Concordia Lutheran Church Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great way to get some work experience or post-retirement employment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 8, 2018
It was a very simplistic tutoring job for a church. The pay was appropriate to what the job was and everyone was always super nice. Daily tasks including supervising the children, explaining any problems or concerns with the parents, as well as assisting the kids with their homework. The only thing I didn't find appealing about the job was when you are laid off from the job, no one informs you. You have to go hunt down that information from your employer and nag them constantly before you get your answer.
Pros
Easy-going, relaxed atmosphere, flexible hours
Cons
Employer-employee communication
Enjoyable, supportive environment
Receptionist Office Administration (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNApril 6, 2018
Most of the time I worked alone on admin duties. I learned to balance and prioritize tasks, to delegate when needed. The environment of the job was positive and friendly. The hardest part was an unclear designation for duties shared by to secretaries (job share). The most enjoyable part was interacting with parish members who came in for various needs.
Pros
Being trusted to work alone.
Cons
No benefits, no pay increases over 7 year period.
It was okay
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 27, 2017
There wasn't very good instruction on what was expected or training, so I felt lost most of the time. After a year I still didn't feel confidant in my job and kind of sad.
Pros
Cozy environment
Cons
lack of training
Very busy with limited resources
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 12, 2017
This was a part time job. We had a daycare when I was employed there. I learned to be respectful to all people equally. My boss was the daycare board, it was alright. We had a lot of turnaround with working staff. Mostly due to wages and long hours.
Collecting from parents when fees were due. Most enjoyable was getting to know the people and the children. I learned something new everyday!
Pros
Free lunch, Could wear overalls/jeans to work
Joy to work for
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for them. They were the best. But they closed the doors of the center. If not I would still be there. I loved that place. It was a joy.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Authentic place to serve and worship
Worship Leader (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMarch 28, 2017
Concordia is the most supportive group of people I've had the honor of knowing and working with. There's always someone to lift your spirits and challenge you.
Pros
culture
volunteer
Youth Bible Teacher/VBS Counselor (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILNovember 9, 2014
Its a little more than half an hour every Sunday, I learned very basic teaching skills, how to set up basic lessons and curriculum. I am my boss, I work alone. The entire job is enjoyable to me.
wonderful experience
Minister to Junior Youth (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood,MOAugust 16, 2014
great work environment, lots of love, always working and someone is always watching
Rewarding job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNDecember 28, 2011
Wonderful atmosphere to work in with wonderful people to work by your side.
Pros
rewarding work and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no healthcare program, no advancement