Congressional Country Club Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 4, 2019
If you are looking to learn the food/hospitality then this would be a great place for you work. I've learned a lot working at Congressional Country Club. During a typical day you would just have to set up the tables and/or bar depending where you are working. The management team while I was employed there was great always willing to work with you on your schedule and what worked best for you. The hardest part of the job was just making sure that the guest was pleased, but we never had complaint unless we was shutting down the bar. The company feed the employees while at work and before the even starts.
Pros
free lunchs and sometimes desserts, excellent food
False Advertisement
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 23, 2018
They rope you in under false pretenses of it being the best place to work. The Management is a joke and are not there for their employees. The best managers get used and abused instead of rewarded for their efforts. The staff is eager to learn and develop their skill sets but their managers seem to be more preoccupied with meetings and avoiding the floor and members. Team Member Engagement “HR” has one employee that actually works hard while no one ever knows what the other two do. The upper management is very good about gossiping and using heresay against the employees instead of work to help them. Very disappointing once learning about their lack of involvement in team development which is desperately needed.
food and beverage
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 15, 2018
very busy place longest hours but fun, good knowledge of wine and many different s foods.I have the opportunity to learn how to do pay roll and labor cost,and food cost .Management is okay but with a little of inconsistency their culture is very original the hardest part was the tournaments long days but it was fun the most enjoyable was our Christmas party and all the events for the employees
Historical
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 5, 2018
Congressional Country Club has to be one of the best organizations I’ve ever been apart of. The true definition of teamwork as we set up events in a timely manner while still maintaining perfection at its finest.
Pros
Free lunches, Unity, Great working environment
Cons
Whenever work is over
Productive, hard working atmosphere
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work involved setting up for lunch and dinner services by polishing silverware and glasses, folding napkins and resetting tables. During lunch and dinner services, the servers and server assistants work together to provide members with top tier service by making sure every glass was full and ever course was delivered piping hot and on time.

The hardest part of the job was during the rush hours, when the members really put our skills to the test. However, thanks to impeccable teamwork, The Founder's Pub rose to the occasion every single time.
Pros
Free lunches, great health insurance for full time employees
Cons
Fast-paced environment may be challenging for new employees
Fun and Professional
Golf Operations, Starter & Marshal (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 30, 2018
I enjoy working and learning at the golf course and the management was first class. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would go back.The PGA staff and employee was great.
Pros
golfing
Cons
Great place to learn the Golf business.
Asst golf professional (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 14, 2018
Working there i learned how to manage the driving range, bag room attendant, club repair, sales, cart barn, and assist Head Golf Professional. Learned many skills that i used today managing the driving range i work at now.
Pros
free lunch, and got to play golf on certain days free
Cons
shorts breaks and no benefits.
Great place to work lunch was catered everyday
Irrigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 21, 2018
Hands down one of the best jobs that I've ever had the work employees work-rate supervisors are great after that situation to move up in the workforce but if you don't mind being stagnant consistent work this is the place
Hello
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 30, 2018
a typical day at work
what i learned
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
no confidential company information
Stress free workplace
Income Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 26, 2017
Very slow paced, stress free environment. Low paid and not so great benefits. Good people to work with. Free lunches and free parking. it is one of the top three country clubs in the nation
Expansive campus, 495 acres, impressive work place, good fellow TEAM members, work hours and lenght of days were both challenging.
Director of Project Development (Former Employee) –  Potomac, MDNovember 16, 2017
High stress lots of hours and little time off.
Good people to work with.
Huge campus with 16 out buildings.
Both commercial buildings, residential housing, 32 hotel suites.
Manged the Engineering stall.
Pros
Close to home Free meals, good benifits
Cons
Crazy hours 24/7/365, A lot going on with the campus
fun workplace
Pool Operator/Professional Rescuer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 30, 2017
A very historical and prestigious place to work. highly competitive during the swim season. Had an opportunity to meet some of the most established people in America from Congressmen, to Tennis Greats, to Professional Football Players, and more.
Fun and energetic workplace
Pavilion Poolside Server (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 28, 2017
During my tenure with Congressional Country Club, I can say I had a lot of fun alongside my coworkers and also the members of the club. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say is interacting with the members although some may not have always been in the best of moods, I enjoyed my time there.
Job turnover made for a stressful workplace
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 25, 2017
Lots of meeting but enjoyed my 20 years that I worked at the Club. Workplace culture was difficult at times because the various departments were so diverse. Enjoyed working with the Club membership and learned a lot from their expertise in the various industries they worked, ie, insurance, employee benefits, corporate tax.Working during the 1997 and 2011 US Open was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
traffic turnover rate
Fun place to work.
Professional Golf Caddy (Current Employee) –  Potomac, MDAugust 15, 2017
Working at Congressional has been a great experience for me over the years. It has provided me with an opportunity where I can help people, while being myself. I get a feel for the customers personality quickly, and let their energy help me predict what type of service would best suit them. This position has taught me a lot about patience, networking, and reliability.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unreliable
Executive Steward (Management) (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 30, 2017
A great plan being implemented by the wrong people!
Note to the GM:
"Beware of false Prophets"
Some people spreading your message don't believe in the foundation of it.
I enjoyed working there
Housekeeping/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  8500 River Road, Bethesda MDMarch 9, 2017
Fun place to work but some
employer's don't mind there
business.But the good thing
is the member's compliment
and appreciate the hard work
you do.
Great Place
Lead Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 28, 2017
If you are motivated and hard working it is a great place to progress your career with plenty of room for advancement. Being such a large club, it can get disorganized sometimes, but the recovery is swift. There are a lot of great and talented people working here that are great to learn from and work with.
exciting place to work but tough to move up unless you know the right people
Golf Operations (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 23, 2017
If you like golf this place will be a fun place to work. I was hired as a seasonal employee but was converted to full time due to my hard work and reliability.
Excellent place to work for
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Potomac, MDNovember 17, 2016
Congressional country club is the number one country club in the nation with regards to member services and satisfaction. You meet a great deal of people who highly educated and successful. I learn something new on a daily basis. It provides a safe and respectful environment for all employees.
Pros
interactive environment
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Congressional Country Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Congressional Country Club Reviews by Location