Condé Nast Employee Reviews

Fashion is fun
Integrated Marketing Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
Challenging and demanding environment with a focus on cutting edge marketing and brand opportunities. Digital savvy offerings for a print publication.
Great place
Director of Integrated Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
love the culture and ability to work in a private company with massive resources and scale. Fantastic support staff and the ability to move up in ones career.
A comfortable work environment
Macintosh/Windows Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
I worked at Fairchild a remote subdivision of conde and my manager sheltered me from a lot of the nonsense that went on at conde proper. It was a unique opportunity I was lucky to fall into. At the time, I thought it was a dead end, it turned out not to be.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to help along the way and learn about on a daily basis.
great workplace which keeps you alert and gives more learning experience
Badge Administrator/Office Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2019
very competitive and challenging work place where one has to be alert and active to meet up the fast paced work. learnt COI, ticketing, visitor registration, surveillance investigation, daily summary, good customer service, scheduling deliveries, creating vendor accounts, dispatching management team, and much more. Good learning experience so far with supportive and active team in carrying out various tasks.
Pros
amazing cafes, good location
Great people, Poor Management
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Condé Nast is bursting with potential. The only issue is, management fails to look down the heirchal totem pole for inspiration. Listen to your WHOLE staff. The key to getting employee to stick around is making them feel heard, respected, and valued.
Company is on a down slide
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2018
Lots of layoffs looming. everyone is worried about who is going to be removed tomorrow. Now the CEO is stepping down and this means more layoff coming at the beginning of the new year.
Pros
upscale, sophisticted
Cons
superficial
A very good company....however the company has experienced management turnover
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
Very good management and culture during my time there. Company has recently suffered due to downturn in the magazine industry. Loss of ad revenue has hurt the bottom line dramatically.
Pros
Great management and culture
Cons
Loss or sales recently due to downturn in the magazine industry.
Productive and Creative work place
Marketing Freelancer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
Conde Nast is an overall great place to work fostering creativity and ingenuity among its employees. Conde affords its employees the opportunity to grow professionally, to learn, and experience the best of the best in publishing.
Top Heavy with those that have high value impact not receiving recognition
Manager, Advertising Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
A very "play the game" to advance work culture on the digital operation side. Not a place to work past two years in the same function, despite many career development programs. Way too much restructuring, easily 10 different leadership structures whilst employed
A good company to learn and grow with. High energy
Administrator Polycom, Zoom, Alexa4Business (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 30, 2018
My experience at Conde Nast was a very education and enjoyable experience until the day they told me they were downsizing. I was responsible for many innovations and new technology at the company such as the introduction of voice command technology using the Amazon Alexa4Business solution for zoom VC integration.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lack of direction and management
An insight into fashion
Senior Desktop Support Analyst (Lead Tech) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2018
The culture of Conde is exciting at best. My coworkers were the most energetic and go getting bunch I've ever worked with. Being an IT professional,, I was able to experience every brand under the Conde Nast umbrella and gained some knowledge and insight of ad sales, production and editorial.
Opportunity to grow and learn
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
My time at Conde Nast was short, but my impression was everlasting. My mentors were willing to teach patiently while allowing me the opportunity to work independently from home.
Great Place to Work If You Like Formulaic Content
Content (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Conde is a great place to work if you secure a full-time position with commensurate pay and if you get along with your manager. It is a company that is driven by the desire to succeed in providing content that receives as many views and impressions as possible, and if that is your thing, this is the company for you.
Benefits
Cons
There might be some politics that are hard to work with
Great location and employee benefits
Digital Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2018
Conde Nast is great company that gives employee amazing experience for moving up in your career. However, the company culture is toxic. The internal competition across brands causes for an unsupportive and catty environment.
Pros
building, benefits
Cons
work life balance is difficult and bad culture
Interesting place to work
Mailroom Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2018
I was a clerk when Merrill ran the mailroom. They let us all go when they lost the contract to someone else. Most of the other guys got hired by urban whatever which was good for them. I opted to leave which was the best move I’ve ever mad e
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Cons
Pay was bad.
Interesting Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 9, 2018
I have learned a lot here in my time. It has been challenging. I have been able to make decisions independently. Growth is slow in your job. It is always interesting at this company.
Productive & fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
A progressive place to work at, towards common goal of increasing brand loyalty & readership #s. Company is very involved in employee satisfaction by providing many perks above & beyond what regular employers would provide. Very flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours, generous healthcare benefits
poor salary compensation
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2018
They don't do any cost of living adjustments. Company is constantly churning people and changing structure, . Work in a great building thats about it.
cool workplace good people
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed getting to say I worked in the world trade center everyday. the people were welcoming and made me feel at home fast. i wish it was a full time job.
Pros
food, people
Cons
temporary
wonderful
QUALITY OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
22 years I loved it and the people I worked with became family. Learned the most, had mentors and the ability to mentor others. Collaborating environment where hard work is championed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Condé Nast. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Condé Nast.

Powered by Comparably