Concordia University Employee Reviews

Productive and learned alot
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 20, 2018
It was a productive job but the pay was poor. I was working part time as a help desk assistant with work study students. It was fun and I learned a lot from the managers there,
Opportunities abound
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
This company is three years into a leadership shift. I think there is a lot of positive opportunity, but I do not have enough experience with this company to make a determination as to the positivity of the shift. All I can say is that things are changing, and it is good to be in the ground floor of change.
Pros
super laid back
Cons
Communication and compensation lag competitors
Very poor place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 6, 2018
Leadership at this university from an operational standpoint is non-exsistant. Project advancement and development does not happen. If it does happen, it takes them years to execute something that should only take a month or so. Everyone flies by the seat of their pants and pre-planning and proactive measures are not taken with anything.

The reason management is so terrible at this university is because people are promoted based on the CEO's personal opinion of them and not based on their success in the workplace. Its a popularity contest.

The university does not put money into their technology or their campus. Technology is over 15 years old and instead of investing in new systems they insist on putting money into old systems that are obsolete or don't function at all. This institution relies heavily on "plausible deniability" regarding their safety culture. This was what was expressly told to me by senior officials at this institution.

My recommendation is to work at a place which actually holds a serious work ethic.
Pros
Competitive salary, nice people
Cons
poor leadership, poor project planning, no sense of direction
Easy, laid back job
Weight room monitor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2018
My job consisted of making sure everyone who entered the weight room was a student or faculty member. I also wiped down and racked all the weights at the beginning and end of every shift.
Pros
flexible hours, management
Cons
short work hours
Decent place to work
Janitor/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 48105January 27, 2018
Not a place for advancement. A lot of politics involved. Empty promises, and us.nfairness to hard workers. Demand too much from hard workers compared to lazy one
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
No benefits, no advancement, and too many politics
Caring culture
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Concordia University is a very caring place to work. The staff really takes the time to get to know their adjuncts in order to better place them in classes that are best suited for their teaching style.
Great place to work during school
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 31, 2017
Worked as a resident assistant for 3 years. During this time I was able to develop lifelong relationships, and grow professionally. The Leadership was committed to investing in their employees.
Pros
Incredible leadership
Cons
N/a
Wonderful Christian atmosphere
Instructional Designer, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIOctober 24, 2017
Wonderful place to work; team atmosphere, great home/work balance. Management truly appreciated the teams and demonstrated this. Outstanding classes, beautiful campus.
Pros
Teamwork, collaborate nature.
Cons
work from home was taken away
Great!
Nursing Instructor-Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 18, 2017
Great!! Excellent!! Everyone is very kind and willing to help each other out. They strive for nursing excellence. Faculty is very supportive and loyal.
Housekeeping part time in Concordia
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2017
The job is pretty simple and is very flexible to each student who wants to work part time. Just plug in and out after your shift. You start training as they ask you how diligent you are at cleaning. They then give you a bucket in your shift where the necessary items are given.
Pros
flexible
Cons
can't control more hours
Great work environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2017
Staff and faculty members are welcoming but the university is not prone to change. It seems to be difficult to advance in certain departments if you are not embedded in the Lutheran community.

The benefits offered by the university are great, with flexible hours during the summer months.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
not much room for advancement
Adjunct Professor
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, Leadership (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 7, 2017
autonomy
committed students
Christian liberality
pay at end of course
need to pursue resources outside of direct report
experience in blackboard a plus
Was a Good Place To Work
Security Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working security for CUAA. The pay was decent, the benefits were excellent. I was given opportunity for OT, however, there was little or no room for advancement in the security department. They could have used more officers as well, only one officer was on duty for most of the shifts.
Good work life balance. Weekends off
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WISeptember 6, 2017
I learned the art of public relations while working at Concordia University Wisconsin. It has a great culture with good management in place. I wrote and distributed press releases on a daily basis and responded to media inquiries when needed. I was editor of the alumni magazine at Concordia University Wisconsin and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Salary a bit low
Fun and challenging place to work
Spanish Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MinnesotaSeptember 5, 2017
To work for Concordia University,a great experience, the staff is willing to help, update and trained the language personnel for a better performance.
Pros
Work opportunities in other fields
Great Experience as a Student Worker
LEAD Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 16, 2017
I gained a lot of experience working as a student leader at Concordia University. I am very appreciative of the opportunities they led me to. I love the high energy, interactive, ethical culture of this workplace.
Diversity is their strength
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2017
Really enjoyed being heard and your ideas appreciated. The entire staff are kind and understanding. It is okay not to know. Environment to grow professionally
Pros
Flexiable
fun workplace
House Keeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILAugust 4, 2017
The workplace culture is great and the job itself is fairly easy. There isn't anything hard about the job really. Management is great and so are your coworkers.
Don't waste your time
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 31, 2017
The management in the nursing department will have a lawsuit on their hands if they do not watch how they treat employees. It is a depressive work environment.
The small work groups (curriculum teams) are very effective. The wok is challenging. I schedule my own time.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 21, 2017
The work is exclusively on-line. There is a great deal of autonomy. There is a move to make the course work more consistent (course to course). The best part of the job is the ability to schedule the work and do it from anywhere. The most challenging part is not having face-to-face mentoring opportunities with the students. There are quarterly meetings of the professors of each course. This establishes an effective professional learning community and provides collegial support.