Play YouTube video button

Concentra Employee Reviews

Found 1,684 reviews matching the search See all 1,731 reviews
great work environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 17, 2018
Concentra helped me gave experience in the medical field. They gave me different duties everyday so I would have abetter understanding of the job. This was a great place to do my externship. Now I'm more than confident that I can be a great medical assistant and perform my scope of practice to my employer standards.
Busy and fast paced
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2018
It is a pleasant place to work, it is very fast paced and busy! I have learned a lot working at Concentra, reading x-rays and suturing. The work comp patients have taught me very much about orthopedic injuries.
Fast paced environment, Minimal micro-managing, freedom to assess patients under provider.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  CT, MA, RISeptember 12, 2018
This company was my home for 5 years. I chose to leave in July of last year for health, family and travel reasons. It was the biggest mistake I have made, thus far. I was on track for advancement. I covered three states, multiple markets and was happy to go to work everyday. I miss the patients. Concentra focuses on Workman's Comp and Urgent Care, but now they are owned by Select Medical, a leader in Physical Therapy. This was a fantastic career with growth opportunity and the ability to make extra money. My favorite part was the onsite division. I would service fire houses, local businesses, police officers and other respectable places to bring the health care to them. I liked working on the wellness side of healthcare more than anything. I got to see my patients get better, instead of worse. I highly recommend getting your foot in the door.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Locations, National Organization, Management
Cons
Long work days back to back patients, Pto, On-site training
Fast pasted work environment centered around team cooperation.
Referrals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Processing workers compensation referrals for Concentra patients. Focus on patient care and customer service to ensure companies mission of healing america's work force, one patient at a time.
Review
Front Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 8, 2018
Supervisor from this company at the time was a poor role. She relied on staff but gave them zero credit for the tasks. She was poorly trained and tried to restructure a working wheel. She is no longer there
Growth
Front Office Support (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2018
I love working at Concentra. A typical day at work is fast-paced and busy. We work at a team. Management is involved. The Providers are appreciative of their support staff.
the managent is awful
Back Office supervisor/X-ray technician/M.A (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2018
The management stresses you out. there is a big problem about favoritism. My manager had my facility has bullied and harassed many employees and nothing happens to her
Liked the Management
X-Ray Technologist & Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for Concentra and the management was nice. Unfortunate I felt I was under paid and it led me to find a new and higher paying job. I had an overall pleasant experience.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion.
Cons
Low pay.
Good start to career objective
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Good people to work with. Learned about dealing with Doctor's referral procedures and A/R collections. Basic understanding of Medical Billing and following up on A/R accounts.
Great experience
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2018
I love this company but no opportunity to get in a higher position. I need more opportunity to grow. It's a long communite. I have learned how to work every position in the office.
Pros
Im tge only RT
Cons
i have to do other MA duties that i dont get extra compensation for.

Want to know more about Concentra?

Ask a question
Medical Reviewer
Medical Review Stream panel (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2018
Good work life balance while working fir Concentra for a short period though. Involved with review of medical charts. Provided decent education for the job requirements.
Lots of Potential
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 28, 2018
There was a lot of potential for Concentra in the IT realm. I enjoyed my time there, but was sometimes challenging w/communication upline and downline.
Pros
Benefits were OK
Cons
Culture could use improvement
Concentra is a productive fun workplace. I enjoy working there. Staff is very cooperative and are a team player. Management is great and very fair.
Refund Specialist/EFT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 26, 2018
Pros
flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
pricy healthcare insurance
very busy
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2018
start at 8 and work till five very balanced work environment. Friendly, helpful, caring place to work plenty of opertunity for someone that wants to work fast paced.
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 19, 2018
Good place to work for unexperienced MA's, they are very helpful and want to see you succeed. The only down side is the pay is really low so alot of people leave for better paying jobs.
Pros
helpfulness, management, food, laid back, fast paced, good energy
Cons
pay
Great place for beginninng career
Center Manager/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 19, 2018
Very busy. Learned about patient care and invasive procedures. Management does their job. Variety of people working. Patients can be whiney. Best part of job is knowing you did your part for the day to help people.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Repititious but stable
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 19, 2018
Working in the accounting department of this company really didn't allow for much intermingling with other departments.
Environment was a little cliquish at first but once you become familiar with everyone they are a tight knit family kind of atmosphere.
The department I worked in was isolated so we were often left out of the corporate loop. This was not intentional but just kind of one of those things that happens with accounting