Cone Health Employee Reviews

Fast paced job with stressful days
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 23, 2018
I spend most of my day taking food orders and then building trays to have them delivered to the patients. Dealing with my co workers is my hardest part because they always try to start drama.
Fairly average job requirements/expectations but sub-par support
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Alamance County, NCNovember 7, 2018
For the position you work, the job is pretty much the same as anywhere else. Same demographic of patients, same duties and job expectations to be performed. However, Poor interpersonal skills from scheduling "manager:" plays favorites and if you're on their "bad side," as other co-workers put it, this person will not answer phone calls or text messages from you when attempting to contact about work conflicts, needing to call out, or even if a staff member on the schedule has not arrived for their shift and the previous shift is trying to figure out if there has been a call-out made or any contact of any kind. Staff on previous shifts will leave at their end of shift, whether or not relief is there to report off to. This is not the norm, but there are core "team" members who will refuse to stay past when they're required to, and give no care or concern to the idea of patients being unsupervised/patient abandonment. Likewise, nothing is done by management to curb this behavior, despite reporting by the oncoming shift team, who will arrive to find no tech staff on the floor to receive shift report from. Techs who dislike one hall over another will absolutely refuse to work where they don't want to, and will essentially bulldoze other staff into working the less desirable areas because of personal preference; again, the scheduling "manager" will say straight-up that they will NOT assign staff posts on a rotating basis to then alleviate staff/team tensions. Benefits are poor for working for such a large healthcare organization. If you have a doctor with whom you have an extensive  more... history but it's outside Cone's extremely narrow umbrella, you're out of luck, and forced to pay out of pocket for your own continued care. Benefits are touted as United Healthcare, but is actually UMR, which is basically the cheap, saving-employers-money-because-they're-required-to-offer-insurance-to-everyone version of Obamacare. Pay is higher here than previous employers, yes, but it's all going back out of your pocket to compensate for the lousy insurance. 403B matching is great at 4% after being with Cone for a year, no matching before. Nurse techs work 8s in facilities other than hospitals and nurses still get their 12s. Techs who are "preferred," however, are specially worked with to somehow get 12 hour shifts while the same isn't offered to others and you will be told isn't an option for you. Basically, go to work, keep your head down, do your job, and go home. The less waves you make, the less mess you'll hopefully catch.  less
Pros
Discounts for amusements, perks with companies, patients and families are great
Cons
Petty co-workers and "management"
Intense ,important patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC. And Reidsville NCNovember 5, 2018
Good place to work. Encouraged to increase skills and knowledge. Many days with no break. Enjoy working with team for positive outcomes I worked nights and felt that shifts needs were not considered enough
Pros
Good co workers. And 403 b
Cons
Short or no breaks at times
Great place to work if you enjoy healthcare
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 23, 2018
A typical day is coming in to work in my assigned area and complete as many task that are expected of me. The hardest part is trying to get everything done.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
na
departments may vary
Customer Service Government F/UP (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 18, 2018
The patient accounting department now is terrible. Cone is a big organization so not all departments are the same. It really depends on the mangment is the department your in.
Pros
some areas can be a very good work experience
Cons
some areas can have poor management
Good place to work.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 13, 2018
A good place to work. Pretty good benefits ( not as good as one would think for a health care company ). Fair pay for job responsibilities. Plenty of paid annual leave days.
Pros
Fair pay, decent benefits and PAL days.
great place to work
Endoscopic Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 8, 2018
my experince with cone health has been very beneficial to me as healthcare worker. I love and appreciate the support i was shown during the time i was enrolled in school. My management team were very flexible and understanding. there were times for personal reasons i needed assistance. management and staff were very supportive and resourceful with helping me get through those moments. for that i am thankful!
very busy place to work.
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 25, 2018
The ED department offers a variety of patients and events to keep skills fresh. The staff in the emergency department is family oriented including the dr. and nurses.
My Department
Materials Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 22, 2018
The management in my department is one of the hardest working managers I know the leadership skills they have toward the rest of the team really helps a normal workday more pleasant
Fast paced , challenging and rewarding
Contract Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 4, 2018
This on-call position was to provide spiritual care to patients and families experiencing a crisis of health or death. I wad paged to assist in a room or Emergency. I learned to listen to the heart cry of those going through crisis and to hear their inner need. I also provide assistance and comfort to the staff as they dealt with issues in their life. The workplace was collaborative and teamwork. It was challenging to deal with crises but rewarding to be an assistance to those in need.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
emotionally draining
Productive and fun place to work and very diverse.
Nurse Tech III Cone Health (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 20, 2018
It has a great atmosphere with caring people. You interact with all departments and meet people with smiling faces from different parts around the globe. It gives you room to grow and move to other departments.
Pros
Discount on our meals and stock. Room for advancement.
Cons
The point system if you go over you can be laid off or fired.
I thought this was a dream job, until I GOT my dream job
Licensed Professional Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 11, 2018
The pay was pitiful for a Masters Level Counselor. My next job paid 50% + higher than I made at Cone Health. Minimally supportive working as a single mother with small children. I enjoyed my work experience there, but would not go back!
Pros
exciting atmosphere
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hours, Management
Excellent first nursing job!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCAugust 9, 2018
I began working for Annie Penn Hospital, an affiliate of Cone Health right out of nursing school. I was in a mentorship program with a great nurse and all of the nurses in general were very helpful. I would strongly recommend this company!
Not the worst place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 4, 2018
I feel like I can't speak for the whole system but I know where I work particularly there is a lot to be desired. The management is not the best which in turn lowers morale altogether. They are flexible but just not efficient.
N/a
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 3, 2018
I starting working for The Cone Health system in 2011. Its s very good company to work for. They allow advancement and there is so much room for growth. I was working as a phlebotomist for 18 years and I decided to go back to school and further my education. Cone offered tuition reimbursement and discounts for being an employee. I was able to obtain my Associates degree in Medical Assistant while working for Cone and getting an employee discount. After completing school I was able to find a job within the Cone system as a CMA. I’ve decide to look into other medical specialties as a CMA. Maybe Dermatology or cardiology, or family practice.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
I don’t think OB GYN is for me
Room for growth
Admissions Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
Come Grow with us! Working here you have many options available for advancement! The staff is helpful, and working here is interesting with things happening everyday.
5* Company
Certified Hemodialysis Technician/CNA (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
I've been with Cone Health for 18 yrs, I would highly recommend this company for anyone wanting to grow in the profession of health care. Management work close along with the staff to make we have all
the information we would need to help with the care of our patient,Any given day would be very stressful but the team was able to go in and organize the night and bring calm to the situation
The rewarding part of the job was at the end of the night we accomplished our job as caretakers
Pros
5* Company
Cons
As always short staff
Great Place To Work
Service Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work if you are really wanting to learn something new and improved. Looking to get overtime is easy here at moses cone. I loved working there.
Pros
Learn new skills and become apart of a great family
Cons
If you want flexibility this is not the place for you.
Upper management do not live out the value of transparency with staff.
Patient Experience Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2018
I had the unfortunate experience of seeing several great programs close while I was there. In my opinion this was not due to a lack of need or value but due to "following market trends". Cone Health has huge opportunity to be a trend setter in health care but time an again I witnessed it bow to current trends in the industry.
Pros
Desire to meet pt. needs.
Cons
Lack of staff support.
Exciting place to work with tremendous opportunities
O.R. Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2018
Very enjoyable and purposeful place to work. leadership is nice and honorable persons who take care of their employees. The workplace has a very positive culture
Pros
Great Co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cone Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight