Conemaugh Health System Employee Reviews

Whip the horse that works the hardest
CNA (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 18, 2019
Cutting employees. Adding work not completed to nursing staff. Eliminating positions. Not replacing key workers for employees that have left or been fired. The actual healthcare is out the door. Why do you think they are building the new outpatient facilities. It's all about reimbursement and the almighty dollar. Sooner or later, the managers will have to help out on the floors cause there won't be anyone left to actually perform patient care. I enjoyed it when I first started here. Not anymore. Put on your game faces everyone. Show you are happy in your work. But always be prepared to get screwed.
Pros
Work
Cons
Heading down the drain
Conemaugh is a RN based facility that has very few LPN'S the ones that are there have been for years
LPN Charge Nurse/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 19, 2018
I am currently in a office setting seeing anywhere from 10 to 30 patients daily depending on what area scheduled I enjoy meeting the patients and some have been long time friends
Stuck in the past
Technician (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 7, 2018
When I first got hired, I was honored. The first few months I worked there, I was learning every day and I liked going in to work. Now, I’m realizing that most of the staff are scheduled day and night shifts without a say in it, and most of the time you end up only getting one weekend off in a month. Also, they have no policy when it comes to who works each holiday... whoever requests the holiday off first is who gets it. I did not know that, and I have worked every holiday since I got hired this summer. The management unfortunately seems to be living in the past, living by the “this is the way it’s always been done” mantra.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Scheduling, Poor Benefits
Senior nurses..bye bye
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  PcuOctober 27, 2018
If you have 20-30 plus years......BYE BYE....why pay a nurse with 30 plus yrs experience and good pay and benefits, right? When they could pay a new graduate nurse peanuts.......RIGHT. And thats why the hospital had gone down hill with good care.
Pros
Teaching hospital
Cons
Management.......puppets
Since Duke Lifepoint took over things have changed
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 6, 2018
I loved working with the patients, the elderly and physically/ mentally challenged. It seems like when Duke Lifepoint took over things went bad. They did what they wanted and didn't care about anything but money.
Pros
Had Drug Rep lunches
Cons
Only got 1/2 hour for lunch, no breaks
friendly enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 23, 2018
Great experience with the staff. Physicians were very nice and worked well as a group. The experience was helpful and was many things to do in the office, very little downtime which I like to be busy.
Under-wowed
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 22, 2018
I used to be happy and at my job and had what I needed to complete my jobs unfortunately that changed about 4 years ago.. Management only cares about themselves
Average place of work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown paAugust 8, 2018
This isn't the worst place to find a career, but the hospital has been bought out and job security is questionable. The managers are also too concerned about miniscule issues such as employees punching in one minute late more than 5 times in a calender year.
Poor management
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJanuary 26, 2018
All the CPG managemenr staff care about are themselves. I would never recommend working for them. Work all year and you get a cheap plastic cup as a Christmas gift, yet they donate a bunch of money to fight ipiod addiction.
Mymc
Certified Nursing Assistant/Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Meyersdale, PAJanuary 9, 2018
good place to work; stressful; team effort; work in the emergency room as well as on the unit; different personalities; busy times are challenging at times
Pros
co workers
Cons
no advancement
Good staff and patients to work with
RN (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJanuary 2, 2018
I have learned numerous skills and case managing techniques. The relationships with patients and families has broadened. I continue to advance my nursing skills.
Great work place
Quality specialist (Former Employee) –  Risk managementDecember 21, 2017
I relocated and have since worked for two separate healthcare companies in the south . The healthcare provided and the processes and polices that MMC have in place are excellent . They strive to provide great care and protect the patients . I had a terrific boss and the administration was respectful and great to work with . The care there is light years ahead of the care in the south and everyone there should be proud of the accomplishments and care provided . Everyone was friendly and worked together as a team . I miss working there very much and am proud to say I worked there . They do a great job !
Pros
Great working relationships and advanced healthcare
Cons
Winter weather !
Limited room for advancement after 17 years
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 20, 2017
A demanding day to day job. I have learned a great deal throughout my years there. Increased my skills in Microsoft office and managing multiple tasks at one time. Management encourages continued learning to better yourself and for the benefit of the company.
Pros
Daylight Shift
Cons
Some longer hours to complete tasks
productive and fun workplace
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 8, 2017
i had went around to each sick kids room and gave them candy and talked with them to cheer them up. I learned alot while talking to the kids while i gave them candy. The hardest part of my job was when going their and they where having a bad day and crying. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I cheered them up and making them laugh.
Low morale, and no one cares to change it.
Social Worker /Suboxone Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 25, 2017
Worked there for twelve and a half years. They encourage you to continue your education, however, you can only advance if you know someone or you follow/conform to their unethical standards.
Upper management is never monitored or evaluated so they continue to run departments into the ground with out accountability. They lose good employees due to poor management.
Pros
Cons
Low morale, poor uneducated management, clicks, physicians who are unethical.
In transition due to acquisition by Duke LifePoint
Accounts Payable then Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 6, 2017
Company in transition after acquisition. Some jobs are secure others are being outsourced to Duke LifePoint affiliates.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that my position was going to be outsourced to Tennessee.

Most enjoyable, was the quarterly celebrations with coworkers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
In transition due to acquisition by Duke Lifepoint. Many people left.
Great.
Coder (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work. The management and coworkers were great. The work was challenging and enjoyable. I enjoyed the coding and working with the physicians.
Horrible Place of Employment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 12, 2017
This job was the absolute worst mistake of my life! I was an outstanding employee and was treated like complete garbage! Management for Environmental is an absolute joke. No complaints or issues are taken seriously. If you aren't part of the "favorites", you are just another number in their system. You don't get paid enough for what you deal with.
There is No Place Like Home
Emergency Clerical Technician (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 29, 2017
This was where I returned to after an 8 year hiatus. It took me 3 times re-interviewing to return but it was well worth the wait. Management changed and it was for the better. Open to new ideas and new policies and the work on the bottom DOES matter and you have a say in how things get changed.

This is one of the best places to work in the Johnstown area and if you can get in and stay in, they will educate you and you will have a lifelong career in the system.

Recent community developments have made work in the ER more complex and dangerous due to the drug influx and criminal activity.
Pros
Payroll deduction for lunches, Continuity of care- most people come and stay
Cons
The free parking sucks!
100% best job I ever had
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 27, 2017
The bosses was so easy to work with. Training was very easy and the prepared you for your job tasks. Was very busy and fast paced work. I really enjoyed my job.