Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
TCS - Let me count the ways!
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 29, 2018
TCS was an interesting place to work. It was several years ago, and I believe most of the upper management has changed, so I don't know how relevant it would be now to say of my experiences. However, it was an interesting place and I'm glad I worked there, I learned a lot and helped them go through their IPO. So, cheers.
productive dinamic enviroment
TEST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2018
Good company, leaders in tropocaster technology. Professional environment. Been part of Comtech is been part of their research and development process. Everybody is a contributor and part of their development process.
Go Elsewhere
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2018
About ten key employees are all that is keeping this company alive.

This company has such a bad reputation worldwide that it hired a person to try and mask it's negative image rather than fix managements problems.
The person quit the position after learning the truth about the company, that employee didn't want to be a hypocrite.

Wholesale removal of management is all that can save this company.
Pros
Industry standard benefits
Cons
Managed like it is 1960
Bad experience
SNAP FSR (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 6, 2018
Was a contractor in Afghanistan, poor quality of life, toxic leadership, just my personal experience, unsafe practices before takeover of new company, saw a lot of people leave after merge
Pros
good pay
Cons
Poor leadership
Used to be a good place to work.
RF Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 5, 2018
Used to be a good place to work but during the recession in 2008 all the smart people left or were laid off. The management doesn't care to verify what they hear and base their actions on hear-say and gossip. The hours are too long and the pay is too low. Employees are forced to rat on each other to get ahead. It's all about who is doing who rather than what you achieve as an individual to succeed there.
Pros
Health benifits, food machines, covered parking
Cons
You can not trust anyone! Poor unskilled management.
An 'okay' place to work
Office employee (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 3, 2018
Not a bad company. Benefits are descent. Upper management works the employees too many hours. The company could use a little more work/life balance. Company culture has changed over the past few years with new management on staff. Not always positive.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Too many hours. Management Team has no heart.
Nice and Friendly work environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 19, 2018
There were great people working there who provided a friendly work environment. Although I was a temp, I felt very welcomed and sad to say goodbye when my time was done.
Great place to learn new product
Field Operations Manager & Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2018
It was, at the time, a great place to learn about new equipment and the inner workings of SATCOM and it's peripherals. I was fortunate enough to have great mentors to teach me the ins and outs of the business side of things.
Like my co-workers
Senior Trainer/Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 11, 2018
Nice place to work if you are single and an even better place to work if you are single and like to travel, plus you get to keep all of your travel miles and points.
Great work life balance
Principal Engineer - Platform Design Team (Current Employee) –  Seattle WAMarch 11, 2018
Comtech previously known as Telecommunication Systems and before that XyPoint is a great company to work for. Management takes care of its employees and there is a great work life balance. I highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to work in the cutting edge engineer world of improving our nations 911 services and devops of the current technologies.
Great company
Cycle Count Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2018
Temporary position needed to evaluate the current inventory system.
Revamped the warehouse staging area to provide a more stream-lined inventory process.
Good people in the wrong field
Intern (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 26, 2018
I worked in the cyber training section that was once Telecommunication Systems, Inc. When some of the instructors and higher ups left to pursue their dream jobs, it left this group in shambles. The instructors had little experience, and the new manager had little business experience outside of the military. The way classes were run changed, and the quality of the material suffered.
Great place to work overseas
Senior Engineer/ Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 8, 2018
Great Environment to work, learned a a few things . Made friends, been traveling to different places. Overall great place to work. Good working environment, very competitive and challenging work, you will never get bored working here. The company is growing and has external investments from international organizations, it has the potential to go a long way.
Productive/ relaxed environment
Facilities Management / Infrastructure Support (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Moderate paste work site. Good team of co-workers. Friendly work space. Face to Face contact with the customers along with email traffic and phone calls. Must be able to multi task.
Stability
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2017
Theres job stability here..they will never fire you. You are at the place 11 hours a day, you are pretty much free to have unlimited breaks if need be because you are not going anywhere
Cons: I listed them all above
Be very wary of employment in certain branches. The company as a whole is a good company.
Field Environment
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work supporting the military soldiers at Fort Polk. I gained a lot of information technology experience while there. Working for the military is always a plus.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Leesville Louisiana is the worst place to live and work.
ok
Satellite Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 24, 2017
It is an okay place to work but level of effort is not consistent. Either super busy or nothing to do. Also, management's communication is poor and the benefits very bad.
Pros
pay
Cons
beneifts
Great Company
Jr Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 17, 2017
The company is great to work for. THe team is very welcoming and helpful. I would have loved to stay there if I wasn't looking to relocate out of the area.
Great at first
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2017
Free Drinks, Longs hours, all the overtime you could ask for....at first. But they are quick to hire and if the contract your working on is up...then you are toast.
Stay in your lane
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2017
- Management does not function in the current times.
- No telecommuting possible.
- No desire to move forward with the pace of industry technology.
- No honest advancement for employees in general.
- Change is against the management's culture and lean management is not practiced.

Most of the employees are actually pleasant people stuck in the same place with nowhere to progress.
Pros
The employees are the light of this company.
Cons
Comtech Systems management from the President to the Engineering Director