Condé Nast Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Mailroom Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2018
I was a clerk when Merrill ran the mailroom. They let us all go when they lost the contract to someone else. Most of the other guys got hired by urban whatever which was good for them. I opted to leave which was the best move I’ve ever mad e
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Cons
Pay was bad.
Interesting Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 9, 2018
I have learned a lot here in my time. It has been challenging. I have been able to make decisions independently. Growth is slow in your job. It is always interesting at this company.
Productive & fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
A progressive place to work at, towards common goal of increasing brand loyalty & readership #s. Company is very involved in employee satisfaction by providing many perks above & beyond what regular employers would provide. Very flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours, generous healthcare benefits
poor salary compensation
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2018
They don't do any cost of living adjustments. Company is constantly churning people and changing structure, . Work in a great building thats about it.
cool workplace good people
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed getting to say I worked in the world trade center everyday. the people were welcoming and made me feel at home fast. i wish it was a full time job.
Pros
food, people
Cons
temporary
wonderful
QUALITY OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
22 years I loved it and the people I worked with became family. Learned the most, had mentors and the ability to mentor others. Collaborating environment where hard work is championed.
Wonderful place to build a career
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2018
Condé Nast has been an amazing company to build, foster, and grow a career in Technology. Through training, executive coaching, and the space to build projects and initiatives, they are top-notch.
Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
Fair salaries. Hard-working teammates. Wonderful cafeteria.
I had freedom in my job and was trusted by my superiors and colleagues. There is a sense of teamwork and I was happy there.
Prestigious Publishing Firm But Extremely Difficult People
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I worked for them for one year in the Corporate Sales Advertising department assisting Advertising Directors for Multiple Titles.

I found the culture to be verbally abusive, over worked, and paid very little for the volume of work I was expected to complete.
Pros
Cool events and free beauty products
Cons
Verbally Abusive Environment by Managers
Industry leader managing through change
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Condé Nast has a tremendous legacy as a leader in publishing and journalism, which opens opportunities for both access and creativity. However constant changes in management can make for an unsettling work environment.
More self-centered but generally good
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 2, 2018
As with most places you have to drive your own career. CN will only drive you as far as it takes to get you where they want you the rest is on you. Some managers have a better style but it is not something that Conde insists upon. It can be good just remember no one, but you can make things happen. If you can be the driving force all else will be good.
Pros
Tries to be progressive, privately owned
Cons
self centered, only care about the work the people are secondary, pay can be under market but not always
Great
Translation and subtitling Condé Nast (Current Employee) –  Mexico CityMay 22, 2018
Great place for a freelancer to work. Respect and plenty of job
Great place to work, one of the most prestigious media copmanies
Bon Appétit/Architectural Digest, Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
I loved working here, it was a great opportunity to transition from photography into video content. Which has become what I love to do.

This job gave me an irreplaceable amount of experience creating content for a high end brand.

I spent my time conceiving, producing, shooting, and editing content for either Bon Appétit or Architectural Digest

I most enjoyed learning from the experience of my superiors and getting to create content that I loved.
Pros
Very fulfilling place to work
Cons
Working in the World Trade Center can be strange, there are a lot of intense personalities
many ad agency driven projects
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Sometimes the art directors had to much of a chip on their shoulder, which never helped a project. The Ego should be the project at hand, and never a particular individual. Working together having fun creating something great should be the key.
Company identity in transition
PC/Mac Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
Treading water, in survival mode, trying to stay afloat with strained resources and disoriented personnel. Old culture is being scuttled in desperation to bring on cheaper labor with innovative ideas that might just rescue this sinking behemoth. Going in too many directions at once, hoping at least a few will prove profitable as balance sheet continues to bleed red ink
Pros
Smart. creative people
Cons
Turnover
Articulate and fun
Video Producer and Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
The manager I worked for was communicative, clear and focused. She gave me initial direction, did not micro manage, I did the job and we all went home happy!
Pros
Human
Lots of learning
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  NYCMay 10, 2018
At Conde Nast there was a lot of cross-training where we could sit with other departments to learn what their role was. This helped our jobs tremendously.
Changing industry
Senior Director, Business - Editorial (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
Company is going through lots of changes, trying to find the direction it wants to move in. Employees feel vulnerable. The company tries to make the employee feel heard.
A Great Place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 3, 2018
One of the FUNEST places I have ever worked. They would have free lunch with meetings, Bagels every Wednesday, and provided a great place to work.

I was only a temp there and my contract ended early, but working there was one of the best things I did in 2017. The job paid well, and was not boring at all. There was something new to learn almost every day, and the people there were just the nicest they could me. I really miss working there.
Pros
Benefits, Nice People to work with, Pay
Cons
Job Security at this time, they are not doing financially that well
Beware of Redesign!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Company is going through endless restructure and as a result, there are plenty of shifts throughout the company. Some that change the facade of the pedigree. Others...not noticeable to the exec level management. Great place to work...until it's not.
Pros
Upbeat, modern style of work environment.
Cons
Absolute day to day uncertain stability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Condé Nast. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight