Conestoga Wood Specialties Employee Reviews

Average place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 23, 2019
As a quality inspector, you're tasked with inspecting product that is on par with quality standards. Management is great but difficult when trying to follow up with issues found on the production line and the issue slowly grows over time. Other co-workers don't review obvious mistakes and defects and push product to the next process.
great job to wrok
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Beaver Springs, PAJune 21, 2019
its a great job to work at. i like using saws and sander and run machine build doors and glue them together and use machine to pin them together i like working with wood
Good hours depending on what your job is.
Painter (Former Employee) –  East Earl, PAMay 22, 2019
Enjoyed the job and the people but the pay was low and the hours fluctuated to much. Working weekends was always optional.

Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay
Study work
Document & Data Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beavertown, PAMay 13, 2019
Worked well with team leaders. Ample training. Benefits were reasonable. Management would not listen to employee suggestions to improve work areas.
Pros
Employee appreciation dinners
Cons
Stopped paying attendence and referral bonuses
Very shiesty leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  East Earl, PAMay 9, 2019
I interviewed for a maintenance tech job for third shift. I was offered the job and accepted their $ offer. The next day i received a call from an HR manger stating I can still have the job,but they have to lower my houly rate they just offered by a dollar lol I told them never in all my years have i seen such a grimey move by a company. I still accepted the job for experience only and left a few months after. I would literally have to be living in my car to go back.
Not a place to have a career. Very repetitive boring job
Component processor (Current Employee) –  Kenly, NCApril 25, 2019
I wanted a job that I could stay in one place and advance both in learning new things and financially, but this is not the place. They do not want to give raises. They are aware they have a high turn over rate, but it must be cheaper to hire people every few weeks instead of fixing the problem. Which for some is the non-consistent hours and for me personally is the pay. The work is not hard it is suppose to be a 6-2:30 job. and you better be there at 6 or they give you a point on their point system they are extremely strict about. If you need a day off or even have to leave early you take a point or use a vacation day which you only start out with just 5 days that if you quit within a year you have to pay them back for those day. There are benefits you get the standard health, dental, 401, but I'd say they aren't worth it unless you have another job that'll pay you enough to afford them.

In my opinion this would be an ok job for high school kids that don't have bills to pay, but not for real adults that do more than eat and sleep.

This job is very boring. My position is to stand at a table with an assembly line of drawer frames and panels. apply glue to the frames, insert panel, and assembly the drawer. some are small some are about 4ft long. there is a lot of twisting, standing all day on a concrete floor, and very small work area. you get two 10 minute breaks which are really only 8 minutes or you get fussed at for not being back in your spot by the 10 minute bell. and a 30 minute break for lunch.
Pros
some co-workers are fun to work with
Cons
lot of drama, stress, low pay, management doesn't care they have high turn over, very repetitive. no room to grow
Have to be good with working with your hands.
Sander/Finisher (Former Employee) –  East Earl, PAApril 5, 2019
This was a nice place to work but the night manager show favoritism toward her none english speaking workers. They were able to do certain things that others could not do and we were told to mind our business.
Pros
Great place for opportunity
Cons
Great work environment but certain leaders or supervisors are no goo
Ok place to work
Wood puller (Former Employee) –  Beavertown, PAMarch 26, 2019
The co-workers were mean. A lot to remember on computer. Lack of communication. Stressful cause they expect high numbers even when the orders were small. Co-workers wouldn't help or explain things properly.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Mean atmosphere
Fast paced and confusing
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Beavertown, PAMarch 13, 2019
I liked the job just not the people. They didn't teach very well. And maybe it's me but on low order days I don't understand how they expect someone to have high numbers compared to someone who been doing the job for years. I knew who was in charge of the department but they didn't play their role.
El trabajo es bueno, pero a largo plazo la gente terminaba lastimada y para que los atendieran les ponen problemas
Inpecion y lijado de puertas (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 21, 2019
Ambiente de trabajo muy bueno las personas de la oficina siempre atentos a cualquier problema que se tuviera con los pacientes
Pros
Daban bastante horas de trabajo
Cons
No tenĂ­an seguro medico
Friendly work environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaver Springs, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work employee's and supervisors working together closely to make smoother production and a high quality product. 16 years working there.
Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaver Springs, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Required to operate a forklift safely and efficiently. I loaded and unloaded trucks and make sure the workers on the warehouse floor had enough raw product to make the finished product.
Good environment
Plywood (Current Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 21, 2018
Coworkers really friendly great teamwork. Leads were amazing and fun to work with fast paced workplace and should have great organizational skills. Fun place
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work enviorment. Low pay and raises .
Wood Operator (Current Employee) –  East Earl, PANovember 17, 2018
Conestoga Wood Specialties Located in East Earl Pennsylvania is a company that makes custom cabinetry doors and frames. The company itself is ran decently. The management varies from location to location. I enjoyed working there because the people were nice and the work was enjoyable. The only big negative is the pay and the pay raises.
Good place to work for the area.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Beaver Springs, PAOctober 23, 2018
Many, Many good people work here. Top Management could be so much better. Too many yes men, agree with everything you say, but next to nothing done about the given situation.
Pros
Many good people
Cons
Not very good top management
excellent place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenly, NCOctober 11, 2018
good benefits
growing improvement culture with plenty of advancement opportunities is you are willing to learn and apply your knowledge toward self and site improvement
Great place to work, loved my job
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Beaver Springs, PAAugust 22, 2018
This company gets a bad rap, from some employees, because they are customer service oriented. Due to the short lead times and customer response sometimes employees work OT with limited notification. I have never seen management mistreat or not work with ANY employee. They have been in business for so many years because they have excellent customer service. I worked there 17yrs and enjoyed every position I held.
Pros
Clean, friendly, employee oriented
Cons
No paid sick leave is really all I would complain about
Don't care about be anything but the numbers
Spray Technician (Former Employee) –  East Earl, PAAugust 19, 2018
Found out 3rd shift does not get a lunch break. From my understanding that's not even legal but that's how it is. Constant turnover in a company that pays more than anything in the area shows how bad the place is to work. If your on the verge of starving I would say take the job for a few weeks but this is not a job you will want to be at long
Pros
Cons
Treated like your expendable
Stressful but ok if u want more hours
Framer (Former Employee) –  Beaver Springs, PAAugust 17, 2018
You never know how long you're going to be working every day, could be 8 hours or up to 12 if on second shift, when busy there's weekend work also. There are a few drama queens who work there too.
Pros
Second shift pay differential
Cons
Unpredictable hours, drama, low pay for first shift
Balanced job with way to much work drama
Framer/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  East Earl, PAAugust 9, 2018
A good starting job. A fair amount of work coupled with workplace drama depending on your position. You get three breaks including a paid lunch break.
Pros
Free lunches and steady work
Cons
Drama