CONGRESSIONAL BANK Employee Reviews

I love coming to work each day.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2018
Awesome culture and co-workers. Very positive, upbeat and no drama.
Congressional provides all the tools necessary to succeed.
Great training- leads- operational and managerial support.
Look forward every year to the Corporate Challenge and end of year Awards Gala.
Tampa, FL Office
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2018
I work out of the Tampa, FL office and love it. I feel supported in my role and have many people to turn to if I need help with anything--even people who are not on my team are willing to help. We have a lot of fun here but work very had as well--we have a great culture and do fun things like potlucks and monthly awards meetings and happy hours. I feel very supposed by the Bank and love that it's an open door policy for me to speak with anyone about thoughts/concerns (even our CEO!) I feel like I am given the tools to be successful in my role.
Pros
People, Culture, Tools to be Successful
Cons
The mortgage indusrty is ever changing, for me it took awhile to get used to this
Sr Underwriter (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 30, 2018
Best mortgage company I've worked for with over 18 year experience in the mortgage industry. The pay is fair, departments are adequately staffed where we have a full work load but we are not required to work significant overtime. Coworker are friendly and team work is stressed which promotes working well together. There are also many team building opportunities to create great relationships between departments.
Pros
Good benefits, great co-workers
Self dependent
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
Favorite thing about this place is, if you perform or make an honest effort you will have a good team behind you to help you learn. Mortgage isn't for the faint of heart, it is a grind, making $100k isn't a walk in the park anywhere. Have to be hungry, competitive and realize it may take more then 10 attempts at bat to win. When I started I struggled, but after sticking with it, it has been a very rewarding career, with many transferable skills. Flexibility follows success in sales, by no means is it an 8-5 starting out. After being with the company 4 years I was able to make Sales Manager which in turn allowed me to coach others up with the skills I have learned.
Pros
Flexibility with success, No income limits, very self employed mentality
Cons
More dials when starting, some longer days
Great Company to Work For
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 25, 2018
A company that gives back to its employees and has created an amazing culture and values to stand by in this cut throat business. Quarterly employee incentives based on performance.
Pros
hours, culture, values
Customer & Employee Focused
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
In a competitive industry, it is great to work for a company that values its employees and customers equally. Congressional Bank gives back to its community in a number of ways, including, but not limited to Meals On Wheels and Toys for Tots. Our employees and clients can easily access our leadership Team which demonstrates commitment. We continue to grow and I am excited to be a part of the Team.
Pros
Autonomy in work schedule, industry presence, commitment to employees and clients.
Cons
I don't consider it a con per se, but it is a competitive industry, so you have to be williing to work hard.
Productive and fast speed job environment
Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 7, 2017
I am on temp job schedule and as i finished all my assigned jobs and I feel i will need to move to something else related to accounting. I was about to master my excel skills and learn a lot about compliance procedure.
Pros
excellent job balance
Cons
temp job
Great company to work at!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2017
I've felt valued from the beginning. The culture and team atmosphere are like no other company I've worked for. Managers are excellent and will go to bat for you whenever possible. I've felt rewarded and as an asset to the team.
Pros
Team
A very promising company to an certain extent
Junior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2017
Congressional Bank is an awesome place to learn new skills rapidly and move on. The work atmosphere is very strange with only a small amount of employees. The turnover rate is rather large. You may move up if you are mentally prepared to find a way up on your own. There isn't much room to move up in the company. I learned a lot in a short period of time with little training.
Pros
Fun co-workers.
Cons
Small Business, Poor Management
Bank
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 25, 2017
The place lacked culture and was not a good environment to work in. Managers were not good and there was no opportunity for advancement. They hired outside the bank.

Want to know more about CONGRESSIONAL BANK?

Ask a question
Review
Senior Underwriter (SAR, LAPP & DE Certified) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2017
good work life balance. Ability to work remotely. Pay and benefits are good. Change in culture with new management. No longer employee focused. Now focused on profit and has become very corporate.
Pros
abilty to work remotely
Cons
change in management brought change in culture.
Congressional Bank is a great place for a person right out of college
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2017
Congressional Bank is a great place for a person right out of college. It is very flexible, a nice group of young adults and the pay if okay. I am an Account Manager (Communication Specialist) and they never told me that an Account Manager means working in their call center.
Pros
Work Enviorment
Cons
Expectations
Productive and fun
Sr Loan Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 15, 2017
The diversity is changing in the workplace with new management. It's being more stern and not as flexible with the job work/life balance. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with wonderful people.
Positive and fun place to work!
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2016
I enjoy coming to work every day knowing that I am appreciated, valued, and there is room for growth and personal development. Ever since my first interview I have felt part of the Congressional Bank family. Some of my co-workers have become my good friends in such a short time!
Pros
Company outings/events, happy hours, lunches, bonus incentives
Lack of communication and accountability.
Post Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 24, 2016
None available at this time. I am intentionally withholding futher comments. Lack of communication and follow through.
Great company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 3, 2016
Great people to work with. Good benefits. Amazing technology variety and scale. Strong diversity and inclusion atmosphere. Plenty of opportunities to move horizontally. Used to have strong support for remote workers
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2016
Location was closing so regular branch duties were moderate.
Learned new system.
Management very helpful.
Co-workers helpful in all areas and assist will coverage when short staffed.
Hardest part was the merge and getting customers settled in.
Enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team.
Pros
For employees birthday the bank treat the branch to cakes or cupcake. Very nice.
Cons
No cons
Banking enviroment
Senior Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2016
Typical work day
On the phones and working loans constantly
Hardest part of the job is patience
usually takes 30 days to close a loan
Good people
Senior Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2016
Nice place to work and learn about mortgage processes. Programs to meet all levels of finance. Training is 2nd to non for learn the business. Need work on training new employees who already know the business as it relates to using their software and systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONGRESSIONAL BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2