Concordia Group Employee Reviews

Challenging and enjoyable
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 28, 2017
I would say Concordia Group was a good job, both as a carpenter and construction manager. Stressful and challenging at times, but also a great work experience.
Great experience
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VADecember 14, 2017
Concordia Group was an wonderful experience for me in the nursing field. The job provided much gain for experience with helping people that was much less capable to do for themselves.
Highly professional envious
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMarch 14, 2016
Do not listen to the peole that call this great company a sweat shop! They produce high quality work. Work to life balance is excellent. The pay and benefits are also great.
Pros
Pay, benefits, quality work, and experience
Cons
Non
Challenging and productive
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJuly 28, 2015
Concordia Wirelesses Inc. is a great place to work with excellent work/life balance and flexible work hours. The work is challenging and rewarding. The managers are very supportive and helpful. Great working experience and training provided. Also, the wages are highly competitive in the industry.
Pros
Healthcare, benefits, PTO time, training, matching 401k, bonuses
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Busy workplace
Project Designer (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 25, 2012
A typical day at work would be working on construction drawings for cell phone tower sites using AutoCAD. First I will review the overall scope of work the project requires, then start brainstorming and thinking of a strategy for the overall design of the cell site compound, then continue doing the entire construction drawing set and lastly review my own work and redline my mistakes. Once that part is complete I will fix my redlines and proceed to hand the drawings over to our project manager.

I learned plenty of things working here at Concordia such as time managment, how to work as a team, to be very detail oriented, patient and determined. I also learned how to handle more than one project at a time and I now understand how to balance my time so that I am able to complete both projects within the same day.

As far as the management at Concordia can be a little weak; definitely an area that needs some improvement, but overall the managers are very understanding and will do their best to work with their employees.

I really enjoy working with all of my co-workers. They are easy to get along with and very helpful.

The hardest part of my job is to meet our project deadlines. At times some deadlines really seemed unrealistic and impossible but somehow we managed to reach our goals as a team.

The most enjoyable part about my job is using my creativity and skills and what I learned in my interior design program. I also get to use the programs I love such as AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop.
Pros
hour lunch break, managers are very understanding
Cons
healthcare, promotions, no bonuses