Computershare Employee Reviews

Pockets of great people and tons of job security
Sales (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 13, 2019
If you are looking for job security then Computershare is a great organization but if you want a fast paced environment and opportunity to advance and grow I would not recommend it. I have made some amazing friends and people I will stay in touch with for life but the management does not deal with poor performers and the strategy is very conservative.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Slow paced
typical day at work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 10, 2019
A typical day at work would intell talking on the phone to over 300 people in the course of a day. Most are nice but then you also have to deal with people who are having a bad day and try to get through it.
The staff was excellent but the management should have been much better.
Quality processing associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 7, 2019
The management did not help as much as my fellow employees. Learned more from by sitting next to a good employee than listening to unit leaders who did not have the same experiences.
Excellent company to work for! 5 Stars from me!!
Dividend Transaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2019
Computershare is the best job I have had! They provide excellent training. There is always room for advancement. Management is amazing and very understanding. Every month Computershare would by a huge cake for all employees in celebration of all employee birthdays of that month. What could be better than free cake every month!! There are always activities/events going on for employees. Best work environment ever. If I did not have to move out of state, I would still be a Computershare employee and I know that this would have been the place I retire from.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing!
Mildly stressful workspace that pays decent
Transfer agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2018
Cut and dry job and schedule, coworkers and teamleads all great people. Worst part of the job would be all the times we have to give bad news and upset Share holders.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2018
Wonderful evoirment to work at! Everyone is helpful and very friendly with one another. If you prefer to stay busy this is definitely the job for you.
You better make know someone or advancement is close to impossible.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
It baffles me how in involved management is. There are no strides towards development, and their in house policy they will change frequently to meet their objectives that are generally personal gain. Retaliation is common, and senior management will not take steps to prevent it nor do they take the steps to address it after it occurs.
Overall good place to work
Conversion Analyst/Data Transformation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 28, 2018
I worked a lot with other transfer agents. I sent out system files that had would have deadlines. There would be repercussions if these files were not sent out in a timely fashion.
I learned how to prioritize work and work with outside clients.
Management always had an open door policy and worked well with employers to maintain a healthy work environment.
There wasn't really a hard part of the job for me. Just times that would be a little overwhelming and I would have to ask for assistance so that all of my jobs would meet their deadlines.
The most enjoyable part was the friendships that were created inside the company and outside of the company. Co workers and clients do become friends and family..
Pros
Working from home.
December 3, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving this feedback as it helps us to a great place to work!

Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2018
This company gave me opportunities that I did not think I would get. I was able to work with people in different time zones. Also, my co-workers are very supportive and willing to help me learn new applications
December 3, 2018

Awesome! Thanks so much for taking time to leave feedback about what it is like to work for Computershare.

fun workplace, professionals and knowledgeable environment
Transfer Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe AZNovember 26, 2018
I liked working for them but they were not permanently set up in Arizona’s when I was working for them, getting no benefits working through a Staffing agency.
Pros
Learnings
Cons
Staffing agency had a lot of restrictions and regulations
December 3, 2018

We appreciate the work you are doing to take care of our shareholders!

Want to know more about Computershare?

Ask a question
Not the greatest place to work, but it's a job
Stock transfer agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 21, 2018
Maybe I was in the wrong department or something, but I did not care that much for working there. The management that I had was always trying to find a way to get people fired it seemed like. From the time that i was there, it was around 12-13 employees in my department. After being there for 9 months, 10 of them were gone. The job itself was pretty much the same thing everyday and was pretty repetitive. The culture was very corporate setting. If you're needing a job just to have a job, I can understand that and i would probably take it. But start looking for something else. The micro management was the hardest part. The most enjoyable part was when I got to leave. Then again I talked to other people who worked in different departments and they enjoyed it, so it could have been me.
Pros
The people that I worked with
Cons
Read my review
December 3, 2018

We are so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us - we truly strive to ensure every team member is engaged and feels a sense of connection to what we do, and have opportunities to grow their skills and career. Wishing you all the best!

Not bad but not the best
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 29, 2018
Computershare is in the process of closing down many offices around the country and moving all of their focus to the Louisville office as corporate headquarters. It makes job security feel shakey.

Work life balance is good and I was promoted twice in a year. But their raises are questionable. They're not offered on an annual basis. If they are, they are very small.

The management style is very strict. Not a good place to work if you don't like helicopter bosses, strict attendance policies, etc.
Pros
Ability to work from home, opportunities to advance, good work-life balance
Cons
Unorganized, strict management, poor pay and raise systems
November 12, 2018

We are grateful for your feedback, and want to clarify a few things.

We have a strategic plan related to our leased space from a square footage standpoint and cost. A part of that was integrated into our plan to grow in Louisville, which we have done. There are many business units looking at opportunities to leverage lower cost space as its our fiduciary obligation to do so.

We have hired 800 people in our Louisville office with great success - we are proud of the teams in all locations and maintain offices across the US in over a dozen locations, including several large campuses of over 500 team members.

We do have policies that are intended to help guide the many complex employment related circumstances that occur, and given the Louisville team is still fairly new, that requires a heightened focus on what we are doing well and here we have opportunities to improve.

Keep up your good work and promotions - be a part of the positive changes that are occurring and always tell us what you think!

Work Culture
Transfer Agent - Shareholder Services (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 24, 2018
The typical work environment of Computershare consists of answering phone calls back to back. The clients in some cases are aware of their stock however much of the job is repetitive with little room for growth.
November 12, 2018

Thank for leaving this feedback, and for the contributions you make in our Tempe team. In that office, we have team members supporting multiple client types, including shareholders in our Transfer Agent business as well as mortgage holders in our Loan Services line of business. There are many opportunities for growth and we live by our belief of growing talent from within so keep an eye out for your next gig!

Fun place to work but watch out
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 24, 2018
Went above and beyond for the company at every step and was compensated justly for my efforts but upper management decisions resulted in a potential layoff.
Pros
Location, people, culture, wages, advancement
Cons
layoffs
November 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback - we appreciate your contributions and know that you will do well as you grow your career with us! The change you are mentioning is related to a change in plan for keeping an operations site in College Station, Tx, but rest assured there we intend no layoffs associated with that. The TA team embers in Tempe will have many options for them to continue with the company.

I would still be there if I had not had to Move to Seattle WA for Family
Customer Service Representative- Temp to hire (Former Employee) –  College Station, TX 77845October 24, 2018
Taking calls from Customers to sell their stock, get dividend checks, helping customers get stocks transferred in to family members name to cash out or buy more.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
no overtime
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your time in College Station and we are hopeful that your transition to Seattle has gone easily!

Good Company
Corporate Actions Escheatment/Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2018
Good company - up to date on perks and benefits and tries to be open to ideas and listening to employees. Pay was low for the industry. Quality of work atmosphere was very dependent on your team. My corporate actions team was great, great managers. I also worked on the customer facing team which was understaffed and overworked (call center environment so what can you expect).
Pros
Perks, opportunity to learn, lots of teams with various work
Cons
Low pay, opportunity depends on which team you are a part of
November 12, 2018

We appreciate the time you took to share this feedback as it helps us to learn and grow! Help us to always focus on a creating a positive culture - each of us has a role to play in doing so as we want out team members to feel a sense of being part of a dynamic team where we the opportunities to impact our customers lives by caring for their financial needs.

Fabulous place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 20, 2018
Great work experience! If the call center in College Station wasn't closing I would still be there...started as a temp and became permanent. Great experience!
November 12, 2018

Thank you for this feedback, and we are happy to say that our College Station location is NOT closing! We have been involve in lease negotiations and have finalized a 5 year lease. We will be hiring FullTime staff as well a temporary associates so please come back!

Fun place to work
UCP Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2018
Computershare is one of those companies where if you work here, you will do work that is not typically offered in Louisville KY. You will learn so much about stocks and shares and how the whole process works. It keeps the mind stimulated and the opportunities available are outstanding.
Pros
Can set your own hours
Cons
Productivity levels are extremely high
November 12, 2018

The work you are doing is so important and we are thrilled to have these roles offered in Louisville. So many great career opportunities, so keep focused and growing!!

Decent place to start...
Financial Transactions Processor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 20, 2018
Good for a first "real job", pay leaves much to be desired, comfortable working environment, very diverse and friendly atmosphere. no room for advancement or growth.
benefits
Cons
poor raises
November 12, 2018

Thanks for sharing this, and please know that our Reward & Recognition strategy is intended to help our team members feel rewarded for their contributions and to clearly see how they might grow their career. I would be happy to talk with you about this - I can be reached at alec.white@computershare.com.

Enjoyable work atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 17, 2018
Computershare was an enjoyable place to work. I provided investment expertise in call center. Supervised call center representatives and taught call center representatives.
November 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your years of service in helping our call center teams be successful!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computershare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight