Concord Energy

Concord Energy Employee Reviews

Experiences vary
Experience here will vary greatly depending on your job role & who you know in the management structure. Don't expect any assistance from the HR department, as most major issues with this company started there in the first place.
Good Job
Good job that involves teamwork, and great supervisors. No politics that hinder you from doing your job. Good equipment and mechanics help make your job easier to do.
Micromanagement
This company micromanages drivers, will fire you on a dime for a simple paper work mistakes, no vacation time rewarded, favouritism, rude management .
Pros
Fair trucks
Cons
Pay
Excellent equipment and above average pay and benifts
If you are a quality driver and have a good work ethic you will find this to be a rewarding career. basically you get back what you put in. This can be some difficult driving in all kinds of weather and off road conditions. Top driving skills are a must i would not recommend this for inexperienced truck drivers.
Not the best work place
At the time I worked there the trucks were new and we had no mechanics. Dispatch was rude and expected you to get loads off without getting violations on peoplenet and not tear up trucks on some of the worse roads imaginable in a 14 hour period. If you didn't you got in trouble. If trucks got broke you got into trouble. Management was a mess. Had a mixed up work schedule. Never had a good work home life due to unpredictable work schedule. Pay was a little less then most crude haulers. No holiday pay or anything of the sort.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Pay, management, rude dispatch
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Always micro mananged.
Get to work. Start the day micro managed all day all the time. I learned to watch your back. Management has their little group. Hardest part of the day is to hope to keep your job over stupid stuff. Going home is the best part of the day.
Pros
Maybe a free lunch
Cons
Time off, management, always doing other people work.
collect truck tickets and make sure LACT was running right
drove to LACT to pick up truck tickets put them into computer and make sure the tickets and the meter at LACT made the right count. made sure LACT was running right and that the oil running into the pipeline was in good standards.
Water Treatment
Most days consisted of cliental interaction and follow-ups, cold calls and various other business development activities. Once a qualified lead was found, we would work with the client to obtain a water sample for treatment evaluation. I would then head up the treatment and chemistry process, developing a formal report to deliver to the client. A formal sales meeting would then take place with the client, typically at their office, where we would attempt to close the deal.

I learned a great deal about the sales and business development process as well as general management of a business unit.
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
Job security
Great environment - lots of opportunitites to grow
Concord is an energy logistics company and a major player in natural gas marketing. They have expanded into oilfield services and are poised for rapid growth as the energy sector rebounds.
Pros
Fun environment, music, open space trading floor
Cons
Lack of key personnel for growth in midstream space
Junk equipment and poor maintenance
In mead Colorado,you will work 14 a day,and 16 if they can get it out of you,they will expect you to put your cdl on the line,if you don't your down the road,you can work here they have no holiday pay no sick days no holidays off,,,,you get set days off if your lucky,,,and everyone is related here,so advancement is slim...good luck to anyone who tries this place
Pros
The cash
Cons
The benefits and lower management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Concord Energy?
SWD Operations were poorly managed.
Concord's regional office was located in Culbertson, MT. I worked for Concord for only 9 months. Concord closed their office doors, in Culbertson, MT. and moved their operations back to Colorado 2 months before my position was eliminated.
Pros
I did not work for Concord long enough to draw any conclusion.
Cons
This company showed signs of being unstable
Plenty of hours. Rewarding work.
Co-workers are great. Too much micro-managing. It can be difficult work at time as 80% of your day is outside. The weather is obviusly a factor.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concord Energy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9