Concierge Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

It's a stressful place to work and management is awful
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2019
I thank them for the time I worked there as I was in need of the job at that time however, a specific supervisor there is just the reason things will collapse for them. other than the fact that they don't care if you are sick, they would literally cut your hours if you call out, call you an hour before a shift starts to cover that shift, force you to stay on site even if you have other things to do. It was challenging working with them. Good luck
Pros
you get to meet different people of different works when you are working on various sites
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, no paid time off, awful management
Good
Concierge/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
● Solving problems and providing timely assistance to residents and prospects with care;
● Event planning, executing meaningful events and activities that engage residents and foster a sense of community;
● Organizing front desk logs, package rooms, club room reservations and freight elevators;
● Proficient with various software, apps and company computer software called MRI, Yardi and Building Link;
Great place for service professionals
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 17, 2018
I have worked here happily since May 2018. I can truly say I have not experienced any of the negativity expressed in the previous reviews. In fact, I have nothing but high praises for my company. I tried to post a review a month ago but it seems it was rejected for being too positive? Seems rather dishonest...

I love the residents, my building, and the people in the leasing office. When people ask what I do for work, I say I'm friends with people for a living. You get 2 15 min breaks and the hold-over policy is only 4 hours, nothing like the other companies that will require you stay an entire shift if your relief doesn't show. There are rush periods (for example, when the residents are coming home from work) like any service based job, but it's about you handle it.

In September I was fortunate enough to be invited to the company trip to Barbados, all expenses paid. I think I talked about this too much in my previous review and that's why it didn't make the cut. I know it sounds "too good to be true" but it doesn't make it any less real, I wish I could post photos. The company has properties in the Caribbean, this trip followed a trip to St. John USVI this past Spring and there's an upcoming trip in February to St. Barth's.
Pros
Residents become like family over time, company trips
Cons
Great Company To Work For With Awesome Culture!
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
Great company to work for.The leadership is great. Company culture is great and everyone who works here is passionate about what they do. A work environment where people feel valued and appreciated. I've been with this company for the past three years.
Pros
Gift Cards, End of year parties
Cons
N/a
Would and have recommended to friends
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
I've worked here for two years and you get out what you put in. For myself that included two raises and a flight / hotel room to New Orleans paid for on the company dime as a thank you for volunteer overtime I put in.
Pros
Solid overtime to pick up if you are hungry for work
This job provides you with lots of connections that you make with residents that you assist each day. The relationship you build with them makes this
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
This job is great for someone with great people skills. The residents you assist are super nice and appreciative. The job makes you feel important and needed. The workload can be large at times, but is rarely overwhelming. Management has treated me well since I was hired about a year ago. I have received two raises since then which shows this company appreciates it's employees and the work they do. This has been the best job I have ever had by far.
Pros
Great management, kind customers, paid lunches
Cons
N/a
Quiet, Residential Workplace, Interesting Community.
Concierge Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work is extremely quiet, there's never much going on at the particular site i'm stationed at, save for when I'm greeting residents as they return to the building and handling whatever needs they may have as well as assisting the leasing office with phone calls and appointments. I've learned a few things about security and systems operations but nothing that requires very much work to grasp. Management was just fine in my opinion until very recently when a new director was introduced and things went downhill from there. There really isn't anything difficult about the job, if I had to pick something it would be whenever multiple things were happening at once that required me to physically be away from the concierge desk where I generally must be at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the residents and various other people that may come through the site.
Pros
Learning more about the different areas of the city of Boston
Cons
Short Breaks, No benefits even at full-time, Concerns addressed to management often go ignored

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concierge Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Concierge Services, Inc. Reviews by Job Title