Compuware Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place with wellness and daycare center
HUMAN RESOURCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Productive, fast paced, high level of skills to handle confidentiality, sensitive/confidential situations and documents. Build relationships with direct reports and upper management.
Contract agency
Network Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 30, 2018
Work was on contract basis with entities across the region. Hard to get on the internal staff even though experience was higher than current staff. Work was dependent on Sales getting contract work from Companies in the region.
See review below
Human Resources Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 25, 2018
I worked for Compuware Corporation for over 30 years. I had several jobs and enjoyed the work and the management. I would go back if asked to work there again.
Pros
working downtown
ok consulting
Rockwell Automation, Notification Manager Service (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeJanuary 22, 2018
typical day is normal, nothing great , just ok job with benefits, pto, vacation, retirement package four one k and other ancillary benefits with discounts for bank
Ok Place
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 17, 2018
It was an OK place at the time. It was unpredictable on whether I would have a job at the end of my assignment. No job security which is why I left the place.
Pros
Ok Job
Cons
No job stability
Great People
Lead Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Compuware is full of great talented people. I haven't worked there in a few years, but when I did, I loved my job! The compensation for my job was ok, but I also learned a lot that helped me move on and increase my salary with other opportunities.
Satisfaction dependent on Client
Consulting Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Satisfaction at Compuware is entirely dependent on Client activity. The engagement by management is low. They have an excellent bench record , and excellent training opportunities for transition.
Pros
Good training and development tools.
Cons
Like any Consultancy, ultimately unstable
Good Company
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. The work was challenging and the people were very friendly. Every year they gave the employees a great Christmas party. Nice company to work for.
Shrinking company
Technical Systems Specialist / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 10, 2018
Disolved professional services division after stock hit junk status for over 2 years. Laid off vast number of employees as a result. Stock never really recoverd and company remains static
Pros
Good while it lasted
Cons
Loosing market share for decades
Receptionist
Kelly Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MODecember 21, 2017
Compuware was a pretty boring place to work. I pretty much just read all day. I was only a temporary receptionist and was happy to leave. Just answered phones
afforded many opportunities
Mainframe Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 13, 2017
In this consulting role I was able to work with and along side of many different levels of information technology and information systems across a wide range of businesses.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 27, 2017
- Resolving customer questions or problems with company software
Beta Testing company software
- Learned MVS, TSO, OS/390 ISPF and Mainframe software support
- Fairly decent
- Long work days
- Hearing the customer being thankful for speedy resolutions
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long work days
A good company
Senior mainframe software architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2017
Overall I enjoyed by time with them and the people I worked with. They went out of their way to ensure I was taken care of and gave me a level of trust
Competitive salary, full support of management
Agentless Manufacturing - Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2017
I started my IT Career here and was happy with the growth potential. Corporate politics are heavily present and management is very predominantly involved ,
Pros
Benefit, Competitive salary
Cons
Supportive management
Variety of work was good
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2017
I worked on a variety of assignments in different industries and technologies. Assignments were some times too short. The company is geared pretty much exclusively to IT jobs at big companies and never has cultivated businesses with small companies.
Director, Corporate Resellers
Director, Corporate Resellers (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 7, 2017
I was responsible for building a corporate reseller program and taught sales how to leverage partners to get more sales.

After 4+ months of employment with Compuware, I was approached by Sourcefire. I turned the position down as I had not been with Compuware that long. Sourcefire came back again, flew me to Maryland to meet with executive team. I accepted the position and to this day, very grateful that I did.
Pros
Was successful building a good program and making progress with the sales team.
Cons
Lots of politics.
Cool Job
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48226November 6, 2017
I don't have anything negative to say about Compuware. The job was pretty much straightforward; sort files and stay busy. My coworkers were professional and helpful. The File room was a very nice place to work overall.
Pros
Lunch, coworkers
Cons
temporary job
It's a fine mainframe company
Mainframe Developer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 1, 2017
The company is great if you like the mainframe. It just isn't my thing. You'll spend you're entire day in a small cubicle that can't hold a 2nd chair well. The cubes have half high walls, so that's a plus over the full dividers. Managers don't agree with each other and tend to go their own way until a point. Lots of people complaining. Most the workforce will be retiring in 5 years or less.
Pros
very relaxed
Cons
Old tech
No review
Senior Business Analyst, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2017
No review. At this time, the company has closed and there is no review to provide for Compuware. At the time of employment, it was a decent company, but there was no employment security
I worked this as a second fulltime job
Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2017
I worked at American Airlines over the weekend doing 12hr shifts.
I was not directly involved with Compuware culture because of my weekend shift. When I did it was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compuware Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.