Cone Health Employee Reviews

Helping people and staff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 20, 2019
Patrolling the floors and units, trying to make sure some of the problem areas are where they are and controlled. Assisting in helping people to the areas they need to get to as well. Management does not show up ot show concern for many of the employees and the pay is $6.00 short of top pay even if you have degrees and certifications.
Great benefits.
Transport for Radiology department (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2019
They had great benefits when I started. People were very friendly and knowledgeable. Good comraderie amongst employees..It was a fun environment to go to everyday.
Pros
Good benefits, people
Favoritism & discrimination
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 12, 2019
Management plays favorites, bends the rules for one employee but not another and justifies it by, and I quote: "Director's discretion".
Manager treats people differently, not generous, poor processes, too much politics. They will discriminate you on every single point and make you feel unwanted.
Pros
Everyone will smile from outside
Cons
politics, discrimination
I really like working at Cone.
EAP Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 2, 2019
I enjoy working at Cone. The people I work with are really easy to work with and very collaborative. The staff is very supportive and it is truly a wonderful place to work.
Benefits
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 30, 2019
Benefits could be better. Insurance is not the best and could be better. Paid time off has been decreased. The pay is one of the lowest in the area. If they improve in there two areas it would be a better place to work
Very fast pasted
Patient Accounts self pay call center (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NC Adams FarmJanuary 23, 2019
Worked for Patient Accounts for 4 years, Managers we're great but upper Management well to be nuce SUCKED! They are not approachable and if you approach them they be little you, all about them selves have people in higher up like assistant directors that are nit qualified but because higher ups knew them well we will leave it at that, pay was terrible, refused to give raise and new people being hired making way more money, not fair at all, they require a degree for Patient Accounts, a joke there are managers there that only gave high school diplomas, I've tried to get back on with my old position and gave been rejected twice, I trained the team there no write ups, disciplinary actions always excellent reviews and eligible for rehire but can't get back on, that department hires a lot of Novant people, as management came from Novant not a fair management team, Cone really needs to look at this Talent Aquestrian team they have managing their employment, they are horrible denying well qualified people jobs!! My direct Managers were awesome but their managers are horrible!!
Pros
Good benefit packages
Cons
Upper management is all about themselves, too many Indians not enough qualified cheifs, putting people in management positions that are not qualified!
A fun place to work
HOUSEKEEPING EDWARD COMMERCIAL CLEANING (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 10, 2019
Work at the Cone Health in Mebane NC was a great experience. It was a subcontract under Edwards Commercial Cleaning. Edwards Commercial Cleaning has been cleaning the Cone Heath going on 3 years now.
Leadership Substandard
Residents Services and Activities (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 8, 2019
The ARMC and The Village at Brookwood, both in Alamance county, are part of Cone Health empire and are substandard when it comes to leadership and compassionate decisions. They play a good game of "I Care" about employees, but in truth - following a workers' compensation incident in ARMC, one employee was terminated and has been waiting for a year and a half for proper medical treatment following a ruptured disk and failed surgery. The 'directed care' has been minimal and substandard. Another employee was terminated in the parking lot of ARMC following a work place injury. Leadership at TVAB has been subcontracted and brought from another CCRC organization, Well-Spring. This company puts people in place without any regard for experience or ability. The residents are the one suffering. I would NEVER recommend accepting a position at Cone Health - ever!

Unrealistic expectations. As a salaried employee - I was expected to work 55+ hours weekly. At times, I worked 8 days in a row with no break - as this employer will take advantage of a salaried employee.
Pros
Benefit packages are thorough - but, very pricey.
Cons
Leadership is interested in money and bonus structures.
Good place to work. Having the right atmosphere and co-workers helps.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 6, 2019
From the time I submitted my resume to the 1st day of work, was 3 months. I really liked the position, the atmosphere, etc. After about a year, I was told I was moving to a different part of the office/job while still maintaining control over position I interviewed for. They never asked me how I felt about it, would I want to, they just did it. Also I do a lot of things that were not discussed during interview. Learning is good but doing 3 jobs at once and not being compensated isn't cool. They give offices/ depts raises all at one time - a percentage, like 2 % as a group instead of individuals getting raises for their job performance. It's almost an insult that I can't ask my manager to consider me for a yearly review/ raise.
At this rate there is no room for job growth and for that I'm disappointed at Cone for not wanting to keep their employees happy in a competitive industry. Instead, we are looking for other companies that pay better to work for. Do you risk the chance of losing good co-workers and atmosphere for better pay or cross our fingers and hope for the best? Things are expensive, so I'll take my chances.
