Play YouTube video button

Concentra Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,641 reviews matching the search See all 1,685 reviews
Featured review
Concentra selected this as a representative review
Awesome engaging place to work for.
Associate Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Oakwood Vlg, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Concentra is a great place to work. Love the Mission, vision and values of the company overall. The management team is awesome. I have been with Concentra for about 8 some years. There is absolutely room for growth and your hard work is valued. I have learned a lot from my leadership. It is such an amazing culture being able to meet the CEO which most other places do not. Upper management is very engaged and they push you but they push you to grow you into a great leader. This company has listened engaged and focus for my success which is amazing. All the physicians really care about patient care and we have some amazing employees that work for us.
Productive work place
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Concentra Urgent Care is a great place to start out at. You're able to learn a lot in a short period of time. The work flow is a steady pace.A great place to build ad Learn from.
COD was biased
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job each day. The only downfall I experienced was the COD letting her 2 front office homegirls influence her job decisions. You had to be in their click to matter!
Everyone was friendly and it was a fun place to work.
Internship through college (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80918July 12, 2018
This was set up through Pikes Peak College as part of my Medical Reception course. It was just for about 3 weeks and covered all reception duties including pulling charts for the day, scheduling appointments electronically, faxing documents and taking patients back to the exam rooms.
Pros
Everyone was friendly it was fun.
Cons
Just part of college course for experience.
Stressful
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 11, 2018
Too many directions from multiple people who don't have history or take the time to know the structure.

Only promote those who are part of the "good ole boys" team
Was an exceptional company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2018
Up until Humana bought Concentra this was a fantastic place to work. You were fully involved in the decision making and scheduling of your commitments. Once Humana took over they did away with the on-site work services and started to mainly focus on urgent care and physical therapy which was a setup to do their own physical therapy therefore getting as much as possible from the employer for an injured worker before they were released or cleared for full duty. Concentra accepted all insurance but Humana workers were always released sooner than any other type of carrier. Lucky for me they did away with the AT-Work program and freed me up to start my own company. The pay was ok and I did bonus four years in a row but some corp. jobs are not worth it.
Pros
Was a great place to work
Cons
Insurance does not need to be involved with direct care.
Okay place to work
Cash Team (Current Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJuly 9, 2018
Great people work there but not a lot of area's to advance in my career path. The Central business office has a good team of people who work hard and get results. The centers have a great deal of turn over which makes it hard to communicate to them.
Fast Paced Envoroment
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2018
I enjoy working for Concentra Urgent Care. We usually see > 150 patient daily and at times that could be overwhelming. I had learned a great deal. I am interesting in continuing my schooling which I have one more semester to complete A.S but working at Concentra I am not able to complete my AS due to busy scheduled.
Good environment to work in
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 8, 2018
Good place to work with great crew. There are a lot of opportunities to advance your knowledge and learn new skills. The worst part is administering all the drug screens but past that and there are good opportunities to advance.
Center Employee (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 8, 2018
Enjoy working for this company, offers great opportunities for advancement, with the ability to manage center independence. Providers and staff create a teamwork environment.
Pros
Ability to work independently.
Cons
Pay could be better based on geographics.
sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2018
worked together as a team with operations, medical, therapy,sales,corp contacts. Positive environment with a very customer focused process. we strive to help our clients
Pros
lunch
Cons
pace
Work Comp
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2018
Company provides workers comp medical care. The company is part of a large corporation. They pay providers well. They utilize interesting metrics to measure medical outcomes.
Fasted paced medical center for workers compensation injuries and urgent care.
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 5, 2018
Enjoyed working with my coworkers. Did not think management knew what they were doing in regards to employees best interests. Had to take a mandatory pay decrease at company’s insistence.
It's ok
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
Working for concentra is okay, you get the experience that you need.. Lots of work to do but the pay could be better for the amount of work.. Long hours as well, most centers don't close until 7pm so be prepared. Job can be stressful at times.
Pros
Nice Co workers
Cons
Low pay, 30 min lunches
Amazing Staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working with staff and within the company. Constant management issues. Hold on raises. Locations of faculties were optimal, Interesting work dynamic.
Externship
Internship (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 3, 2018
I had suck an amazing experience with such amazing individuals and definitely patient as well because I lacked so much knowledge because I did online school
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Good
Physician's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
It began as a excellent work environment and then there was new leadership. What began as an excellent place to provide care ended in leadership placing unrealistic goals, i.e., giving appointments to follow ups and making the majority of walkin's wait. Waiting times increased to 7 hours at times. There were promises of pay increases, and provider performance was based on the overall satisfaction of the Medical Assistants.
Pros
Cons
As listed
Fast pace job. If management likes you then you can do whatever you want
Operational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2018
It is a fast-paced job. There is room for advancement if you are a manager’s favorite. If you are not part of the click then you will not get an opportunity. You will be looked over multiple times until you decide to quit.
Fun, fast pace, they care about there employees
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2018
On a typical day you are checking in patients, answering questions from employers that call, helping out other coworkers if needed. They are very family friendly,
Pros
Management will help out a whole they don't just sit back
Cons
30 minute lunches
Very fast paced plenty of opportunity for advancement if you were to relocate
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 28, 2018
This company was good to work for but was hard to advance unless willing to relocate. I was a able to learn many different jobs in this company. I went in as a medical admin and had the opportunity to learn, authorization process, staple removal, drug and alcohol testing.
Front Office
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 28, 2018
Not enough staff in certain areas of the clinic. Overall Concentra is a great place to work. I enjoyed working with the organization. Concentra is the place to get a wide range of experience.
Pros
Once a month have lunch cater to employees.
Cons
no breaks, so lunch only 30mins.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight