Conemaugh Health System Employee Reviews

Poor management
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJanuary 26, 2018
All the CPG managemenr staff care about are themselves. I would never recommend working for them. Work all year and you get a cheap plastic cup as a Christmas gift, yet they donate a bunch of money to fight ipiod addiction.
Mymc
Certified Nursing Assistant/Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Meyersdale, PAJanuary 9, 2018
good place to work; stressful; team effort; work in the emergency room as well as on the unit; different personalities; busy times are challenging at times
Pros
co workers
Cons
no advancement
Great work place
Quality specialist (Former Employee) –  Risk managementDecember 21, 2017
I relocated and have since worked for two separate healthcare companies in the south . The healthcare provided and the processes and polices that MMC have in place are excellent . They strive to provide great care and protect the patients . I had a terrific boss and the administration was respectful and great to work with . The care there is light years ahead of the care in the south and everyone there should be proud of the accomplishments and care provided . Everyone was friendly and worked together as a team . I miss working there very much and am proud to say I worked there . They do a great job !
Pros
Great working relationships and advanced healthcare
Cons
Winter weather !
Limited room for advancement after 17 years
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 20, 2017
A demanding day to day job. I have learned a great deal throughout my years there. Increased my skills in Microsoft office and managing multiple tasks at one time. Management encourages continued learning to better yourself and for the benefit of the company.
Pros
Daylight Shift
Cons
Some longer hours to complete tasks
productive and fun workplace
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 8, 2017
i had went around to each sick kids room and gave them candy and talked with them to cheer them up. I learned alot while talking to the kids while i gave them candy. The hardest part of my job was when going their and they where having a bad day and crying. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I cheered them up and making them laugh.
Low morale, and no one cares to change it.
Social Worker /Suboxone Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 25, 2017
Worked there for twelve and a half years. They encourage you to continue your education, however, you can only advance if you know someone or you follow/conform to their unethical standards.
Upper management is never monitored or evaluated so they continue to run departments into the ground with out accountability. They lose good employees due to poor management.
Pros
Cons
Low morale, poor uneducated management, clicks, physicians who are unethical.
In transition due to acquisition by Duke LifePoint
Accounts Payable then Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 6, 2017
Company in transition after acquisition. Some jobs are secure others are being outsourced to Duke LifePoint affiliates.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that my position was going to be outsourced to Tennessee.

Most enjoyable, was the quarterly celebrations with coworkers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
In transition due to acquisition by Duke Lifepoint. Many people left.
Great.
Coder (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work. The management and coworkers were great. The work was challenging and enjoyable. I enjoyed the coding and working with the physicians.
Horrible Place of Employment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 12, 2017
This job was the absolute worst mistake of my life! I was an outstanding employee and was treated like complete garbage! Management for Environmental is an absolute joke. No complaints or issues are taken seriously. If you aren't part of the "favorites", you are just another number in their system. You don't get paid enough for what you deal with.
There is No Place Like Home
Emergency Clerical Technician (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 29, 2017
This was where I returned to after an 8 year hiatus. It took me 3 times re-interviewing to return but it was well worth the wait. Management changed and it was for the better. Open to new ideas and new policies and the work on the bottom DOES matter and you have a say in how things get changed.

This is one of the best places to work in the Johnstown area and if you can get in and stay in, they will educate you and you will have a lifelong career in the system.

Recent community developments have made work in the ER more complex and dangerous due to the drug influx and criminal activity.
Pros
Payroll deduction for lunches, Continuity of care- most people come and stay
Cons
The free parking sucks!
100% best job I ever had
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 27, 2017
The bosses was so easy to work with. Training was very easy and the prepared you for your job tasks. Was very busy and fast paced work. I really enjoyed my job.
Very busy
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 8, 2017
clean, good teamwork, low pay, management was distant, rewarding to see patients improve, difficult to find equipment needed to perform job, changes taking place within organization
Great co-works, awesome direct management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 29, 2016
I honestly loved my job working for Conemaugh Health System. My direct boss was absolutely amazing and one of a kind!! My co-workers were great as well. We all worked well together to stick to our department guidelines.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
don't like the new upgrades
Educational plce of employment
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  JohnstosOctober 11, 2016
This facility is very educational, very cultural educating. The facility is large and does do a lot for their employees.

I would still be working there if my child hadnt become disabled. They werent willing to work with my needs or i would be there.
Productive and always busy
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 29, 2016
Management does not micro manage. I am in charge of billing for my own office. I multi task my working my accounts, as well as answering incoming calls from patients and collecting payments from patients. My co workers and I get along well. Everyone is willing to help each other when they can.
Not great
Team Leader-Home Health (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 28, 2016
It's just not the best place to work, especially since the buyout! Unfortunately there is very poor management and there are major issues with under-staffing and budget issues.
Pros
Pay, benefits
fast paced
Special Duty Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hastings, PAAugust 17, 2016
fast paced environment requiring learning on the go. co-workers can be petty and backstabbing. management has favorites.
Terrible Place to Work.
None (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 13, 2016
The Management in Environmental Services is Terrible. If you are not one of their friends they treat you like you dont matter at all. You can give 110 percent and they will make you do more. To many bosses 6 of them that dont have a clue of what the everyday person that is doing the jobs do. All they want to do is write you up and fire people. They talk down to their employees, and nothing is done about it even when you report the management to HR. This place is a Joke and so are all the Management. Wages are terrible for every thing you have to do in the job descriptions. Morale is low, people are so rude, NOBODY USES THEIR CARING VALUES FROM MANAGEMENT TO EMPLOYEES. I would never recommend this place to anymone. EXCELLENT EVERY PATIENT EVERY TIME... YEAH RIGHT! { management should work go work on the floor once in awhile to see what they make all their employees do when they keep making their employees do more.
Cons
Management.
Terrible
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 11, 2016
I got fired bc the nurses didn't like me. I didn't get to say my side of the story it was all the nurses that put in an input and got me fired with all there complaints. All of it was just half the story. I was always getting flexed or had too much work load. I had about 15 patients to get washed up, ready, changed, toileted, on top of getting people ready for test, surgeries, x rays, assisting the nurses bc they didn't wanna change anyone! And got in trouble if I didn't have everything done by lunch! Only worked there for about 2 months but it was a terrible experience.
Negative atmosphere and management does not hold true to thei caring values.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 24, 2016
Management at this hospital is awful. The motto is excellence every patient every time does not hold true for this facility. They cut down on staff constantly and expect the nurses to give top quality care while being short staffed. As long as there is a warm body available they don't care what your level of experience is. They don't care about their employees but the employees are the first to get in trouble if they can't keep up with the shiort staffing but management is to blame for that problem. Overall negative employees but you can't blame them for what they have to put up with. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with that nonsense again.
Pros
Good experience for resume
Cons
Short staffed, management does not care, not flexible, safety issues, unprofessional doctors benefits aren't that great