Pros
Nice office, good co-workers
Cons
No paid holidays, no raises or room to grow
Community Leader in Healthcare
Lead EMT-CareLink (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 4, 2019
A community leader in healthcare that values its patients and employees. The patient is the center of the company's attention with 100% positive outcomes and great customer service as a goal.
Yawn! Not very challenging IT environment. Lots of lazy people.
IT Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2018
Many in IT do not have the qualifications to be in IT. Hire from outside org. No opportunity for advancement. Job security was good if you don't mind doing the same thing forever. Work life balance was skewed towards life. Spent lots of time doing other things besides working. Company very generous with conference attendence.
Pros
Work life balance. Gym.
Cons
No advancement. Lazy unqualified IT department.
good place to work
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 23, 2018
overall it is a good place to work. it really depends on your coworkers. The relationships you have.However the company as a whole is good to work for. They offer great benefits and a competitive salary.
Pros
job security. great benefits
Cons
over worked, credentials sometimes dismissed or belittled.
Fast paced job with stressful days
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 23, 2018
I spend most of my day taking food orders and then building trays to have them delivered to the patients. Dealing with my co workers is my hardest part because they always try to start drama.
Fairly average job requirements/expectations but sub-par support
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Alamance County, NCNovember 7, 2018
For the position you work, the job is pretty much the same as anywhere else. Same demographic of patients, same duties and job expectations to be performed. However, Poor interpersonal skills from scheduling "manager:" plays favorites and if you're on their "bad side," as other co-workers put it, this person will not answer phone calls or text messages from you when attempting to contact about work conflicts, needing to call out, or even if a staff member on the schedule has not arrived for their shift and the previous shift is trying to figure out if there has been a call-out made or any contact of any kind. Staff on previous shifts will leave at their end of shift, whether or not relief is there to report off to. This is not the norm, but there are core "team" members who will refuse to stay past when they're required to, and give no care or concern to the idea of patients being unsupervised/patient abandonment. Likewise, nothing is done by management to curb this behavior, despite reporting by the oncoming shift team, who will arrive to find no tech staff on the floor to receive shift report from. Techs who dislike one hall over another will absolutely refuse to work where they don't want to, and will essentially bulldoze other staff into working the less desirable areas because of personal preference; again, the scheduling "manager" will say straight-up that they will NOT assign staff posts on a rotating basis to then alleviate staff/team tensions. Benefits are poor for working for such a large healthcare organization. If you have a doctor with whom you have an extensive  more... history but it's outside Cone's extremely narrow umbrella, you're out of luck, and forced to pay out of pocket for your own continued care. Benefits are touted as United Healthcare, but is actually UMR, which is basically the cheap, saving-employers-money-because-they're-required-to-offer-insurance-to-everyone version of Obamacare. Pay is higher here than previous employers, yes, but it's all going back out of your pocket to compensate for the lousy insurance. 403B matching is great at 4% after being with Cone for a year, no matching before. Nurse techs work 8s in facilities other than hospitals and nurses still get their 12s. Techs who are "preferred," however, are specially worked with to somehow get 12 hour shifts while the same isn't offered to others and you will be told isn't an option for you. Basically, go to work, keep your head down, do your job, and go home. The less waves you make, the less mess you'll hopefully catch.  less
Pros
Discounts for amusements, perks with companies, patients and families are great
Cons
Petty co-workers and "management"
Intense ,important patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC. And Reidsville NCNovember 5, 2018
Good place to work. Encouraged to increase skills and knowledge. Many days with no break. Enjoy working with team for positive outcomes I worked nights and felt that shifts needs were not considered enough
Pros
Good co workers. And 403 b
Cons
Short or no breaks at times
Great place to work if you enjoy healthcare
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 23, 2018
A typical day is coming in to work in my assigned area and complete as many task that are expected of me. The hardest part is trying to get everything done.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
na
departments may vary
Customer Service Government F/UP (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 18, 2018
The patient accounting department now is terrible. Cone is a big organization so not all departments are the same. It really depends on the mangment is the department your in.
Pros
some areas can be a very good work experience
Cons
some areas can have poor management
Good place to work.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 13, 2018
A good place to work. Pretty good benefits ( not as good as one would think for a health care company ). Fair pay for job responsibilities. Plenty of paid annual leave days.
Pros
Fair pay, decent benefits and PAL days.
great place to work
Endoscopic Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 8, 2018
my experince with cone health has been very beneficial to me as healthcare worker. I love and appreciate the support i was shown during the time i was enrolled in school. My management team were very flexible and understanding. there were times for personal reasons i needed assistance. management and staff were very supportive and resourceful with helping me get through those moments. for that i am thankful!
very busy place to work.
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 25, 2018
The ED department offers a variety of patients and events to keep skills fresh. The staff in the emergency department is family oriented including the dr. and nurses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cone Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight