Comunilife, Inc. Employee Reviews

Do not work security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 19, 2018
This company will sell you out in a heartbeat to avoid lawsuits. You get a unpaid hour break. Clients will hit you and you are expected to get hit and not hit back. Even if it was self defense they will still hang you out to dry.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Everything else
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2018
Nice place to work. People are helpful, friendly and kind. Management is helpful and professional. Parking is great and public transportation is close. Productive and fun workplace with pool table.
Misssing purpose
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2018
There is a big gap in services and the residents don't follow rules. Often times they are rude and disrespectful, don't adhere to their medication regimen, smoke in the facility and do drugs in their units. They are not help liable for their actions and wrong doings and it is difficult to discharge them from the program no matter what they do. The residents can live in the program for as long as they want.
Pros
Small environment and relaxed
Cons
Program serves no purpose/end goal
Shortsighted and Disfunctiomal
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
Comunilife has several programs but they operate like separate entities. Each program's culture is dictated by its director. Unfortunately, not all the directors are qualified to lead and as a result, the staff and programs suffer.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
poor work culture
good place
Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 27, 2018
Been working there for over two years. Good place to be a peer counselor. Always nice staff. Treats the peers as if they are regular staff. Relaxed atmosphere
I give this company a four star reating
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Comunilife was fun and rewarding place to work. My job function was rewarding; in that I was in contact with my clients on a daily basis. My duties were to contact clients on a monthly basis. I worked with clients that had mental and physical diagnosis's.Management taught me how to develop care plans for each client; which allowed me to provide them with services that met their needs.

The workplace culture allowed me to exchange techniques and strategies that allowed me to provide the care that each client needed. The hardest part of of the job was working with clients that were resistant to cooperate with their care providers instruction.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when non-compliant clients understood and implemented their care plans.
Pros
The company reimbursed the Coordinators for travel expenses
Cons
The only con was that we had to travel in inclement weather.
Productivity of Clinical Staff
Revenue Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 20, 2018
I learnt Management & Multicultural Issues. My Job is always focus on Revenue, Cash Flow & Denial Management. Train New Staff for Office Software. Produce Clinical Staff Productivity for Monthly Management Meetings. Focus on Budget Vs. Revenue. and also Revalidation of Contracts.
Decent for Entry Level; NOT to stay permanently
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2018
Expect to do way more than just your job description. As case manager, you will be required to do intakes and outreach (both specialist positions that they can easily hire for). Management is inconsistent in that they never stay on the job or they can't keep up with all locations. Administration is even worse. They will listen to feedback, but they won't take any of it into consideration, especially if employees are providing said feedback for the sake of their clients. Clients are easy to work with, and you are part of a good team of fellow case managers/therapists/part-timers. Work environment varies, depending on the location you are sent to work in. It's difficult to decide whether working for Comunlife would be recommended because it goes both ways: the experience is actually very rewarding, and it's perfect for anyone fresh out of college, looking to get their foot in the door with their psych/socio/education/social work degree IF they are willing to put in the extra work and put up with a heavily disorganized administration. Definitely not something permanent if you seek higher prospects. Or, maybe you can be the one to fix it all, move up within management/admin, and restructure the entire program.
Pros
Rewarding experience, perfect entry level position, great team
Cons
low salary, inconsistent mgmt, disorganized admin
8njjjnjnmn
Purchasing & Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2018
mary responsibility of directly managing the stock purchase agreements, future orders, pricing management database, and specialty purchases to support company needs at all facilities.
Primarily responsible for assisting with overseeing all daily purchasing activities at all facilities as they relate to raw materials/packaging to support the manufacturing environment.
Interfaces with plant management, production planning management, plant controller, warehousing (including co-packers/co-manufacturers) and inventory control.
Support Director of Purchasing and overall Purchasing Department with inventory management of assigned products, components, and supplies by verifying demand need, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders as well as verifying timely receipt of purchased items to support all company operations.
Toxic management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Management is very toxic and demeaning. No HR department. No Quality Improvement department. Upper management takes on these responsibilities without expertise and objectivity. Directors leave in droves and when new people come on board they are expected to know the fill scope of the job within 1 week. No supports for middle managers.
Pros
You can develop you own supportive culture at your site
Cons
Toxic and demeaning management, they rarely hire supervisors so directos have added responsibilities, low pay
Fast paced, supportive and with no time to become bored
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed a great learning experienced while attending Multicultural Relational approach staff development and training. The organization invest in promoting ongoing professional development and create a sense of belonging.
Stepping stone
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
Typical day tends to vary depending of work location however the organization expects you to stay after hours to complete last minute demands without compensation or consideration. This is however a great place to learn as the organization attempts to utilize their staff to the fullest. Management is poor and supervisor only tend to delegate with providing proper training or support. No sense of accountability at a management level. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting your pay check.
overall i would rate them a 3 to work for.
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2017
Dealing with different issues as the day goes by as a every day can be a learning experience. Every day is different and as a supervisor you adjust and to it and help your staff adjust also. the work culture was average, I never looked at the job as having a part of it that was hard because i enjoyed what i did.
Good Place to Work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2017
I like comunilife. We should think of who in the organization we don't agree with or have conflicts with? The organization is a good and the mission is good and sincere. It is very demanding and challenging. That is what I like. Are there problems? of course. I like the fact that I can voice my concerns and get a concrete response; which I may not like. I will recommend this crazy but honest place.
Pros
Excellent benefits and honesty
Cons
Too much work and responsibilities
This job was productive but there was nothing fun about it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
A day in this company would go smoothly but there was time that it could be hectic. I learned a lot since most of the time I had to cover for other position without proper training. The hardest part of the job was the constant problem and bad work relation between The Assistant program Director (manager) and employees.
Pros
Free lunch during meeting and not breaks
Cons
benefit not so good, lack of salary increase
The weekly meetings are giving managers a 4 day work week.
OMH Bronx program's staff (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2017
Needs better organization. Weekly management meetings are killing the staff. This organization will be great if the could change the management structure.
Pros
you learn alot of new skills
Cons
Management structure needs to change
Fast paced; service oriented
Part-time Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
Comunilife, Inc is a Human Services agency to provide services to individuals with mental health in both a residential settings and outpatient treatment.
Fun workplace but
Part-time Tutor and File Clerk (Current Employee) –  4419 Third Ave Bronx, NY 10457May 3, 2017
Fun environment where all co-workers get along and try their best to meet the company's goals. Staff can learn to use Microsoft applications like Word or Excel. Management responds well to emails and phone calls. Be prepared to work hard! Overall, great job.
Interesting place to work
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2017
Good facility for advancement and learning. I have been here eight years and have not had any issues with management or support staff. They are friendly and always willing to assist.
great facility
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 12, 2016
great co worker boss and facility client are well taken care of on a daily basis clean environment working equipment and over all a joy to work at
Pros
pay rate
Cons
clients can be a lot at times