Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. Employee Reviews

Finding jobs for students
Graduate Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2019
Some students wanted to work and others just didn't care. The ones that wanted to work I found jobs for. The others either wouldn't return calls that I left messages over and over, or wouldn't tell us that they had a job in their related field of study.
Pros
Dental was easy to place
Cons
Not enough employers
Medical office /medical assistance instructor
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2018
The hardest part of the managers and staff go to lunch.Management has no work experience.Managers are immature and have favorite employees all managers go to lunch with certain staff so you can not trust coworkers or managers for help or private conversation at work.
Pros
helping students, always work luncheons for holidays, graduation for students, part time jobs
Cons
micromanaged, management is bad and presidents believes whatever, his managers sayi f it is right or wrong
It was overall a nice place to work.
Student Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2018
A typical workday was always a new learning experience, I had to deal with people from many different places and with many different personalities. My manager was very nice, she just want you at work and getting your job done correctly.The hardest part of the job was if we had all of our new classes starting on the same day.The most enjoyable was the schedule flexibility and meeting new people.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Working the day after Christmas
teamwork and good co-workers
Vocational Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 29, 2018
Generally, it is a nice place to work - coworkers are very supportive. Every month, there is a award and free lunch for all employees. The only improvement needed is more support from CSC.
Student Driven
Student Records Manager/Registrar (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2018
Concorde has given me a lot of professional development. I have been able to be creative and help implement change. There are tough days like any job. But our students keep us going.
Excellent company to work for
Academic Dean (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92408November 2, 2018
Concorde has experienced and knowledgeable leaders from the top down. Their culture is to cultivate employees from the beginning, in order to maintain a strong and effective work environment. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Difficulty at times to get people to do their work
great place to work
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2018
Many students walk in the door looking for the medical field. Workplace culture is good. Nice people staff and students. A typical day at work is fast pace.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
hour lunch
loved working with adult students, making a difference
LVN faculty (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 26, 2018
this was a good job althought sometimes stressful. A lot of pressure placed on instructors to pass students. I spent many hours helping students. I could have used assistance with the paperwork and computer work. every instructor was responsible for all their own clericial work
Pros
loved the students
Cons
lots of prep work preparing for next days classes ; hated entering all my own grades and other data
Good values
Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 23, 2018
Core values for students looking for a career in healthcare field is what kept me motivated and wanting to help each student and kept my passion in the field
Benefits
Cons
Long days
Great Students and peers
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  TampaOctober 17, 2018
Loved the students, always hada good time with them and learning, managment was extremly strict and felt bad about theprice they paid for theireducation there.

Want to know more about Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.?

Ask a question
Dont do it
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 27, 2018
The students are never wrong...ever. Don't waste your time with Concorde Career College. Management has no experience in managing, just in finances. It is a FOR PROFIT educational institution, therefore the admission reps say and promise anything to potential students to come into the door.

It doesnt require more than a 6th grade reading level to get accepted into the "college", so as an instructor you have to teach students to read along with learning what bradypnea...

It's shameful
Good Place To Work
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2018
The environment was good but the program directors was not very good. The students was from all walks of life but most of them wasn't interested in being taught about the healthcare profession.
Provided programs that prepared students for challenging careers in the allied health
FINANCIAL AID OFFICER (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 28, 2018
A typical day at included meeting with prospective students and families who demonstrated interest in attending Concorde. It was gratifying to help them identify key resources and to leave hopeful and encouraged.
Great working environment
Proctor/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
I was hired to administer and monitor the HESI entrance exam for students applying for entrance into the nursing or surgical technician programs. I greeted the students before they took the exam and prepared them for what they might expect on the exam.

My manager was the school registrar who created a very warm and relaxed environment. I was trained on two different software programs used to give the exams. The culture of Concorde appeared to be that of teamwork and supporting the students in everyway.

I enjoyed this job very much. the interaction with the students was a pleasure. The most difficult part of my job was seeing the disappointment when the students failed to pass the exam.
I acted/filled in as receptionist when I was not testing, during lunch hours and for 4 hours on Saturdays.

I enjoy working with people, so those times that I interacted with the public were also a pleasant part of my job. I was very sorry that I was laid off.
Pros
professional environment, great support staff
Cons
none for me
Not a great place
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
Work elsewhere...this is not the place. The school is all about the tuition and not about the student. They pay well but no one lasts very long as instructors or as management.
New school. Medical type certifications. Good teachers. Knowledge Admission staff
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
Fact paced job. 150-200 phone call a day. Learned all about finical aid and how it worked. Set up appointment for students to discuss benefits of enrolling for one of the medical classes.
Difficult to actually talk to students. Mostly phone messages. It was disappointing when an excited person did not qualify for school. Exciting when a student graduated and started a new career
Pros
Helping people find a new career
Cons
Dealing with disappointing results in financial aid or learning
Great place
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 7, 2018
Everyone is great and appreciative of the efforts that one puts in. The company for the most part has structure and is student-centered which is important in education considering how many schools and programs are out there.
Nice place to work
Director of Clinical Education (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2018
You days are always fulled
There is always new things to learn
Management teams supportive
Nice work culture
Driving distances
great department teams
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
year round work schedule
Learned a lot from my direct supervisor
Senior Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2018
The world of Financial Aid is a fast paced and stressful one. I did find a mentor in my direct supervisor, but the behaviors and lack of accountability of other employees (under different supervisor) was a bit frustrating. My sole reason for leaving was the schedule. It was not very condusive to my family schedule at that moment as I was working a lot past 7 or 8pm and Saturdays, which is typical when working at a career school. I had also taken on a lot of duties and responsibilities but could not be compensated due to a "raise freeze" the last 2 years I was there. What I did enjoy most was meeting the students. It always felt good to meet someone, learn their situation and end the day knowing I helped them.
Pros
Open door environment
Cons
Schedule
Productive and fast paced environment
Academic Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2018
I liked working with the students and watch them improve their skills as they prepare for the job force.

I enjoyed working with the high level management in all departments to fulfill the needs of the academic programs.
Pros
Giving students new careers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.