Play YouTube video button

Concentra Employee Reviews

United States2,168 reviews
Found 2,168 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Concentra selected this as a representative review
This company was my home for 5 years. I chose to leave in July of last year for health, family and travel reasons. It was the biggest mistake I have made, thus far. I was on track for advancement. I covered three states, multiple markets and was happy to go to work everyday. I miss the patients. Concentra focuses on Workman's Comp and Urgent Care, but now they are owned by Select Medical, a leader in Physical Therapy. This was a fantastic career with growth opportunity and the ability to make extra money. My favorite part was the onsite division. I would service fire houses, local businesses, police officers and other respectable places to bring the health care to them. I liked working on the wellness side of healthcare more than anything. I got to see my patients get better, instead of worse. I highly recommend getting your foot in the door.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Locations, National Organization, Management
Cons
Long work days back to back patients, Pto, On-site training
It would have been nice to work there if the supervisors truly care about their employees. They think about themselves first, how much money can they bring for the corporation! It’s all about money! Money first before patients, before employees! A lot of supervisors are just standing around, getting fat checks!2
Pros
Feels like family.
Cons
And just like most family - there’s a lot of backstabbing!
When I first came on board this was a pretty good place to work a lot of coaching and guiding and I had a Great manager...within 1 year this place turned into a relentless numbers game that no human would be capable of doing in the amount of time even with having 2 brains and 8 hands ..demanding isn't close to what the ridiculous daily expectations and the amount of chiefs all they are doing is trying to justify having a job, TOOO much change and when Covid-19 hit it was a great opportunity to redesign the field sales teams across the board so more then half permanently laid off, when other medical centers asked all their people to come back because sales is the front line,Concentra is the total opposite they have managers doing sales that have no business in that role..its like saying "hey Doctor go run the front desk of the clinic and also see patients" . This company is a joke!
Pros
Remote work thats it!
Cons
Everything - too many to list
Enjoyed working there until management changed and then wanted me to take a $3 pay cut just to keep the shift I was hired for. That was a insult to my work ethic so I left the company and then that same manager was released from her position month’s later.
Pros
Challenging and fast pace
Cons
Management would fail to properly support staff
Regional management is poor at best. Everyone works extremely hard and it is never enough. Locations for the most part do not work together. Stay away even if desperate!
Pros
Some great doctors/staff
Cons
Upper management
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
As a provider, you often have to appease employers, insurance adjusters and Nurse Case Managers, instead of doing what’s right for your patients. There is no work/life balance. You often work beyond your scheduled hours with little to no support. The overall corporate environment is malignant and geared toward profit.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, work load
After someone worked there for 20 years in New Orleans they fired him because they were under new management and didn’t have his position anymore. Piece of shot company.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Boss
Every manager has more than one flaw. No job security. The pay is low and the stress is VERY high. Benifits arent that great. Work experience overall is horrible.
Pros
Sometimes flexable schedule
Cons
Everything else
Not so great, stated with the company in 2017 and stayed at the same level until I left in 2019 because of the climate between back office staff and the providers
Very high turnover, no room for advancement, pay is horrible, benefits are too expensive, don’t value their employees, posting supervisor is new and has no idea how to manage, they say high volume but they ask way too much of workers, it’s a free for all there, everyone out for themselves, if manager and director don’t like you then you are screwed, manager is nosy and is a control freak and thinks she is better than everyone else
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Manager and supervisors, pay, benefits
Over worked employee for awful pay. Management sucked, always busy and the providers were slow. Which made it hard to get patients in and out. Always short staffed.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything elsd
Worst management ever! Laziest co-workers! Favoritism exits! Reasonable complaints are ignored! Lots of drama and gossiping! Lack of professional growth! Pay rate under required! Patients complaints are ignored! Long time wait for patients and management and Medical Assistants do not care! Medical Assistants fooling around and doing screen shots of charts in front of patients!
Things started well then as workload increased help decreased. Within 1 year there were 33 new hires and there are only 47 positions. Not sure what's to be done.
Holiday are not paid unless salary and pto doesn’t start to accrue till 90 days
I took fmla and boss contacted me twice about my role and job duties didn’t know how
Mgmt says they want you to do good and they give you the tools to get where you want to be until they decide to stop doing what they are supposed to and your book of business takes the hit. They think there PTO is good but in reality you barely get enough to pay for holidays as they give you no time off. They control your PTO if you accrue, meaning just because you have it doesn't mean you can use it. they also control your sick time and what they give you, you would have to work 6 months to earn one day of sick pay. Supervisors don't arrive to work until after 10am while the real workers get there at 7am
if you're fresh out of school its a great job because you will utilize all of your skills. I recommend only staying for a
year or two for experience. However if you have been in the field for a while dont bother. They work you like a dog and pay is on the low scale.
Concentra is the most family oriented company i have ever worked for. The company had a great flexible schedule for every employee. All of the managers in the company are supportive and they make sure you have all the training and tools you need to be able to do you job.
Management openly discriminates against the older worker. The few advancement opportunities that exist are always given to younger staff. Preference is also given to females over males, regardless of experience and qualifications.

Staff, in general, is treated like a semi-necessary overhead expense. Contracts for employer services are always over sold with no additional staffing provided to accommodate the increased work load. There is a very real problem with managing employer expectations.
Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients in a urgent care and occupational medicine setting. Caring for ill and injured patients Monday through Friday 10 am to 7 pm.
Not a bad job just needed better pay
and better job opportunities. Didnt feel like they wanted to advance people there. I wouldn't mind going back. Miss it.
Not the most difficult role, but it is full time work that requires you to be on time and give your all every hour you're at work. They do allow for a one hour lunch break every day. My advice is try to limit the amount of travel you're made to do to go to different locations.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight