Computershare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not too bad.
Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 18, 2018
Work load isn't heavy, but training can be confusing as all H-E-double-hockey-sticks, if you don't focus. Most information that you use on a day-to-day is learned on the floor. Management was great at the Tempe location, and the general work area was moderately appealing to look at. Constant inbound calls, regularly asked the same questions. Calling out on a Monday or before/after a holiday is a HUGE no-no, and you get double occurrences for doing so. Paid time off is a bonus there - AZ law requires we get paid sick leave, so you start off with some time off. Also, you acquire it per certain hours worked. Good amount of voluntary overtime, and voluntary work through lunches (sometimes, they even supply food). Pay raises every 6 months if you stay on track, aren't late, and don't call out - super bonus there.
Overall, great job - I left because of relocation for family, and there wasn't a location within an hour drive.
Pros
Free coffee and popcorn, Real pump creamer, Easy to move up, Easy pay bumps/raises, Decent Overtime, Off at reasonable time, good work-personal life balance
Cons
Constantly on phones (what did you expect?)
Has The Potential But Won't Try To Reach It...
Transaction Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
I have worked at Computershare for over two years and have yet to receive a raise. When asked why no raises noone never knows. The work is stressful and fast paced making millions for companies but barely pay enough for you for rent and groceries. The sad part about this company is they relocated from the east coast only to pay us $5-$10 less than what the employees were making there but we have more work because they closed locations. Communication is absolutely horrible from upper management and management and team leads!! I'm leaving this God foresaken place as soon as I get another offer!!
Pros
free tea, central location
Cons
no raises, horrible communication, not employee friendly
n/a
Senior Quality Processor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 11, 2018
I have no comments.. I do not understand why you need this extra information. I have moved on from Computershare and I have nothing to say about this company.
Cpu
Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 30, 2018
I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure where to start here so let me just dive in...

My experience in 1.5 years of being with the company has been great. The management in my department is fantastic, I've never felt like I couldn't come to them with an issue that they didn't take seriously. I've received two promotions in this time and continue to feel like a valued employee. I've received plenty of opportunities to learn new things that …

Cons

An annual raise that makes a difference would be much appreciated!

Advice to Management

Always take the time to listen to your employees and make an effort to meet in the middle whenever possible. If you keep employees happy and morale up, you'll keep turnover low, have people who are happy to come to work and put genuine effort into the work they do for you.
Productive work environment
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  CTAugust 24, 2018
Computershare continues to evolve to keep up with an ever changing industry. This helps Computershare to maintain market share while pursuing organic growth.
Stock Transfer, Financial and Investment Service company
Adjustment Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 17, 2018
Computershare was a great company to work for until they started out-sourcing and having constant layoffs. Automation is also replacing most job functions.
Pros
Benefits, great co-workers and managers
Cons
No job security
It's an okay place to work.
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 14, 2018
I was just a temp but I found the work to be interesting and the pay was good. There was room for advancement if you worked hard and met the qualifications. Easily to handle customer related inquiries.
not good or healthy
Customer Care Level II Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 9, 2018
not fun no room for advancement I need to move up and enjoy what I do there where no set systems in place , can't go to the bathrooms only on your set 2 15 mins breaks
Pros
fee lunch
Cons
short lunches and breaks
Fast paced work environment.
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202August 6, 2018
Computershare is a very fast paced company. They are still growing in the Louisville location so as an employee it was important to be flexible and ready for change.
Not bad but not much room for advancement
Complex Transactions Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2018
Advancement based moreso in who you know than the quality of your work. The managers and leadership were located in other parts of the country and it was hard to get needed information.
Cut throat
Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2018
From the first encounter, other employees or applicants want all the attention and the training.
First interview, people saying they want this job and will do anything for it.
In training, talking over you and then coercively telling others not to talk to the one who knows more the they do, because, that isn't fair.
Trainer on the floor of the team poor communicator, in transition with no time to train everyone. Favors the ones who caught on in basic training, so get the boxing gloves ready, you will need them.
Pros
steady work
Cons
stress
Great job easy
Proxy Customer Service Representative (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 28, 2018
Great job easy but it was only temporary During the day shift it was hard to reach shareholders. Sometimes we would hammer them and they would get annoyed.
Pros
Easy, good systems
Cons
Temporary
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Funding and Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
Within one year of working for Computershare, I received a raise and then a promotion a few months later. There is room for growth in this company, and new positions are posted on a regular basis. This company takes pride in promoting from within. I would highly recommend working for this company.
With proper management an OK place everything is based on numbers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 23, 2018
It's an alright company to work for because you will become knowledgeable about different companies, stock, Espp plans, options, doing balance transfers and assisting employees with their accounts. The downside is i worked there almost 4 years making the same pay the economy and everything changes around you but your pay won't. I was laid off due to a relocation then 3 weeks after the layoff they called us back to do a temp assignment almost making $5 more than what we were making before without any benefits.
Pros
They match up to 5% with 401k
Cons
I worked there almost 4 years & made the same pay.
this place is what you make it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 23, 2018
Decent place- i wish it was permanent. I worked at the Jersey city location, and the only thing i hated about that was the parking. We had to pay for parking which was extremely costly. $24 a day. Other than that i enjoyed working there.
Pros
2 paid 15 min breaks--paid every week
Cons
short 30 min lunch break
Always learning something new.
Investment Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60602July 18, 2018
Maintaining number within metrics can be stressful at first, however after a while it becomes second nature and not so bad. The people that I worked with were more than co-workers, they we were family. The hardest part of the job is remembering your training and staying up-to-date on changes.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun activities, great benefits
Cons
Bathroom breaks, productivity numbers
Productive workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2018
Amazing workplace, even though the jobs are temp there is always something available. I always come back the energy is amazing the people are great, management as well. Always suggest this environment to those in need a of a job.
Micro Managers
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 13, 2018
Constant disruptive Micro Management. Would get pulled from loan to loan by manager to the point where couldn't couldn't keep straight what was done and what needed done.
Ok place to work
Trade Specialist-Investment Services (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 13, 2018
Company is ok to work, I felt it was more about getting business, not taking care of employees.Always told employees about new business, raises were given rarely!!
I feel in love with my team.
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2018
Very up and coming, great starting pay for entry level.
Very ♻️, friendly environment. Great location as far as food for lunch. Sucky parking, elevator problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computershare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight