Concordia College (Moorhead) Employee Reviews

Fun Place, good people
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed being able to speak with alumni and getting the chance to hear their stories about their experience at the school. Great pace to meet other students as well.
no comment
Accounts Officer (Current Employee) –  Allama Iqbal Town LahoreMarch 7, 2018
i am sorry i cant here write any thing about Concordia College
over all good experience with this organization and lot of work learn form concordia college
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no short break
Great for first time professionals
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNFebruary 23, 2018
Concordia offers a lot for those who are entering the professional world. Lots of room to develop and to grow. You are given the chance to make meaning connections.
work with the organic garden and high tunnel on campus.
Garden Intern (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNFebruary 12, 2018
a typical day would be going out to the garden and weeding weeds, planting crops and regular work in the high tunnel. It is a great place to work with great people and you get to work outside.
productive
Student manager (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNDecember 21, 2017
A typical day at my job was to ensure that the students and staff I was managing were doing there job, I learned how to manage people of different cultural backgrounds, the hardest part was student unexcused absenteeism and the most enjoyable part was knowing that I did a good job when students said thank you for being a good manager.
Pros
free meals
high standards makes for excellent employees
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNNovember 5, 2017
managers held workers accountable for being at work while also putting in full effort during the shift. always felt i received adequate help and that i was working with a team
Productive and fun work environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNOctober 27, 2017
A typical day consisted of preparing and serving food to students at Concordia College. The overall pace depended on which station I was working at in the cafeteria, as well as the amount of students in the cafeteria that needed to be served. Overall, it was a fast-paced environment, and my time there was always spent being productive. Working for dining services at Concordia was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend it to students looking for a job on campus.
A good place to work
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNOctober 15, 2017
The Fargo/Moorhead area is a great place to live and work. Concordia is a small Lutheran liberal arts college, with strong Norwegian roots. The students are hardworking farm kids, and the best students are a real joy to work with. The tenure/promotion process is very fair, with plenty of formative feedback and lots of open conversation about one's progress.
Re: Unlawful Discriminatory Practices
Cook (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNSeptember 26, 2017
Concordia College is a racist Institution, they racism stem from the admissions department to the Human Resources. A charge of discrimination will be filed on behave of the African-Americans attending there and they will get what's coming to them fake Christians. They are white devils!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Racism
Accommodating managerial staff.
Cook Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNSeptember 17, 2017
The management is very flexible and understanding of student responsibilities. The overall atmosphere is welcoming and there was always a person who could help you or answer any questions you might have had.
Pros
Free food with longer shifts.
Positive Environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJuly 7, 2017
Private mid-western Lutheran College of around 3000 students. The President of the College is great as were my lower level managers. You can take classes at 90% off. Great deals for the children of employees who attend college also.
Pros
tuition discount for self, spouce, dependents
Relaxed environment where I can set my own hours
Physics tutor (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed being able to work with other students and help them with their homework. Also being able to schedule around my own class schedule is great.
Learn A Lot and Have Lots of Fun Doing It
Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMay 11, 2017
Workers learn to handle a variety of tasks involved in working circulation at a library, from helping patrons, to inventory, to re shelving books. I would recommend the Carl B. to anyone looking to get started in library work!
company was like FAMILY
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 14, 2016
Working at Concordia was a great place.Management was great they ahd a open door policy.If there was something no matter big or small they worked it out with you.I became friends with so many students was the best part.They worked with me in summer as student workers.They all made me so proud of them I treated them like a co worker not student.I still keep incontact with them all.My husband battled cancer the last 6 months i was there and I could not made it through all tough days without my student workers or my managers. I learned so much on different cultureswhen I worked there.
Pros
So many faces with smiles and love
Cons
nothing
Professional Environment
Recital Stamper, Stage Manager and Recorder (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJanuary 17, 2016
I worked at this job for four years as a student. I enjoyed every moment of working as a student secretary. Supervisors and Management always treated me with respect and understanding. I learned a great deal about office work during my time there.
Great people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJanuary 11, 2016
I would come downstairs and clock in, while the people were greeting me. Then I would wash my hand, put on some gloves and start scrubbing away at the dishes, putting dishes away or loading dishes into the dishwasher. Only cons were: the heat, but that's expected.
Pros
Great people, easy, short, friendly
Cons
Hot downstairs
Excellent Teaching Experience
Portuguese Professor (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNNovember 20, 2015
Concordia Language Village is a wonderful community of learning where people of all ages work together to make that place the most peaceful environment to learn a new language and culture. I would say that everybody learns more than a language. There we all, teachers and students, learn how it is possible to coexist with differences, how to respect each other point of view, how to appreciate the diversity, how to share more than only oxygen in this world. At Concordia Language Village we learn how to be human beings in a total and natural sense of words.
Pros
Respect for employees' work.
It's a great place to work as a student.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNApril 4, 2015
They offer many different shifts and you can work only a couple hours a week if you want. It is great for being a student and just spending a couple hours a week to refill the coffers. Everyone is very friendly, and the work itself is not difficult, it keeps you busy though.
Pros
If you work long enough in a day you get free snacks or lunches.
Cons
If you work a good number of hours per week, but never 4 or more in a single day, then you will never get a snack or meal on the house.
A fast-paced, knowledge stimulating experience
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJanuary 27, 2015
As a Dietetic Intern, I am responsible for organizing and completing my competency projects in a timely and professional manner. I work alongside many registered dietitians and other professionals to gain knowledge about the clinical, foodservice management, and community areas of dietetics. In my time as an intern thus far, I have improved by skills as a future registered dietitian and gained invaluable knowledge that will make me successful in the future.
It is a positive environment focused on helping students succeed.
Custodian II (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNNovember 19, 2014
My day begins at 5am where I start of doing offices and educational parts of campus. Once classes begin I work on the dorms and other areas of campus. I have gone through and organized all of my work areas and the areas that I need to access for supplies. My current supervisor is very appreciative of my efforts. My former supervisor was mentoring me in improving my management skills until the demands of his new position limited his availability. The most difficult part of my day is trying to stay busy enough to make the time pass more quickly. The best part of my job is knowing that all my efforts are appreciated and that my schedule can be flexible enough to accommodate my needs as a working single parent.
Pros
Flexible scheduling and having a Monday through Friday job.
Cons
I am often unable to stay as busy as I would like to.