Concord Hospitality Employee Reviews

good team
Courtyard By Marriottt (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 14, 2018
Concord was a great company to work for till they sold property and new company came in and took away all befits . But they said we where family .How can you call your self family when you do not care about your family health ?????
Pros
management
Cons
new owners, no bennfits
Poor Management
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Northern New JereyMarch 28, 2018
Was the worst experience of my career. At First, everyone seemed nice and supportive. Was assigned a mentor who only spent a week with me then went to another assignment. My GM was horrible and could care less of i succeeded or not. Had hardly any communication from higher up management. In the end, was let go from my position when I was working hard on my own to get the job done. Never heard from anyone after that except recruiter who was good person and listened to my concerns. Higher management needs to be more supportive and support fellow management and employees. Would not recommend working at this company.
Pros
you get 7 free nights to stay at any property in system
Cons
poor management and training
Horrible managment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 17, 2018
I thought this would be a great place to work. It was great from the beginning and then it went downhill quickly. I was always told I was doing a good job and had no complaints. Then the rug was pulled out from under me. I was let go for a stupid reason. You can not trust the management of this company at all. They will lie lead you on and pull the rug out. They favor people like ones who are lazy and break rules constantly and never let them go. They run or fire the good people.
Pros
Free and discounted stays
Cons
Pay, benefits
One Bad Egg
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Everything was great until my last position with Concord where they brought in someone as a manger who did not gel with the normal Concord culture I had come to grow and love. This individual made a great property a nightmare and was what eventually drove me away. This person also drove away several key players and amazing leaders in the company. Otherwise, the training, the culture, the way Concord operated was the greatest hotel company. It's a shame they let this one person step over so many to ruin a great thing.
Chief Engineer don't have ana experiences
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 23, 2018
Chief Engineer don't have ana experiences ..not a good place for the people that need to work hard and learn new things.
nice management and nice coworker, but it is not a challenging environment especially if you do 2 end shift really it is boring boring
A mostly fun atmosphere
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Well let's see, I worked at the Marriott in Columbus, OH for a while. I would say that the managers in upper management were very cool and great to work with in general. There was a couple of departments, or should I say 1 department in general that had a low quality of employees. The manager was completely unprofessional and yelled at the staff in the morning when we first opened. I personally had a great time, but wondered if the manager of that department was incapable of mangaging anyone because it seemed like they would hire anyone of the street. Very weird and totally unprofessional in that department. I have 1 comment Concord...don't hire people that are incompetent management.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, room discounts
Cons
Low pay, a lot of hard work for not enough pay
Pleasant working environment with emphasis on fun activities
Interim Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2018
Considering that I only worked half days for three months, the atmosphere at Concord was the most cordial and welcoming that I have ever experienced. Everyone was pleasant and they had no problem answering any questions I had. If they asked me to come back tomorrow, I would not hesitate to say yes.
Very professional
Property Controller (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2017
Best opportunity of a life time
Great management
Lots of experience within each department
Owner and team are dedicated and smart
Very Structured
Time constraints can be VERY stressful
Pros
great learning exerience
Cons
stressful/long hours
Don't apply unless you want to give up your soul.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2017
The managers and exec team pat themselves on the back and drink champagne (literally), for things they had very little to do with. The sales department acts as though the hotel belongs to them, and that they can do no wrong. The former GM threatened the chief engineers job to force him to do work at his personal home...and that GM has since been promoted. They have 5 "cornerstones", but profitability is the only one they actually care about. If you want career advancement... this is not the place to do it. If you are looking to be underpaid, severely overworked, and basically underappreciated for everything you do...then apply to work for Concord.
Great company to work for
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Great company to work for, unfortunately the hotel was sold and new management came. Work hard each day. Management is great and really cares about their employees. Hardest part of my job was the economy, for the last 3 years Houston economy has been a struggle. I love the medical center market, it made my job very enjoyable.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not a lot of hotels in Houston
Horrible management/ Lack of faith in staff/ managers LIE
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2017
I opened a new hotel in Ohio and was SO excited for the adventure that was ahead of me but man was I wrong. It went from amazing to trash within a week. Not all the managers, but a lot of them are fake. They are real life jerks, pretentious, mean, backstabbing, and liars. STAY AWAY from this company. I've only heard bad things and it's all TRUE! Save yourself the time, embarrassment, and keep your dignity!
Pros
Free lunches, free nights in hotels, discounts on rooms
Cons
MANAGEMENT! Backstabbing managers, work ethic, hours, money, tip sharing, no breaks and no help or support.
An exceptional place to work
Senior Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 20, 2017
I've worked at the same location for 25 years. I've enjoyed everything about my time here and have learned much. I have also enjoyed the positions that I held prior to working at Concorde which allowed me to develop my customer service skills. I'm excited about the prospect of taking all of my experiences to a new industry and learning something new.
Pros
Wonderful work atmosphere. It has been a pleasure to be a part of it
Cons
I can't find too many cons
Poor Management
Sales Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 26, 2017
Working for Concord was a terrible experience for me. Most of the employees with management positions were required to work for two hotels which makes it almost impossible to keep up with the daily tasks. Corporate sales managers would play favorites and bully those who were not a part of their clique. The pay was nice, but not worth the unlimited amount of stress.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
poor management, employee retention, stress, constant drama
Fast paced environment, where you are at the front line assisting guests.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2017
A typical work day is non existent in the hospitality industry. I learned to be more patient and understand the needs of the guests, along with being stern, but fair. The work culture is a fun one, but business must be conducted first and foremost. The hardest part of the job is finding a way to make every guest feel heard and feel that their needs are met. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guest has all their needs met and expresses their happiness that you were able to do so.
Time to move on
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 2, 2017
It is time for me to move on from this company. The management has changed. There has been too much turnover in employees, and the moral is non-existant
Large hotel management company
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJAugust 11, 2017
I worked at two of the company hotels. Both were Marriott hotels and usually tried to keep to franchise standards. Management was very understanding with employees and always willing to listen to suggestions.
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2017
My typical day at work starts by getting room boards ready. I check the vacant rooms, and inspect rooms as well as all public areas on a daily basis. Concord is a great company to work. They have given me opportunities that I had never experienced prior to this position. They give wonderful and useful training classes that help prepare you for success.
Pros
I get to work alone, mostly. I start earlier in the morning
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 30, 2017
Concord has been the best hospitality company I have worked for.

They take care of their employees. It's not just a slogan for them. They actually do it.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Depending on your area, there may not be enough to grow unless you are willing to relocate
Great people. Great place to work. Fair pay. Not great but fair.
LEAD AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
This was probably one of the most inspirational places I ever worked. They really seemed to genuinely care about the people that worked for them. Had there been greater opportunity for faster advancement, which is very slow with this company, I would have built my career with them. i regretted leaving them as a company, but the location was not a great fit for me. I tried very hard to find a position within the company in an area I would rather live, but it is not easy to transfer either except at the higher management level positions.
Pros
Great company - cares about their employees
Cons
Very slow career advancement, difficult to transfer
Enjoying working with team of people
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
We are like family, The company has great leadership and will make sure his employees are appreciated, not just a number but really do mean something to the company