Cone Health

Cone Health Employee Reviews

United States446 reviews
cleaning rooms and making sure they are sanitized
expected to clean the discharged patient's room in 45 minutes to an hour

be finish in a decent time.
Pros
decent food, can use badge to tap for food
Cons
There may be biles on the floor, management can be slick individuals, there may be urine in different containers and things around the rooms, people may smell, there are alot of different smells, deal with it.
When I was first hired, our clinic did an excellent job at hiring employees for quality, work ethic and high value on patient care. We were a great team, willing to help each other. Once the hospital system felt it needed to enhance its' bottom line, there were so many rapid changes within our clinic; firing employees, increase in productivity, no compensation with what felt like a disregard for patient safety and employee satisfaction. This felt like it was in direct opposition to their "iCare values" to which they always circle back to. It felt like upper management wanted to line their own pockets. We started to feel like pack mules. The soul was sucked out of the clinic.
Pros
Pay, benefits, autonomy
Cons
Upper management has seemingly done plenty of training regarding ethos, pathos, logos. But always manage to show true colors with the bottom line being their priority, not the employees or patients.
Great compensation and good benefits. Management depends on what department you're in. Safe staffing ratios are not priority. Scheduling is not flexible.
Great place to work I worked prn nurse tech three years ago. I had no problems with my supervisor. My shift was mostly weekends some weekday. Reason I left I was having surgery and my contract I had to work 20 hrs a month.
Overall my experience has been great. Very supportive environment with a lot of room for personal and professional growth and development. Good work environment for learning.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I really enjoy working at cone health they are a great group of people who care about your success. There is a runway for growth and they strive for success.
Great place to work where the employees are passionate and truly care about the patients, the community and each other. They really value their employees and make them feel special overall.
I worked for two hospitals: Wesley Long Hospital and Behavioral Health Hospital. My team skills improved tremendously as I often set goals which were unbelievable. The units were helpful to my achievements. I felt like an integral part. I was often able to share in my abilities and experiences with directors. The staff also made my job an overall excellent experience. If you needed training, I like how the facility shared in the responsibilities.
I love my customers and we work as a team tbe insurance is to high wish it was cheaper it use to be if you got a write up it goes away after 3 months but now it a year fmla is something that you can apply for if you have health problems with you or family but the only problem is you only can apply for it after a year so it don't matter if you have a health problems when you get the job if you get points you can get fired when starting there you will be. On a probation for 3 months
Management sucks and will not work with you. They are no help and would rather you quit than for them to try and help your situation, whatever that may be.
Management is approachable and receptive to employee's needs. They encourage a work life balance. Pay seems to be competitive with other health care institutions in the area.
Pros
Bonus check at Christmas
Cons
Can't think of any
Needs to work on Management Skills better training with employees loved the quiet work environment but needed to be more organized hardest part of the job was coming in to a new work area everyday without the right help.
Keeping patients safe and maintaining patient privacy having a great work experience making sure all policies and procedures are carried . Being knowledgeable and having the abilities to carry out any disaster policies.
Fast paced office. The staff are friendly and willing to help you when you have questions regarding your workflow. Haven't been here long so I am still getting a feel of the place. But, do far so good
Pros
Releaxed dress code, allowed to listen to headphone/music while you work
Cons
short lunch, no overtime, benefits are exspensive
the job was great. kept me busy. learned a lot about our computer system and my patients were the best. management was the worst part of the job. most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping my patients and customers.
No regard for employment law. I was fired in the ER parking lot immediately following a WORKERS' COMP ACCIDENT. Company intentionally called a position salaried to avoid paying OT. Used an attorney to win both cases.
I enjoyed Cone because it was nice working with a diverse group of people. It is like having an extended family, and most people are there for the long-haul.
Cone Health is a great organization to work for. The facility is very nice and they are accommodating to both patients and employees. They have a very professional and competent staff. My coworkers are like family. I've truly enjoyed working at Wesley Long Hospital.
Career advancements and an all around place to learn and take pride in your job.
Great people to work with. I made a lot of friends at Cone Health, that I will always remember.
I worked at Cone as an RN for almost 10 years. My starting salary was low as a new grad, but I worked in several positions and by the time I left I was fairly well paid. Management fairness and integrity varies depending on the department you're in. Upper management is very political, not unlike most large organizations, but I think generally the company tries to do the right thing for patients, employees and the community.
Worked there many years and enjoyed it until I transferred into communications dept. Managment is terrible, unsupportive and gossip with certain employees frequently creating a difficult if not hostile work environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cone Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cone Health.