Comscore Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Toxic with lots of churn
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2018
Annual layoffs before Christmas. Employment contract forces you into binding arbitration, anti-compete clause should you want to leave. Legal department has a history of sending threatening letters to new employers around town when you do leave. Upper & middle management is constantly churning (4th CEO in 4 years) and still dealing with fallout from a financial crisis.
Pros
Free parking at Airport
Cons
Weak 401K match
Unique and cherished experiences innovating media research
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2018
Loved my managers and appreciated the wealth of opportunity furnished to me. Work life balance can be a challenge but managers are willing to work with their employees to resolve.
Relaxed workplace
Data Entry Calendar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2018
I worked temporary here from May to August. Super relaxed with a boss that was friendly and always available to answer questions. The job was super simple and it definitely wasn't a job that you really had to think at. Relatively boring, but I set my own pace and felt like I was productive. The company had complementary snacks and drinks. I really enjoyed my time there and would happily do so again.
Pros
Full-time, easy work, friendly and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Temporary
Great Potential
Vice President Cross-Platform Program Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Very excited when I first joined the team at comScore. The whole company is comprised of brilliant people developing innovative products to understand consumer behavior. Unfortunately, what the company has in potential with its intellectual capital is limited by its weakness in structure and management. Hopeful the company will be able to transition out of this as management changes are on the horizon.
Pros
Great people, reputation for innovation
Great job
Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2018
Enjoyed working there, good coworkers and management. The culture was good although a little tense after a recent merger. I would still be working there had there not been a 10% reduction in workforce
Great place to work at!
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 10, 2018
Overall, an awesome experience with plenty of opportunities for you to succeed. The people around want to help as best they can, so ask as many questions as you can.
High Demand, Fast Paced Company
SVP Operations and Digital Product Services (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2018
I managed multiple teams that supported comScore's clients in the set up, execution and delivery of products/results. This included Client Insights, Operations and Product Support. I resolved top tier client issues and worked with extensive technology to deliver what was needed by our clients. I received additional teams each year to manage and my responsibilities covered the U.S. and all International client support for multiple products. I also worked closely with Products to design, improve and implement new products.
Pros
Requires constant learning and development
Cons
Extensive travel requirement for my level.
Toxic Environment
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 13, 2018
Much of the work day in the accounting department consisted of waiting on the sales team, which in turn backed up our work load and caused long hours toward the end of each month/quarter. Often times requiring coming in when the office was closed.

Management operates on an extremely backwards system, and many managers are extremely unfit for their positions, creating a hostile and toxic working environment.
Poor place to be
Recruiting POC Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Not a worker-friendly enviroment towards the employees. Management at the higher levels has a severe problem with the truth and communication is very poor
laid back analyst role
Survey Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
The company has friendly and collaborative culture. Switching between teams isn't the easiest as data analysts and client/sales people are segregated.
Used to be good
Engineering Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2018
Was good when it was Rentrak but comScore brought too much baggage to the table when we merged. Has had 3 CEOs in the last 2 years and complete turn over of all C-Level executives and board member.
Cons
delisted stock
Awesome Company
Account Manager Local Agency Activation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2017
I had a great team, totally supportive and willing to hear new ideas.

I was unfortunately laid off, due to a company restructure. That aside, I have nothing but good things to say about comScore.
Fast Paced competitive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 8, 2017
Fast paced, ever changing and highly competitive environment
Lots of products to learn
Really intelligent people working there
Opportunities exist for those who are aggressive and willing to work
Fun most of the time
Good company with interesting technology
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
comScore's team is driven to create market-focused products. Having exposure to the development of these insights makes it very interesting but also can be stressful at times.
Fun Place to work. No career development
Corporate Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
This company has a clear lack of transparency with regards to the career paths of new employees. It is a fun place to work with young people who are willing to help.
Interesting Work/Flexible Work Schedule
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190November 9, 2017
I worked as a temporary contracts attorney at comScore during 2017. The corporate culture is both relaxed and dedicated. The professionals I worked with were high functioning, but collegial. The company allows flexible work hours and allows working from home to a limited degree.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Little feedback
It was a fun place to work, really
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 14, 2017
It was interesting coming into the tech world which was definitely a change from Government and Defense. It was stimulating and enlightening to work with many people from many younger generations.
I loved working for comScore
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 19, 2017
I had an incredible boss. She helped the team make it through the tough seasons at comScore by staying positive, and being patient and supportive of all of us.
Work-life balance
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2017
This is a good company who has a pretty good work-life balance. People working here is nice and the overall environment is good. There are tons of options for meal and a relax little park near here.
Interesting and challenging work
Senior Manager of Panel Operations (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 7, 2017
Most of the departments are very flexible with time in the office vs. tele-commuting, however room for advancement is limited by the type of manager you have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comscore. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss