Confluence Health Employee Reviews in Wenatchee, WA

Toxic environment/ inexperienced leadership
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 19, 2019
Confluence Health is the organization created by the joining of Central Washington Hospital and Wenatchee Valley Medical Center. The monopoly has had a negative impact on health care as a whole for the valley and for both facilities as an employer. Employees of both facilities preferred their working situations before the affiliation as did the health care consumers in the Wenatchee Valley. Benefits and wages have deteriorated because the leadership has control of the whole local job market. There are good people from both organizations who strive to do good work, but the expertise required for management of a large organization is lacking in all levels. The current state of disorganization may be explained by growing pains which are solvable by conscious investment in experienced leadership from outside, but the problems of monopoly are likely permanent. Confluence Health needs to be more concerned with real solutions for patients and employees than with mere impression management.
Pros
Living wages, beautiful location
Cons
Unprofessional, inexperienced leadership, favoritism, uneven, illogical disciplinary processes, staff shortages, 'group think' mistaken for loyalty.
Looking for low pay and high drama, apply here!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 4, 2019
Confluence Health has all the potential to be Wenatchee Valley’s top employer but they fall short in every category. The company fosters toxic environments by promoting nepotism, failing to hire diverse groups of people, and paying below market wages because “we aren’t on the other side of the mountains”. Cost of living in Wenatchee is just as expensive as large suburban towns in WA. However the HR/Compensation departments will use this tired story to refuse to pay people fair wages. Everywhere you turn, someone is related to another person, someone is best friends with your manager so there is an undertone of secrecy and cliques everywhere you turn. Even when providing open honest feedback about co-workers or managers in what has been promised to be a confidential conversation, you can count on someone knowing. If you are an outsider coming to this company, your work/life balance will be challenged because of the need to work twice as hard to prove your worth. But if you’re lucky, your mom is a manager or your dad is a doctor and you’ll be able to get paid for spending hours on social media, yelling at co-workers, taking long lunches to go shopping, getting pedicures/manicures or even drink on the job! Once you do this for about 6 months, you’ll get promoted in to a higher paying job with even more responsibilities! If that’s not your dream, you could just become BFFs with your manager and get all these benefits and more all while you bully those around you, because that’s always fun. I hope someone shakes this place up soon but I know it won’t happen. All the “good ole boys”  more... aren’t going anywhere any time soon.  less
Pros
Taco Tuesday
Cons
Parking sucks too
Typical office
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 2, 2019
It's a typical medical billing job. Pay is nice, advancements are always available and the people are nice in almost all the departments. I was temp and had to leave but I loved it and would go back in a heart beat. Management was weird, definitely depended on the day if they were gonna be nice or not. Higher ups were always nice when they came in. There were food days a lot and that was always cool.
Pros
Good pay, busy day, good people, long lunches, and a few areas to chill during lunch.
Cons
Management was okay.
opportunity
HOSPITAL UNIT COORDIANTOR (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 1, 2019
Some opportunity for entry level. Minimum pay is decent but living wage in Wenatchee is hard to get due to local expenses of living. Work under a union if you can.
Cons
questionable management ability due to company policy's
Nice Place to work
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 23, 2019
Nice staff, pretty good work environment, pretty good benefits and fringe benefits through human resources. Parking is an issue but seems to be getting addressed, for staff and patients
Pros
Apples
Cons
Opportunites
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 21, 2019
Poor management, bullying tactics. Too much power given to management, leaving employees with no voice for concerns or change unless you are "in" with upper management. Difficult to advance career, poor communication or feedback from management and HR.
Cons
Poor advancement opprotiunites
Amazing place to work!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 15, 2019
Confluence Health provided excellent training and great compensation. It was a positive work environment. I really miss the wonderful family I had there.
Great atmosphere to work in. Staff are friendly and focus on their job duties.
Occupational Medicine Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 14, 2019
I usually start my day at 7:00AM and my first patient is at 7:10AM. I start by logging into my schedule at which point I go over it to see the type of visits I will be seeing, f/u vs new patients vs pre employment PE vs CDL's.
With new patients, I make sure medical records are available from either ED visits or transfers. Make sure I have reviewed and have available tests/studies I have ordered that will need to be presented to the patient during their visits.
I make requests to my MA about getting any information that will be needed or changes to be made to my schedule.
After each visit I often times start and finish progress note from the visit I just finished and then move on to the next patient. This process goes on throughout the day until it gets time for me to go home.
I get an hour lunch and I have the opportunity to go home and care for my dogs.
My day ends usually at 5:30 PM and before I leave I finish with notes of the day and make sure that there are no more patients that may need to come in to have PPD reads.
That is about what a typical day at work is like for me.
Pros
Living close to the clinic which provides me with the opportunity to have lunch at home
Cons
No getting paid for vacation time.
Acute care setting
Registered Nurse PCU (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 15, 2019
It was a very rewarding position, however the acuity was too high. Since I am a strong patient advocate I did not feel I was able to give the appropriate care to my patients and their families
Pros
payroll deduct
Cons
High acuity, short breaks
as it is
Business intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WADecember 20, 2018
overall management is all over the place.not an environment for people to develop themselves. More meeting than work. I felt unappreciated from the begining.
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 10, 2018
The learning curve was steep for me not having had a quality externship, but the employees and management were very patient and suppportive. After what felt like a desparate couple of months, I succeeded in becoming a competent and effective employee and much more of a team player than I think I've ever been at any job. My co-workers really seem to care, both about each other and the patients. It's all been very inspiring and exciting to be a part of.
workplace
Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 7, 2018
I am a phlebotomist, since working there they have really helped me advance my skills. The food there is not bad either for a clinic. They do company picnics.
I love what I do
Cook II - Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 2, 2018
Working for the nutrition department is wonderful you get to feed and cook for the patients especially if you like to cook. I would say it a fast pace envriroment but if you can multi task you can do anything.
love where I work
Unitization Management Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 8, 2018
I really enjoy were I work and I am sad my job is ending

My work family is amazing and we all work very well together.

our managers were always willing to help us when we needed it
wonderful people to work with and great manager
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 1, 2018
Most of the staff was knowledgeable and great to work with. The manager on my unit was awesome and helped us on the floor when he could and everyone worked as a team.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough benefits for CNAs
workplace culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WASeptember 19, 2018
This was probably one of the most horrible places I ever worked. The persons that ran the hospital spoke a lot about workplace environment and work/life balance but it was all BS!
Productive and collaborative environment
Contact Center Specialist Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAAugust 16, 2018
A call center is a fast paced and productive workplace. The nature and setting of a call center can be stressful at times, but it can also be fun and rewarding when everyone works as a team.
friendly oriented work place
Receptionist-Dermatology Department (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 16, 2018
fast paced, high patient volume. Great team effort to accomidate patients, friendly enviorment. Hardest part in inputting referrals and scheduling patients as we booked out 3-4th.
Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 15, 2018
Central Washington hospital is a great place to work. The co-workers were great. Not "clicky" at all. Management all seem to be on the same page and communicate direction and expectations clearly to employees.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Not a great place to raise a family
Love working for Confluence
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJune 19, 2018
Best job ever! Love what I did and love my coworkers. All are super helpful and don't want to leave you behind. Highly recommend this company to any of my friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Confluence Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Confluence Health Reviews by Location