Cone Health Employee Reviews

great place to work
Endoscopic Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 8, 2018
my experince with cone health has been very beneficial to me as healthcare worker. I love and appreciate the support i was shown during the time i was enrolled in school. My management team were very flexible and understanding. there were times for personal reasons i needed assistance. management and staff were very supportive and resourceful with helping me get through those moments. for that i am thankful!
very busy place to work.
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 25, 2018
The ED department offers a variety of patients and events to keep skills fresh. The staff in the emergency department is family oriented including the dr. and nurses.
My Department
Materials Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 22, 2018
The management in my department is one of the hardest working managers I know the leadership skills they have toward the rest of the team really helps a normal workday more pleasant
Fast paced , challenging and rewarding
Contract Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 4, 2018
This on-call position was to provide spiritual care to patients and families experiencing a crisis of health or death. I wad paged to assist in a room or Emergency. I learned to listen to the heart cry of those going through crisis and to hear their inner need. I also provide assistance and comfort to the staff as they dealt with issues in their life. The workplace was collaborative and teamwork. It was challenging to deal with crises but rewarding to be an assistance to those in need.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
emotionally draining
Productive and fun place to work and very diverse.
Nurse Tech III Cone Health (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 20, 2018
It has a great atmosphere with caring people. You interact with all departments and meet people with smiling faces from different parts around the globe. It gives you room to grow and move to other departments.
Pros
Discount on our meals and stock. Room for advancement.
Cons
The point system if you go over you can be laid off or fired.
I thought this was a dream job, until I GOT my dream job
Licensed Professional Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 11, 2018
The pay was pitiful for a Masters Level Counselor. My next job paid 50% + higher than I made at Cone Health. Minimally supportive working as a single mother with small children. I enjoyed my work experience there, but would not go back!
Pros
exciting atmosphere
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hours, Management
Excellent first nursing job!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCAugust 9, 2018
I began working for Annie Penn Hospital, an affiliate of Cone Health right out of nursing school. I was in a mentorship program with a great nurse and all of the nurses in general were very helpful. I would strongly recommend this company!
Not the worst place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 4, 2018
I feel like I can't speak for the whole system but I know where I work particularly there is a lot to be desired. The management is not the best which in turn lowers morale altogether. They are flexible but just not efficient.
N/a
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 3, 2018
I starting working for The Cone Health system in 2011. Its s very good company to work for. They allow advancement and there is so much room for growth. I was working as a phlebotomist for 18 years and I decided to go back to school and further my education. Cone offered tuition reimbursement and discounts for being an employee. I was able to obtain my Associates degree in Medical Assistant while working for Cone and getting an employee discount. After completing school I was able to find a job within the Cone system as a CMA. I’ve decide to look into other medical specialties as a CMA. Maybe Dermatology or cardiology, or family practice.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
I don’t think OB GYN is for me
Room for growth
Admissions Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
Come Grow with us! Working here you have many options available for advancement! The staff is helpful, and working here is interesting with things happening everyday.
5* Company
Certified Hemodialysis Technician/CNA (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
I've been with Cone Health for 18 yrs, I would highly recommend this company for anyone wanting to grow in the profession of health care. Management work close along with the staff to make we have all
the information we would need to help with the care of our patient,Any given day would be very stressful but the team was able to go in and organize the night and bring calm to the situation
The rewarding part of the job was at the end of the night we accomplished our job as caretakers
Pros
5* Company
Cons
As always short staff
Great Place To Work
Service Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work if you are really wanting to learn something new and improved. Looking to get overtime is easy here at moses cone. I loved working there.
Pros
Learn new skills and become apart of a great family
Cons
If you want flexibility this is not the place for you.
Upper management do not live out the value of transparency with staff.
Patient Experience Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2018
I had the unfortunate experience of seeing several great programs close while I was there. In my opinion this was not due to a lack of need or value but due to "following market trends". Cone Health has huge opportunity to be a trend setter in health care but time an again I witnessed it bow to current trends in the industry.
Pros
Desire to meet pt. needs.
Cons
Lack of staff support.
Exciting place to work with tremendous opportunities
O.R. Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2018
Very enjoyable and purposeful place to work. leadership is nice and honorable persons who take care of their employees. The workplace has a very positive culture
Pros
Great Co-workers
Busy work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 14, 2018
Overall a good place to work with many opportunities and education assistance. Work in an environment where everyone works together as a team. They also provide assistance to families going through difficult times. Cone celebrates the employees with several employee events a year.
Pros
Time off, great co-workers
Cons
Turnover
travel
Ins Rep (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
Wish my job was closer to home/remote job would be great. Ready to move on to CPC coding closer to home. My Manager is the best I have ever had. Love the people I work with and love working independently!!
Pros
love my job
Cons
to far from home
Productive Place to work
NURSE TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2018
Cone Health provides you with growth opportunities. They participate in tuition reimbursement. While it can be stressful at time when you work with a great tea, it makes the job more enjoyable.
review
insurance (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2018
Good place to work. Team environment. Orientation made fun and informative. Fun at work activities. Direct management is great and have good co-workers
Good place to work but strict
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2018
The company is a great place to work with good benefits and awesome people to work with. However, it is so strict that there is no such thing as an excused absence, not even in a life or death situation.
Contract Worker
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 13, 2018
I was a contract worker. The work environment was stressful. The client staff was not held accountable for their actions. Two many chiefs with their own rules & policies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cone Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight