Conduent
Happiness rating is 48 out of 100

Conduent Employee Reviews

United States6,179 reviews

Found 6,179 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,311 reviews

Great people to work with and for

Featured review

Conduent selected this as a representative review
Traning was quick and informative. I felt very supported while I was employed with this company. Starting pay is better than most and there is room for advancement rather quickly.

Pros

Supportive environment

Cons

The scheduling can be rough when you first start

Decent company

Friendly employees. Perk is you get to help better others lives. Management is not helpful. Supervisors are either waiting for retirement, or there for salary. If problems arise you are required to handle on own.

Conduent insights

Based on 4,967 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Don't stay

Management is all over the place. Getting a good supervisor is a gamble. I've had supervisors that were the most unprofessional people on earth and conducting team meetings like they were high school juveniles. People appearing on camera bathrobes. Bullying on camera during training like a Disney movie and the supervisors not doing a thing to correct the behaviors. Malicious conversations in chat even though everything is 'recorded'. These people are grown adults.You learn a lot but it isn't worth the pay and you do not get raises for tenure/performance. You work here if you need a job but leave in a hurry, unless you're planning on advancing. Conduent needs to tighten up; it's about work behavior as well, not just about monitoring metrics.

Pros

help is frequently available to do job

Cons

management

Good work life balance

The shifts are 8 hr shifts usually between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday thru Friday. That is about the only thing to be excited about here. For the you will do the compensation does not match. Pay is by weekly full benefits after 180 days of employment. No advancement opportunities only lateral moves. The adverse office setting has a lot to be desired. Constant global system issues. This is just my experience at the Chesapeake call center

work from home

Leads are very easy going, work is done autonomously so they are not hovering you unless you are having system issues. The pay low, the work is easy, thats about it.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

low page, no overtime or raises

Very strict

Strict on me for no reason I do my job and do it to the best of my ability but no matter what it’s always a issue with them wouldn’t recommend job as a permanent thing

Hours constantly reduced for full time employees

If you work here full-time, expect to be given part-time hours for at least half of the year. This company doesn't have the funds to pay their employees so they cut everyone's hours across the board and have been doing this for years. At random times of the week and at random times of the day, you will have hours removed from your schedule, in which you are not allowed to work for an hour or two in the middle, beginning, or end of your shift, basically whenever the time management team decides is when you will have time off during the day at hours in which you could have been earning money at a different normal company that schedules you full-time because that is what you signed up for. They try to justify doing this by claiming it is the better alternative than having to lay people off even though people in the company expressed they would rather have lower-performing workers laid off so we can have full-time hours if that is the case. If that's even the reason and not because they want to cut costs and prevent having to pay people over time, which you end up having to work overtime most days because of the type of calls you have to take but you don't get paid overtime because the hours are cut in a way where they legally are not required to anymore, which is just unethical. Management seems over the top also. You can have one bad day out of thousands or one bad interaction and you are threatened with termination because of it. I would not suggest this job if you value your time or have any sense of dignity.

Overworked

Easy hiring process, terrible environment. Would like to see better management and better quality of work equipment. Good for temporary pay or building resume

Great place to grow and gain experience

I've been with conduent for two years now and within that time frame I have moved up in my position several times. The pay could be better but if you're looking for a company to grow within and gain experience in different roles, this is the place to do it. My coworkers are great as well and they are super supportive in others growth.

If you are a self starter and have the ability to work without constant supervision this could be the job your looking for. I have received 1 promotion and 2 raises in my 2 years with the company and am expecting another promotion and raise before November of this year!

Easy and fun

The job is pretty fun the pay is okay and the supervisors as well as my team is awesome, overall it’s a good place to work. I would recommend this job the only thing I can say is you don’t get paid when it’s their system that’s not working and that’s what makes it hard working there, is not knowing when the system would be down

Not having to answer phone calls

I love the job, it’s easy, I just hate the hours. I don’t think 2nd shift is a good shift for young people with small children as you have to completely focus on your work, and nothing else.

Pros

There’s always a chat open for questions

Cons

You only work 37.5 hours a week on 2nd shift.

Easy Money, but no job security

The interview process was pretty simple, they were doing bulk hiring and didn’t seem very thorough in their selection process. The training was great, but once you’re out on the floor it’s every man for him selves. The company Does a lot of bulk firing to rehire so it’s more like a contract position but they don’t tell you that. You get new supervisors like every month due to changes and sups leaving or getting let go from the company. Make sure your metrics are good all around, not just some areas or the areas you were told to focus on because any blind spots could mean termination or corrective action at any given moment. No job security but it’s good while it lasts.

fun and productive

overall working with the Conduent company from home as by far been the best employment opportunity for me. Starting pay is reasonable. This opportunity allows you to grow as far as you are willing to.

Great pay, fun environment, well managed. By far the greatest job I have ever had. They truly care if you have family issues going on. I would recommend working here. Best call center job I have ever had

Terrible

working remote for this company is terrible, training is the worst. communication SUCKS, management barely knows anything. just a horrible company to work for. equal opportunity? i don't believe it. the way they speak to people is so disrespectful!

Great people!

The System is older but its getting better. Great people to work with, used to have a cafeteria. No bonuses though but UNLIMITED PTO and you can 100% work from home.

Not a good experience

They tell you what you want to hear to tell you they can’t do what they promised, completely disappointed! Would not recommend this job to anyone! Never would I ever work for them again

Don’t do it

It’s terrible unprofessional unorganized they all over the place training is terrible they barely no how to train and the process sucks because they expect u to get on phones and no what u doing

Easy to get, hard to keep

Easy job to get because turn over is so high. Back to back calls are a nightmare & pay is way too little for how stressful and how much work there is. The callers receive so much misinformation. There is also mix matched info I have been given on what to tell them. The computer application system that you work with is dated & always having issues. If they could increase the time in between calls to a minute that would be so much better than back to back.

Coworkers/managers

I loved working with my coworkers. 2/4 supervisors was amazing. Call flow would fluate, overall a pretty easy job to do. Most of the people were pretty helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conduent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Conduent with

• Conduent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?