Concept Employee Reviews

I owned my company and it was STRESS!
Real Estate Referral Company, Broker/Owner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2019
I would much rather work for another Broker. As a Real Estate Broker/Owner, I had ALL the responsablity and was always concerned about what the agents were saying and doing. After paying the bills and the very high commission splits to the agents, there wasn't enough left to pay myself an adequate income.
Pros
High commission split for agents
Cons
Not enough capital to stay afloat
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 15, 2019
I have been working at Concept full time for about 3 years. The company is growing and there have been nothing but good things happening. As a Business Development Manager, a typical day is spent on the phone representing my clients and developing business for them. We are guaranteed 40 hours a week and only work M-F from 8am to 5pm, no nights or weekends. The job its self is pretty easy and the commission is nice. The benefits package they office is also very nice.

The hardest part of my job is the mental aspect. From time ot time, you will have a bad day or week in regards to production. When that happens, you just need to stay strong and push through. However, its easier said than done.

Overall I would recommend Concept for anyone looking to get into the business field, especially recent college grads.
Pros
Unlimited breaks, Pay, Insurance, consistent schedule, coworkers
Terrible
Rework (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCFebruary 15, 2019
Management was unable to communicate effectively with workers, the conditions were unbearably humid with little to no air circulation throughout the plant
Mediocre Work Place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 9, 2018
The pay is good if you're lucky enough to get a decent account and stay on it. Promotions are based on favoritism and not skill. They hire and fire at will.
Faith Based Company
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 17, 2018
Concept is a good place to start a career. The company was great when I started there but as it grew, it forgot about its employees. I really don't want to say anything more. Thanks.
Pros
Benefit pkg is good
Cons
They forgot about the human aspect of the company
Only care about the customers not the employees
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BMOctober 9, 2017
Will work their employees to death to make a extra couple bucks. they will constantly ask you to work overtime but wait until you last couple hours of work to let you know.
Fun and Good Management
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 1, 2017
My co-workers are understanding and friendly which makes my work more interesting to be. We do get paid on time and i'm always so happy to be at work helping my Clients out.
Pros
Basically Everything
Cons
None for now, can't complain
brought about development
store management (Former Employee) –  LagosDecember 8, 2016
day to day work was challenging, but interesting meeting up and resolving customer's complain
i learnt ways in which bank operations are easy carried out, accuracy, integrity
management system is well organized
working with co worker was fantastic
hardest part is tying to explain what is right to do to a less educated customer.
benefits given
Pros
good welfare packages
Cons
hectic work condition
Great Learning Experience
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHOctober 4, 2016
I am grateful for my time at Concept Services. I learned a lot about the Salesforce program and how to properly manage my own accounts as well as professional sales and marketing techniques through the two week training classes and through my own experiences. I came to my supervisor with concerns and questions with possible solutions multiple times and was met with unresponsiveness that lead to me being let go from the company. I made over 80-100 calls a day, logged and managed the data from the calls and was commission-able every month. My coworkers were very nice and i enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
Donuts on Thursdays, Casual Fridays, Random team building competitions, the comission
Cons
The high turn over rate, unwillingness to work with employees
Great balance between professional and casual.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 14, 2016
There are great employees. They know how to get things done and have some casual moments as well. They are great about keeping up on new processes that will improve that company. They pride themselves on taking the time to now what each employee has to say about they would like done or what they believe is working or not working as well as they way they may be treated or feel while at work. They have places for us to make these inquiries once a week anonymously. Great place to work. not too many downfalls, although they do have a few like anybody else.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Minor drama/gossip between few co-workers.
Previous Employer
Senior Materiel Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2016
This is the company I started out with and is was acquired by another Government Contract. This employer was a new beginning as a " Government Contract Employee".
Pros
New beginnings
Cons
Anti- contractor
Good company to work for, allows flexibility to keep up with life outside of work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2016
The work hours are Monday thru Friday which is very important to me so I can properly balance my personal life with my work life. I really enjoy this industry (Equipment Supplier for National Chain Restaurants).

A typical day at work includes equipment sales, customer service and communication, project management and troubleshooting, just to name a few. My co-workers are great, pretty laid back atmosphere.

Company management gets a little tricky. Not everyone is on the same page or does things the same way. So, you have to adapt to any given department you work in instead of operations being streamlined throughout the whole company.

The hardest part of the job for me is sitting behind a desk all day. I enjoy my job the most when I am out in the field in front of my customers helping them and building relationships.
bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 8, 2015
long days, to listen to the owners degrade you if missed up, I don't want to say anything else about this company. because I was never very happy because it wasn't a happy place to work for me
Pros
free lunch
Excellent place for advancement
National Account Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2015
Great place to learn about all functions of a Business. Essentially each department is a business within a business. You will learn about sales and client retention, profit and loss as well as setting margins. Procurement and execution to meet deadlines. Again a very well rounded view of how a business works.
Hard work paying off..........
Graphic Designer/Concept Designer (Current Employee) –  OverallApril 22, 2015
I work for myself, or on contract, I work with a number of people but mostly alone supplying concept and finished designs/artwork.

I continually learn as it is part of the job and is something I embarrass and enjoy. I work giving my best whatever the job in hand, large or small. Long hours and unsociable I am passionate about my job.

Customer satisfaction and producing something that beats all expectation drives me to deliver my best.
small company with challenge but low compensation
Fabric Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2015
The works from products development, sales and shipping all in one job since it is a small company. A simple working environment and personnel interaction. Only the low compensation was not encouraging.
Daily challenging atmosphere
CAD Designer & Restaurant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2014
I love this job because I am able to utilize my skills in building and design layouts as well as 3D rendering and visualization.
A Great place to work
Logistics / Distribution Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2014
This is an outstanding company to work for, good people, good atmosphere, good pay, and an outstanding schedule. Really nothing bad to say about this company at all. A true Joy to work here
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
limited upwards mobility in some departments
Productive and fun place to work
Contracts Specialist/Deputy Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 27, 2014
Our company provides contract specialist contractor support to the FAA. I work as a government contract specialist. I have learned a great deal about management being the deputy site supervisor. I have learned there is a great deal of difference between military management and non-military managment.
The company is no longer in business
Account Manager/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2013
The company is no longer in business since they closed the doors.
Pros
Cons
unexpected close