Play YouTube video button

Concentra Employee Reviews

Found 1,730 reviews matching the search See all 1,780 reviews
never worked for them
Medical Assistant/X-ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 17, 2018
never worked for them, so I don't know why Im having to fill out the portion. but it won't left me go and further unless I fully complete this section
Horrible company
W/C Physical Therapy Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2018
I disliked working at Concentra. I am very happy to be gone from there. The management is unfair and plays favoritism. Its truly a "who you know" type of environment. They treat you unfairly and make you feel like you don't know anything. I would NOT recommend anyone seek employment with them.
Patients are seen as numbers
Team Supervisor / Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 15, 2018
Big corporation, lost focus on patient and employer’s needs.
The more patients you saw, the better, regardless of the lack of compassion and customer service.
Cons
Too many to mention
Worst job I've ever had!!!!
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CANovember 13, 2018
Do not work here!! Ever since concentra acquired u.S.Healthworks, it's been a nightmare. High turn over! Long working hours. Stressful place to work!!
Pros
None!
Cons
High turn over! The regional doesn't know what they're doing! Lack of staff appreciation, Long hours! Poor training! Can write a book on the cons!!
Pretty good so far
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
(Location: Brooks) Everything there was great up until my last week of externship when they told me that they were no longer hiring but yet they promised me that I was going to get hired through them before I even started.
Pros
work was fun
Cons
drama
Overworked and Unorganized
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard ILNovember 9, 2018
I recently took a position at the Central Billing Office in Illinois and the company is really unorganized and they want you to make posting money your whole entire life! Very stressful and insane amounts of overtime. I had a very rude supervisor who I didn’t even feel comfortable going to with questions. The see all the problems that we had a nobody was trying to fix them. Very high turn over rate.
Pros
Cons
Rude Supervisor Mandatory over time for 3 weeks straight because they are so behind
Not a very good work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
I didn't like the work environment. The office manager tried to micromanage every area of the clinic. The x-ray equipment was old and out of date.The pay wasn't good.
productive, Good working place
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 8, 2018
A regular day at Concentra is fast paced. Very educated. I learned many different things. Not only with general doctors but in the physical therapy too. I also got to built relationship with patients which was the most enjoyable part of the job.
still applied
Back office lead (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GANovember 7, 2018
still applied just seeking for better opportunities so that i can learn more in my nursing field and continue to move toward my RN degree so that i could better provide for my family.
Pros
free lunches and birthday parties
Cons
shorts breaks
This was a contract position
GE Aviation on site FMLA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHNovember 1, 2018
FMLA Coordinator on site. Most of the employees were friendly but the multiple unions on site were difficult to work with the majority of the time. The management did not back the contract employees.
Pros
I did a great deal of walking at the facility!
Cons
Lack of support from management for contract personnel.
No day is the same
Employee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2018
Staff members vary in age, color and sex. They have large and busy centers with many locations. The company itself seems decent its the staffing they hire that makes me question things and the staffing they allow to stay hired. Heavy work loads with no increase in pay makes great and good employees leave.
Horrible
Back Office Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2018
they have HORRIBLE management. I’ve never worked at a place where it felt like I was in high school. They don’t care about their employees. Its all about money. They type of care they provide to patients are mediocre. I wouldn’t send a dead rat to CONCENTRA. I wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy to work at this place.
This is a multi-state company and one of the largest in its industry,
BENEFITS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 29, 2018
The company was progressive in utilizing new systems. Management was open to suggestions. The position was challenging and rewarding and tapped into prior knowledge to accomplish goals.
great place
Medical Review Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 29, 2018
worked here for almost 3 years, loved it! people and environment is very wholesome. the employers companies I worked with were great and i couldnt ask for a better experience
Do not recommend this organization for you to be associated with professionally
OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE APRN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2018
I was part of the transition from US Healthworks. Concentra is loosely based on the concept of occupational health but is really a feeder organization for Select Medical rehab and Therapy sites. Their business model is very hard on providers (MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs, MAs, Xray techs). There are no long term employees, everybody burns out after a few years.They have had numerous Class Action lawsuits (all available on Wikipedia). The organization has not changed despite these rulings and their promises to the court they will change their model. I do not recommend hitching your wagon of skills to this organization.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything bad in a medical practice
Better than it was
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2018
The compensation plan is much more generous and straight forward than it has been in years past. The management structure has finally stabilized. This company seems to no longer be on a roller coaster.

If you do well you receive more commission and an email stack ranking. A frame dripping in pure gold and cz is provided for the stack ranking Excel attachment to mount on your wall. HUGE bonuses are given to each of the top 25. Crystal and platinum awards can serve as top performers office decor or pretentious paper weights. Annual base salary increases that would feed a family in China for 250 years are given to top reps. All inclusive trips to exotic destinations are given to top 30 percent of all sales reps. All in all these are nice incentives that keep us all pushing for new business and it adds a competitive edge to the sales force.
postion
Referral Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 22, 2018
hard to advance with in company, no support from supervisor, not a team setting, hard to navigate system, not a easy company for support. people are treated as numbers not employees
Medical Assistant X Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2018
This place was an excellent place to get use of all the skills you were taught in school to put to use. Very busy, detailed oriented and team work is a must.
Pros
Job Duties
Cons
Weekend and Holiday Shifts
Face paced
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Arbutus, MDOctober 19, 2018
A typical day would be register patients, collect payment for service, medical billing and coding, medical records request, faxing, filing. I answered and medical questions or concerns from patients. I learned to work at a steady but fast paced in this company. I learned to be compassionate and understanding on how to deal with patient needs.The workplace culture was diverse. The hardest part of the job was the communication barrier between patients that spoke of different accents. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with different cultures.
consistent
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2018
this place is very consistent in their work and getting patients in and out in a timely matter. i loved doing my externship here.I would work here again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight