Conifer Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Productivity vs Training
SR. SPECIALIST REVENUE CYCLE (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2018
Conifer job is like any other job, good if you know what you are doing. The policy is hiring temp to perm with lack of training, you are thrown out there and required to make productivity which is of more value to them then offering the training and taking pride in their work. They are losing clients because of this.
Pros
Working in Office offers more perks
Cons
Promotions based on who you know
productive and fun to work at its family enviroment
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 12, 2018
atypical work day is to take calls from patient and help them with their unpaid bills and find a solution to help them, i learn to be a leader on the floor and to become success of my job function,management helps you and train you to be successful and always there to help, work culture is great its like a second family to me, the hardest part of my job is when I'm not able to find a solution to help a patient, when i speak to patient and was able to give them solution of their situation
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
advansment
Company being Sold
Specialty Physician Coder II (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 8, 2018
With the news recently that Conifer was being sold, myself and fellow co-workers were being terminated for various reasons. Policy changed without the employees being told, and management kept only the ones they knew personally or had been there the longest.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lack of communication
This was not a good place to work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 4, 2018
This was a temp job we all worked in a warehouse. We all had to share password to payers sites to do out daily work. This was not a good place to work.
Cons
Responsible, independent, gets well with other employees.
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is to calm down an upset patient/client. To assist and take control of patient/client reason for calling. That by the end of the call the patient/client is happy that I was able to assist with questions.
Excellent Work Environment
Payment and Research Representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 1, 2018
Conifer is an enjoyable company to work for. They are a driving force within the healthcare community and it is a pleasure to work for them. I am able to work remotely and I love having that option!
Yes we had a games for staff in lunch room
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 29, 2018
Drive through protected property with guard's. Walk up stairs to friendly environment and some friendly staff. Learned how to multi task from project to project and collect 💸. Mgmt are great.
During holidays we all participated in activities we even challenged team members. We all participated.

We loved it.
Pros
A learing facility for growth.
Cons
Medical field changes
Fast paced
Patient Access Representative/Emergency Admissions (Former Employee) –  NebraskaOctober 29, 2018
• Triage and process emergency room admissions
• Assist visitors/families to appropriate areas throughout the hospital
• Managed multi-lined phones
• Scanning documents into charting system
• Processing Co-pays
• Contacting doctors for nurses and other physicians
Still work there
Senior Denials Auditor/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 25, 2018
Conifer is a great company to work i have learned so much and continue learning. the company went through a system changed and the training was sucked the whole training was webEx. when it comes to management there is a lot of favoritism, beside that conifer is one of the best place to work. the most enjoyable thing i love about conifer we are one team
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Breaks lunch and lunch break
The company tracks your time with breaks and lunches closely monitored
Appeals Writer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 25, 2018
The landscape of this company has changed in the 3 years that I have been away. Work from home was a new concept in 2016 but seems to be the direction that the company had moved into.
Wonderful place to work, but culture is changing
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDOctober 25, 2018
The company is up for sale, so this wouldn't be the best time to sign on. Maybe after all the layoffs have been completed. It has a good vision and wonderful staff.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Up for sale
Alright
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 24, 2018
Good company, lack of advancement, not enough break. Does not work around school schedule, director is rude. There is no proper training, it is fast paced and good to interact with fellow employees.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
lack of advancement
Productive and a fun enivorment
Intermediate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work I would punch in and say good morning to everyone. Go through my emails and help representatives if they need assistance. Then I would go through my list of what I have to do for the day. For example, I would organize games to make sure the moral on the floor states positive. Then i would either do call monitors, side by side or silent monitoring. Some days I may have meetings to go to other days I may just take a lot of escalated calls or train new hires.
Pros
positive moral
Cons
structure
Stressful work environment
Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 22, 2018
Company is very focused on goals regarding collections. Monthly goals in regards to productivity (number of accounts worked) Collection amounts collected, etc.

I learned how to get around insurance companies delays.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with companies who farmed out their customer services to other countries.

Loved being able to resolve my accounts.

Working with staff who are very knowledgeable of their particular skill set. Learned alot from others there.
Pros
Lots of work to keep you busy
Cons
Management was unavailable during month end.
patient access
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAOctober 18, 2018
I love the company, great pay, and great hours. flexible shifts. Conifer is a strong company that values their employees. the training was a bit much but overall i loved the job
Really liked this place!
Patient Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 18, 2018
They worked with my schedule, it was comfortable and respectful. I would definitely recommend. The managers were fair and understanding and the atmosphere was very comfortable. I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Flexible, comfortable
Cons
no advancement
Your day will be spent guessing if you are posting the correct adjustments to each account
Accounts Receivable Representative I (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 18, 2018
As an AR rep prepare to get one lousy week of training followed by days of sitting and slowly working through claims that you have no idea about. If you need help from an actual supervisor be prepared to wait for 30 minutes to an hour for you to get some help. RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS POSITION. It is terribly unorganized not to mention the cheap time keeping system that you are expected to babysit and do the supervisor's job.
Pros
Management is not on site
Cons
Management is not on site
Poor Management and they do not trust employees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 17, 2018
Management is weak and they do not trust employees, very stressful, don't be fooled by the pay because if you work at WellStar kennestone hospital you will work your butts off. stay far away from this company
Pros
non
Cons
Poor Management and they do not trust employees
Patient Account Supervisor- Cash Posting (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
Come in and assign work. Most employees know what is expected and will request assistance if they come across an issue that they need help with. Most employees adhere to company rules. It is lots of work specially since office is going thru system conversions.
review
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 12, 2018
Typical day is ensuring all team members are available answering calls. I multitask answering emails, jabbers from our tele commuters and questions in office. The culture is change and because there's so much change it has been hard for our department to settle and be functional. I love seeing people grow, I love to help their development and growth in the company.