff they called us back to do a temp assignment almost making $5 more than what we were making before without any benefits.
Pros
They match up to 5% with 401k
Cons
I worked there almost 4 years & made the same pay.
this place is what you make it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 23, 2018
Decent place- i wish it was permanent. I worked at the Jersey city location, and the only thing i hated about that was the parking. We had to pay for parking which was extremely costly. $24 a day. Other than that i enjoyed working there.
Pros
2 paid 15 min breaks--paid every week
Cons
short 30 min lunch break
Always learning something new.
Investment Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60602July 18, 2018
Maintaining number within metrics can be stressful at first, however after a while it becomes second nature and not so bad. The people that I worked with were more than co-workers, they we were family. The hardest part of the job is remembering your training and staying up-to-date on changes.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun activities, great benefits
Cons
Bathroom breaks, productivity numbers
Productive workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2018
Amazing workplace, even though the jobs are temp there is always something available. I always come back the energy is amazing the people are great, management as well. Always suggest this environment to those in need a of a job.
Micro Managers
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 13, 2018
Constant disruptive Micro Management. Would get pulled from loan to loan by manager to the point where couldn't couldn't keep straight what was done and what needed done.
Ok place to work
Trade Specialist-Investment Services (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 13, 2018
Company is ok to work, I felt it was more about getting business, not taking care of employees.Always told employees about new business, raises were given rarely!!
I feel in love with my team.
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2018
Very up and coming, great starting pay for entry level.
Very ♻️, friendly environment. Great location as far as food for lunch. Sucky parking, elevator problems.
productive and fun work place
Statement Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2018
computershare was a great company to work for. i would recommend anyone o apply for a position at this company. they are very family friendly, always giving back to the community and the always embrace and show there employees appreciation.
Computershare was a great experience
Proxy Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a temp at computer share. The only down side was after being there for almost 4 months I was told In order to be hired on I would have to reapply for a job I was already doing. Then I would have to repeat the new hire process.
Pros
Great opportunity
Great place to start call center career
Call Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 6, 2018
Fast paced outbound contact center. Open until 11:00 pm and weekends are required. You will learn about proxy voting and board members of large publicly traded companies.
Great place if you're looking for just a job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2018
Co-workers are awesome. The job duties are manageable and keeps you busy throughout the day. Management is terrible and doesn't support employees success.
Not enough hours available
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working here but unfortunately they’re we’re not able to offer me a permanent position, I would work for 2-3 weeks and would often get laid off
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No permanent positions available
Amazing temp job.
CSR, Offer Specialist, Doc Validator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 26, 2018
There isn’t much I could say. I, personally, love the job. All of the leadership is supportive and welcoming. Training was thorough and paid. You get paid weekly, and it’s easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computershare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight