Concordia University Ann Arbor

Working at Concordia University Ann Arbor: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

studentconcordiagreattimejobuniversityculturemanagement

Good place to work, flexible schedule.

Employees are mostly retired law enforcement, security, corrections, firefighters, dispatchers, and educators. Some employees are Criminal Justice students looking for experience/resume builder. Work schedule is the most flexible I have seen. Beautiful campus, very positive atmosphere. Uniforms provided. Employee discounts for sport/cultural events on campus. Structured training program for new hires. There are at least two Campus Safety officers working during each shift. Shifts are 8 hours. Campus Safety is 24/7 operation.

Pros

Excellent place to work, management works around your schedule so you can work another job or attend school, employees receive 75% off of school at Concordia, plenty of exercise walking around campus to stay in shape, employee discount for on campus dining/events, students are respectful.

Cons

Could use more office space.

Terrible experience and management

Such terrible management, and culture. If you are looking to be treated like a worthless person, apply here. I can't think of an advantage other than they seemed to sometimes be able to promote a work life balance.

Concordia University Ann Arbor insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive and fun workplace

I learned the importance of teamwork between various professors and administrators. During a typical workday I would stock supply rooms and simulation rooms.

Great people and mission!

The culture is very positive and encouraging and the people are very supportive. It is difficult to advance professionally into positions that can provide enough income to live comfortably in the Ann Arbor area (which, admittedly, has a ridiculously high cost of living). Now that my spouse is back to work and providing second income, I would work there again in a heartbeat, if given the opportunity.

Generally slow, and structured work

Shifts were often long with lots of time between morning and afternoon meals. Daily responsibilities were consistent with the exception of catering events. Such events were not translated to me ahead of time, so adaptability was necessary.

It is overall a good place for a student worker.

It was a very good for helping build a schedule that merged school, work, and sports. I have learned many different skills that includes building, and refurbishing.

Maintenance

Get there on time. Checking with my boss and receive instructions immediately. Find coworkers, organize ourselves in order to complete the tasks. Everyone is a team, there is no communication or culture problems. The most enjoyable is the enjoyable environment that our bosses provide us which motivate us to do things right.

Family

Great atmosphere and friendly people who feel like family. You really get to know everyone on a personal level. Always looked forward to going in to work every day.

Events Staff

Labor Intensive,Good People to work with. Fast paced. Non stop, go go, new events each time, Non profit charities. Hours vary, 5 hour to 8+hour shifts.

Pros

pay

Cons

body tasking

A caring environment

Concordia University is filled with wonderful people. It is a relaxed, Christian environment of people that care for each other. I am pleased to have experienced it.

Decent place to work

Not a place for advancement. A lot of politics involved. Empty promises, and us.nfairness to hard workers. Demand too much from hard workers compared to lazy one

Pros

Understanding management

Cons

No benefits, no advancement, and too many politics

Great place to work during school

Worked as a resident assistant for 3 years. During this time I was able to develop lifelong relationships, and grow professionally. The Leadership was committed to investing in their employees.

Pros

Incredible leadership

Cons

N/a

Adjunct Professor

autonomy committed students Christian liberality pay at end of course need to pursue resources outside of direct report experience in blackboard a plus

Was a Good Place To Work

I really enjoyed working security for CUAA. The pay was decent, the benefits were excellent. I was given opportunity for OT, however, there was little or no room for advancement in the security department. They could have used more officers as well, only one officer was on duty for most of the shifts.

A place where personal growth and personal health is valued.

Concordia University Ann Arbor's student life department led by the dean of students put a lot of effort in developing its students, but also the staff members as well. The department values the growth of the employees through workshops, team activities, attending conferences. The department also values personal emotional heath. The family culture at work definitely helps bring unity to the department.

Pros

Room for creativity, loving and caring supervisors

Amazing!

Amazing company and environment. When you are there you are family. If you are looking to focus your faith or grow in your faith there is no better place to be.

A great start

While I was there received exposure to the inner workings of a marketing department. This is day to day design nothing spectacular but consistent quality.

Housekeeping at Concordia University

I have been at the job for a short time but work with some really nice people. Cleaning rooms, buildings or the dormitories is not too bad. Management have been great.

Pros

Working with some great people

Productive and informational meetings with struggling students

I really love this job. I love watching students understand concepts. However, it does not provide any growth within the company or benefits. I am considered a student worker and therefore will no longer have this job when I am no longer a student.

Pros

Inspiring

Cons

Short-term

Great resume builder!

Great opportunity to observe and learn the basics of coaching. Similar to an internship with less of a work load. Great for students wanting to become coach!

Fun and productive environment with passionate coworkers

My internship at Concordia consisted of a lot of different experiences. I was able to help with their golf outing, put in a frisbee golf course on campus, research for the sports information director as well as research for possible additions to their athletic program.

Common questions about Concordia University Ann Arbor

Answered by current and former employees at Concordia University Ann Arbor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concordia University Ann Arbor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits