Comscore Employee Reviews

Single word: Pathetic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2018
If you are not fresh out of college, with little to no experience, this is not the place for you. The job profile is of a "worker bee", just turn around projects, without strategic thought and no collaboration with the clients. Mid-management is extremely impersonal to team members, and are around to QA deliverables, or at the most give a quote based on project specs.

There has been severe financial accounting issues, and turnover at the top brass; CEO, CFO, CTO, COO left within a span of 4 months. Company had 3 rounds of layoffs in one year.

Benefits are mediocre. You pay $100+ every month for health coverage, and 401K match is a joke.

Stay away, if you have a choice.
Pros
OK if you are right out of college
Cons
Too many to list here
Small, fun company
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
The company has a relaxed environment but still professional. The employees are friendly, helpful and they all work together. The work schedule was opened to be more flexible if needed.
A struggling company but working to get better
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
The company has been in the midst of and growing out of turmoil since I began. There has been a lot of organizational shifting and that has led to layoffs, job insecurity, and low morale.

But, the company does seem to be turning a corner on that front. I think in another year, they might fully be recovered but it all depends on the decisions being made now. Unfortunately, those decisions are made by higher ups and not necessarily well communicated to those doing the work.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Compensation is not comparable to the industry
Toxic with lots of churn
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2018
Annual layoffs before Christmas. Employment contract forces you into binding arbitration, anti-compete clause should you want to leave. Legal department has a history of sending threatening letters to new employers around town when you do leave. Upper & middle management is constantly churning (4th CEO in 4 years) and still dealing with fallout from a financial crisis.
Pros
Free parking at Airport
Cons
Weak 401K match
Unique and cherished experiences innovating media research
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2018
Loved my managers and appreciated the wealth of opportunity furnished to me. Work life balance can be a challenge but managers are willing to work with their employees to resolve.
Fast Paced
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2018
I learned a lot from management over the years including certain details in excel and some of the databases. Everyone was friendly and helpful when assistance was needed. The hardest part was worrying about job security.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Job security
Relaxed workplace
Data Entry Calendar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2018
I worked temporary here from May to August. Super relaxed with a boss that was friendly and always available to answer questions. The job was super simple and it definitely wasn't a job that you really had to think at. Relatively boring, but I set my own pace and felt like I was productive. The company had complementary snacks and drinks. I really enjoyed my time there and would happily do so again.
Pros
Full-time, easy work, friendly and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Temporary
Great Potential
Vice President Cross-Platform Program Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Very excited when I first joined the team at comScore. The whole company is comprised of brilliant people developing innovative products to understand consumer behavior. Unfortunately, what the company has in potential with its intellectual capital is limited by its weakness in structure and management. Hopeful the company will be able to transition out of this as management changes are on the horizon.
Pros
Great people, reputation for innovation
Great job
Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2018
Enjoyed working there, good coworkers and management. The culture was good although a little tense after a recent merger. I would still be working there had there not been a 10% reduction in workforce
Great place to work at!
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 10, 2018
Overall, an awesome experience with plenty of opportunities for you to succeed. The people around want to help as best they can, so ask as many questions as you can.

Want to know more about Comscore?

Ask a question
High Demand, Fast Paced Company
SVP Operations and Digital Product Services (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2018
I managed multiple teams that supported comScore's clients in the set up, execution and delivery of products/results. This included Client Insights, Operations and Product Support. I resolved top tier client issues and worked with extensive technology to deliver what was needed by our clients. I received additional teams each year to manage and my responsibilities covered the U.S. and all International client support for multiple products. I also worked closely with Products to design, improve and implement new products.
Pros
Requires constant learning and development
Cons
Extensive travel requirement for my level.
Toxic Environment
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 13, 2018
Much of the work day in the accounting department consisted of waiting on the sales team, which in turn backed up our work load and caused long hours toward the end of each month/quarter. Often times requiring coming in when the office was closed.

Management operates on an extremely backwards system, and many managers are extremely unfit for their positions, creating a hostile and toxic working environment.
Poor place to be
Recruiting POC Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Not a worker-friendly enviroment towards the employees. Management at the higher levels has a severe problem with the truth and communication is very poor
laid back analyst role
Survey Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
The company has friendly and collaborative culture. Switching between teams isn't the easiest as data analysts and client/sales people are segregated.
Used to be good
Engineering Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2018
Was good when it was Rentrak but comScore brought too much baggage to the table when we merged. Has had 3 CEOs in the last 2 years and complete turn over of all C-Level executives and board member.
Cons
delisted stock
Was not what I was told it would be
Director of Account Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2018
The company was not "solid" and in good financial and legal standing as I was told upon hire. Which became obvious when they laid off 150 employees, all new hires on my specific team. Thanks.
Awesome Company
Account Manager Local Agency Activation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2017
I had a great team, totally supportive and willing to hear new ideas.

I was unfortunately laid off, due to a company restructure. That aside, I have nothing but good things to say about comScore.
Fast Paced competitive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 8, 2017
Fast paced, ever changing and highly competitive environment
Lots of products to learn
Really intelligent people working there
Opportunities exist for those who are aggressive and willing to work
Fun most of the time
Good company with interesting technology
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
comScore's team is driven to create market-focused products. Having exposure to the development of these insights makes it very interesting but also can be stressful at times.
Fun Place to work. No career development
Corporate Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
This company has a clear lack of transparency with regards to the career paths of new employees. It is a fun place to work with young people who are willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comscore. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss