Condé Nast Employee Reviews

A good company to learn and grow with. High energy
Administrator Polycom, Zoom, Alexa4Business (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 30, 2018
My experience at Conde Nast was a very education and enjoyable experience until the day they told me they were downsizing. I was responsible for many innovations and new technology at the company such as the introduction of voice command technology using the Amazon Alexa4Business solution for zoom VC integration.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lack of direction and management
Great Place to Work If You Like Formulaic Content
Content (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Conde is a great place to work if you secure a full-time position with commensurate pay and if you get along with your manager. It is a company that is driven by the desire to succeed in providing content that receives as many views and impressions as possible, and if that is your thing, this is the company for you.
Benefits
Cons
There might be some politics that are hard to work with
A very good company....however the company has experienced management turnover
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
Very good management and culture during my time there. Company has recently suffered due to downturn in the magazine industry. Loss of ad revenue has hurt the bottom line dramatically.
Pros
Great management and culture
Cons
Loss or sales recently due to downturn in the magazine industry.
Top Heavy with those that have high value impact not receiving recognition
Manager, Advertising Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
A very "play the game" to advance work culture on the digital operation side. Not a place to work past two years in the same function, despite many career development programs. Way too much restructuring, easily 10 different leadership structures whilst employed
An insight into fashion
Senior Desktop Support Analyst (Lead Tech) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2018
The culture of Conde is exciting at best. My coworkers were the most energetic and go getting bunch I've ever worked with. Being an IT professional,, I was able to experience every brand under the Conde Nast umbrella and gained some knowledge and insight of ad sales, production and editorial.
Productive and Creative work place
Marketing Freelancer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
Conde Nast is an overall great place to work fostering creativity and ingenuity among its employees. Conde affords its employees the opportunity to grow professionally, to learn, and experience the best of the best in publishing.
Great location and employee benefits
Digital Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2018
Conde Nast is great company that gives employee amazing experience for moving up in your career. However, the company culture is toxic. The internal competition across brands causes for an unsupportive and catty environment.
Pros
building, benefits
Cons
work life balance is difficult and bad culture
Prestigious Publishing Firm But Extremely Difficult People
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I worked for them for one year in the Corporate Sales Advertising department assisting Advertising Directors for Multiple Titles.

I found the culture to be verbally abusive, over worked, and paid very little for the volume of work I was expected to complete.
Pros
Cool events and free beauty products
Cons
Verbally Abusive Environment by Managers
More self-centered but generally good
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 2, 2018
As with most places you have to drive your own career. CN will only drive you as far as it takes to get you where they want you the rest is on you. Some managers have a better style but it is not something that Conde insists upon. It can be good just remember no one, but you can make things happen. If you can be the driving force all else will be good.
Pros
Tries to be progressive, privately owned
Cons
self centered, only care about the work the people are secondary, pay can be under market but not always
Interesting place to work
Mailroom Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2018
I was a clerk when Merrill ran the mailroom. They let us all go when they lost the contract to someone else. Most of the other guys got hired by urban whatever which was good for them. I opted to leave which was the best move I’ve ever mad e
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Cons
Pay was bad.
Great place to work, one of the most prestigious media copmanies
Bon Appétit/Architectural Digest, Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
I loved working here, it was a great opportunity to transition from photography into video content. Which has become what I love to do.

This job gave me an irreplaceable amount of experience creating content for a high end brand.

I spent my time conceiving, producing, shooting, and editing content for either Bon Appétit or Architectural Digest

I most enjoyed learning from the experience of my superiors and getting to create content that I loved.
Pros
Very fulfilling place to work
Cons
Working in the World Trade Center can be strange, there are a lot of intense personalities
Productive & fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
A progressive place to work at, towards common goal of increasing brand loyalty & readership #s. Company is very involved in employee satisfaction by providing many perks above & beyond what regular employers would provide. Very flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours, generous healthcare benefits
Company identity in transition
PC/Mac Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
Treading water, in survival mode, trying to stay afloat with strained resources and disoriented personnel. Old culture is being scuttled in desperation to bring on cheaper labor with innovative ideas that might just rescue this sinking behemoth. Going in too many directions at once, hoping at least a few will prove profitable as balance sheet continues to bleed red ink
Pros
Smart. creative people
Cons
Turnover
A Great Place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 3, 2018
One of the FUNEST places I have ever worked. They would have free lunch with meetings, Bagels every Wednesday, and provided a great place to work.

I was only a temp there and my contract ended early, but working there was one of the best things I did in 2017. The job paid well, and was not boring at all. There was something new to learn almost every day, and the people there were just the nicest they could me. I really miss working there.
Pros
Benefits, Nice People to work with, Pay
Cons
Job Security at this time, they are not doing financially that well
Opportunity to grow and learn
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
My time at Conde Nast was short, but my impression was everlasting. My mentors were willing to teach patiently while allowing me the opportunity to work independently from home.
A great experience!
Human Resources Coordinator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
I was only employed temporarily at Conde Nast, however the time I spent there was amazing! I had a very supportive, collaborative supervisor who made sure I was trained thoroughly to complete my job tasks. She was very polite and made sure to give me challenging projects so I would learn and grow. The workplace culture was fast-paced but very team-oriented. Everyone I had the pleasure to work with was kind, helpful and very motivating.
Industry leader managing through change
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Condé Nast has a tremendous legacy as a leader in publishing and journalism, which opens opportunities for both access and creativity. However constant changes in management can make for an unsettling work environment.
Beware of Redesign!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Company is going through endless restructure and as a result, there are plenty of shifts throughout the company. Some that change the facade of the pedigree. Others...not noticeable to the exec level management. Great place to work...until it's not.
Pros
Upbeat, modern style of work environment.
Cons
Absolute day to day uncertain stability.
Wonderful place to build a career
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2018
Condé Nast has been an amazing company to build, foster, and grow a career in Technology. Through training, executive coaching, and the space to build projects and initiatives, they are top-notch.
many ad agency driven projects
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Sometimes the art directors had to much of a chip on their shoulder, which never helped a project. The Ego should be the project at hand, and never a particular individual. Working together having fun creating something great should be the key.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Condé Nast. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Condé Nast.