Comtrans Employee Reviews

Nice coworkers great job to travel around Arizona
Routine Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
Would not recommend if you get to many hrs. they red flag you, supervisors not caring long hrs. bad job for people with families stayed 2 yrs. leaving in 2 weeks never again.
Pros
Traveling around Arizona
Cons
Bad Management
Need to work on hours of work and pay for take home drivers.
DCS Case Aide / General transport (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2018
DCS case aide skills: supervising visits between child(ren) and parents, interaction with DCS placement, DCS case manager and others involved in the child’s care, detailed case notes based on the visit, transport of the child(ren) to and from the visitation.

General transport skills: general knowledge of Phoenix Metro Area, transport of individuals to and from noted locations, general customer service.
good job for students
customer service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2018
I would not recommend this job unless you are ok with crazy hours and stressful environments. If you are a student or a person without children and your schedule is pretty much open then this is a great job for you.
Drive Clients to their appointments
Routine Driver (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 18, 2018
The management in Bullhead is amazing!
The hardest part is sometimes not being home with my kids, when needed. The best part of the job is seeing places in Arizona I probably wouldn't see.
Necessary service to the Community - fun environment
Adult Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2018
Truly enjoyed the job and fellow employees. Very community minded company. Did have to be willing to come in on call and willing to be at work for longer periods when transportation needs required. But employer was always willing to work with you and your schedule.
Pros
Good supervisors
Diverse cultural environment
Case Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040January 14, 2018
Great place to work just not enough hours and pay for job performed which causes financial problems at home. Not enough cases being given which cause financial hardships.
Faced Pasted, Replaxed and it is a training up employer
Case Aide Safety Specialist/Routine Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2018
Faced Pasted, Replaxed and it is a training up employer.

They are a training up company, meaning they have a point systen and talk to their employees one on one when they make a mistake. They do not immediately terminate an employee.They work with them on a case. By case basis. There are certain mistakes that are instantly fireable if committed.
Pros
They are a training up company, point systen, talk to and work with the employees..
Cons
The amount of hours, down time, lack of team work and support.
long hours and underpaid for all work duties
DCS Case Aide/ Coordinator / Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2017
As a Supervisor I was always drowning in work. I worked long hours and was required to be on call even after hours. I am grateful for the advancement but the pay was way less for what I have received at other companies being in management position.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no support from upper management
It's an okay job if you like to drive and sight ser
School attendant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
The job is very easy don't get me wrong and the people are really cool, however it gets kinda hard when you don't get a lot of call because you're on down time and you don't get paid for your downtime.
Pros
You
okay job
Case Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
needs to improve on there communion. Also Comtrans does not give lunch breaks . You work more then 40+ hours and don't get to come home to your family to say good night.
na
Take Home Wheelchair Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
This job offered something different everyday. made time go by fast and you get to meet lots of good people. It was fast paced and busy most of the time.
relaxed, lots of driving
dispatch, driver, team lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
allthough a good company to work for when it comes to simplicity of job duties, the lack of advancement and steady raises and compensation made it hard to continue with the company
Pros
relaxed, good co workers
Cons
compensation
The management is not good
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
I love the job it self ,I just did not like how they ran the company.the managment was unfair and there was a lot of favoritism. The reason I was at this company for so long had nothing to do with the people I worked with, I really enjoyed the job.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Horrible management
Growing Social Services Provider
DCS Case Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2017
Comtrans began as a specialty transportation company focused on mentally challenged patients needed non-emergency transport. They are now a contract agency with the Department of Child Services, and looking to offer even more services and opportunities in the Fall of 2017. As with most social service providers pay is not always the highest, but the flexible nature of the staff and the corporate culture are hard to beat. Though I do work some long hours I have managed to never miss a ballet recital or major school function for my kids, and I had time off during my wife's surgery and recovery. They have been so loving and supportive at this company. It is truly amazing.
Pros
Flexible, cares about employees, growing, time off as needed
Cons
Low pay
no recomended
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMay 31, 2017
in the rural area i live in you end up working long hours no family time my typical day was around 15 to 20 hours long driving if you have family i do not recommend but if you love to drive others around and dont mind almost never being home then this would be for you.
Enjoy interacting with clients of all ages and provided needed transportation
Routine Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2017
Typical day involves transporting adults or young people that are in the Child Protective Service program. Must maintain timely schedules and transport clients safely.

Enjoy transporting the young people and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
Earns paid time-off and 401K match
Cons
Routing of clients provide by our Phoenix office are often impossible
Nice job for independent workers
DCS Case Aide (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 23, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. There are opportunities to advance and you work under minimal supervision. The staff are friendly and supportive and assist in any way possible.
Never a dull moment in the office.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 3, 2017
A typical day at Comtrans consists of hard work. When it comes to logistics, it takes a fast paced, intelligent team to ensure success. The hardest part of the job is making sure clients, employees and other vendors are all on the same page.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Can be stressful
Funny hours but great job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
I used to work as a driver and was very happy with the training they provided and the job itself. They were very happy to answer questions. It can be challenging in the fact that you are constantly on the road and may have to sit and just wait. Also the hours can be funny if there are no clients to pick up- then you get to go home early. But I was able to pick up morning shift hours and work all day occasionally if they had extra hours available.
Pros
Independent work (to a point)
Cons
Finding time to use the restroom
Get rid of unpaid down time if you want to keep quality people.
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2016
I worked for a year to give the company a fair look. As a DCS Case aide you are responsible for facilitating visits between parents and children that have been separated by the state of Arizona. It is a big responsibility in my opinion, the pay does not coincide with it. Also with "Downtime" you can bring in as little at 600 in two weeks after tax. All while working 12 plus hours a day. I dont mind working the hours but the pay needs to be addressed if you want to keep quality people plain and simple. Supervisor and Coordinators were good as were co-worker's. I would have stayed for a long time if the pay was livable.
Pros
Take home car, ability to take time off.
Cons
No holliday pay, low pay, Downtime!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comtrans. Our community is ready to answer.