Concordia of Monroeville Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concordia of monroevilleSeptember 14, 2018
The management sucks! The place is understaffed, and to make matters worse they catch 2-3 mice per every other day! Not fair to employees, what's good for one isn't good for all. Needs to be managed better and staffed better to care for elderly.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Mice running around..
Not worth the stress
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 7, 2018
Honestly, if you're reading this it's not worth it (coming from someone who's currently working here). The management sucks. The pay is the only semi decent thing. The employees are lazy and not team players. I wouldn't put my mother in this home either.
Normal nursing home enviroment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 3, 2018
They are understaffed but will say they have the required staff ratio which may be true but felt if they cared about their residents and employees more so than how much money they brought in they would be staffed better with more qualified staff.
Pros
Flexible schedule and overtime
Cons
Over worked and understaffed
Employees worked as a team. Management was approachable
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 13, 2017
The Pros to working at Concordia was every day was and could be different. I enjoyed being busy, but not slammed. Management was approachable. With the exception of a few employees, everyone worked as a team.
Very stressful environment, really under staffed. And bullying there is ridiculous
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 8, 2017
I love doing my job, I love taking care of people. I have a big heart and just wants best for the elderly that I would take care of. It's hard to find good people to help and I truly believe I am one of those people who can help anyone or everyone on my floor rotation etc. I believe that the residents deserve a happy fun worker that's around them to bring them up.
Pros
Love my residents and taking care of them
Cons
Never get a break and they take 30 minutes out of my pay regardless
Internship
Healthcare Administration and Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 29, 2016
Overall it was a great experience. I was never able to take the courses in LTC before this internship and feel that I had learned so much in my short time at Concordia of Monroeville. I really enjoyed my time there and was sad to leave when the internship had ended.
Pleasant working environment, organized, employees work together with patients to acheive their goals.
Prn (Current Employee) –  Cabot, PASeptember 1, 2016
Enjoy working at all of the Concordias , employees are friendly, work well together. The hardest part of the day is keeping to your posted schedule due to patient meals. I enjoy assisting patients and encouraging them to achieve their goals
Pros
supervisors work with employees to achieve success
Cons
census flucuates from verylow to very high
Critically understaffed please apply
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 11, 2016
I enjoy the opportunity I have to positively impact residents' quality of life. The pay is better than just about everywhere else. Raises and advancement are widely available as the company is experiencing rapid growth. Lots of overtime available.
Pros
Good benefits and pay, flexible management
Cons
Understaffed
It was a job.
FLOOR NURSE/ UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 9, 2015
Before Concordia bought it. It was called Cedars and a wonderful place to work. It was fun, easy going, stress free, and the residents were happy.
Just your typical work day.
Dietary Aide/ Server (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 5, 2015
More improvements need to be made as a whole for the building in particular as in carpet cleaned in the dining area, more nurse aides for all three floors.
Pros
Pretty good place.
Cons
More care for the residents and employee's.
Very demanding job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 15, 2013
This place was a great way to refresh or learn how to cook. Everything on the menu is homemade and made daily. My co- workers were the best part to this stepping stone.